• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

WIld vs. Hawks

toughguy

Yep, that top line has been getting destroyed. Koivu can not win a face off, and is spent 8 minutes in the box last game. We need some puck control down low out of them. Cullen's line just keep doing what they are doing, they have been fun to watch.

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bear55

• Improvedarock

• schmitty3

• toughguy

If they play the rest of the game like they did the last 5 minutes of period 1, they could win.

Was that the Vikings patented prevent defense?

Koivu is overpaid. Show just a glimmer of fire.

Heasding in to OT Wild have to dig deep now for a win. Great playoff hockey though!

Clutterbuck sure did his best Vikings impersonation. That was one of the dumbest things i've ever seen. He just tries to tackle Toews instead of getting of for a change they were behind on in the first place? Just stupid.

They played for 54 minutes and beat the beast. Could get interesting now. Still no rough stuff. Gotta pop Kane!

Kind of scary we play a great game and it still goes to OT but woo hoo we WON!!! Can't wait for Tuesday.

Was that the Vikings patented prevent defense?

Koivu is overpaid. Show just a glimmer of fire.

I understand playing a bit more D in the last few minutes but they went away from what got them the lead and played D for close to half the 3rd period. It was just a matter of time before the Blackhawks would score as we left them im our end way too much.

Nice that Zucker got rewarded with the early OT goal. He's been a nice surprise in this series. I won't comment on how we let them back into the game late though.

Pominville making any progress yet? I feel like we need more depth to take this thing deeper.

Cullens line is hot. Speed on the forecheck, attacking and cycling the puck. Great effort by that line. The D still needs help. Harding is playing better then I expected. I hope he can't keep it going and wins this series for everything he has been going through.

Top line stepped up, Cullen's line continued to play good and for the most part the D played good. I still cringe every time I see the Falk-Gilbert pairing out there.

Bouchard has been playing great in these playoffs. He has looked like his old self lately.

Pominville making any progress yet? I feel like we need more depth to take this thing deeper.

I think he felt ok and skated in one practice and the next morning the C symptoms were back so I don't know that we will see him any time soon. Maybe a game 6 or 7 if we make it that far.

Yea the Cullen line makes running the 1-2-2 look perfect. Two men on the puck one high to pinch the strong or weak side, or in Zuckers case making himself available after reading the play and pounding that puck in for the win!

There's nothing wrong with mikko or his line they have done a great job keeping Chicagoan snippets at bay! They have been running the 2-1-2 for good reasons!

Quote:
There's nothing wrong with mikko

I'm not sure if he's slighly injured but he does seem just a bit off. Now if he keeps winning key face-offs like he has that in itself is priceless!

12 hours til game time!!!!!

Wild called up Dumba and forward Carson Mcmillan.

This time of year all the teams call up the youngsters since they are done with AHL. It doesn't mean they are playing, but they do practice with the guys and get a taste of it.

I think Dumba is just there for the experience, no way he plays in the playoffs against the Hawks. I think he will be good for us some day but he needs more time.

Have to take this game, going back to Chicago down 3-1 is not an option!

Sounds like Pominville practiced yesterday, me think if he feels good today he might get back in there.

Also as expected Suter is a finalist for the Norris, Brodin didn't get the nod for the Calder but he is going to be a stud for us for a long long time.

If Backs suits up, I'm assuming that Yeo sticks with Harding, correct? I would not be a fan of throwing a guy out there for game 4 that hasn't played for a week +. Pivotal game tonight!

If Backs suits up, I'm assuming that Yeo sticks with Harding, correct? I would not be a fan of throwing a guy out there for game 4 that hasn't played for a week +. Pivotal game tonight!

Harding has been playing VERY good, but you would almost have to think in the back of your mind is it going to wear him down. He is on the meds for MS and hardly played at all this season.

Personally you have to ride the hot hand until something changes with his game.

Hard to see them not playing Harding at this point unless he has a bad game.

But the team isn't. They are getting playoff experience though. Now Harding is out.

Yea that second goal completely took the air out of them. Hopefully they can come out with some energy in the 3rd and make it a game.