• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

WIld vs. Hawks

toughguy

I thought the officiating was ok. Zucker did have a good game and so did PMB. Did Suter hit the 40min mark? That guy is a horse to be in the playoffs and still putting in the ice time he does.

I hope Parise shows up more in the next few games otherwise there in trouble. Pominville may have made the difference last night if he would have dressed.

But Great game and Harding was solid and the Coaches had a good game plan and they really stuck to it all the way through the game.

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bear55

• Improvedarock

• schmitty3

• toughguy

We need Pominville back. I don't like the first PP with Brodz out there, I'd prefer Coyle over him.

It was great to see Harding have a stand up game. He gave them a chance to win. How can you NOT root for this kid? Wild had to slow the game down and they did. I do think they need to find a way to generate a little more offense but Pominville alone may help that.

My favorite move was to see Scandella back up. He is MUCH better skater than Falk, Prosser and Stoner. He still made a couple of mistakes but he has a much better skill set to be a big time player for the Wild. He played 22 minutes which is great. Also thought Zucker was our best offensive player last night.

I said it at the start of the year that this year was to build the playoff experience. I hope at a minimum we can take one or 2 wins in the series. Building for a run next year.

Go Wild!

The refs were fine, let some stuff go both ways. The even up call in OT in Gilbert was a little weak but it didn't affect the game.

I also like Scandella out there and hate Brodz on the PP. Zucker was awesome all night, very happy to have him back.

The refs were fine, let some stuff go both ways. The even up call in OT in Gilbert was a little weak but it didn't affect the game.

I also like Scandella out there and hate Brodz on the PP. Zucker was awesome all night, very happy to have him back.

Agree on Brodz...he seems like a day late and a dollar short out there. IMO they'd be better off having Seto on the offside wing cranking off some shots and Parise over on the other offside wing. Cullen would be good there too but need to have him ready to run the 2nd line of PP. Hopefully Pominville is ready to go Friday.

Good effort overall but......

I thought we were screwed when Backy got injured, however Harding really played a great game. Game could have went either way. I thought they really executed their game plan. Hopefully we can pull it off on Friday. Knowing how much Backstrom prepares and stretches before each game, I was really suprised he would pull something. If it was his groin, he will be out for a long time.

Incredible game last night. Thought I woke up everyone in the house when Zuck hit the crossbar! If the Wild keep up this play, this could very well be THE series of the playoffs. How about Suter....41 minutes and change of ice time?

I wasnt happy with Cullen's PP effort last night. Too much stick handling.

There was a play that had Brodz open which Cullen hit him perfect, but Brodz couldnt handle it.

Zucker was a machine last night. i was hoping he would be rewarded for his efforts.

Harding was huge. What a spot to get flung into. I have been fearing this would happen to Backstrom all season. He always gets hurt.

Time will tell if this is a season ending (depending what happens in this series) or if he comes back, but I just knew we were on borrowed time with him.

Scandella was VERY noticeable last night and that is a good thing. We could have used him weeks ago.

My take is that was about the best showing we could have put forth defensively. Offensively we could have done better. Overall we controlled the game, and for the most part it was played at the pace we wanted it to be. I think Friday will tell as to whether or not Chicago has another gear to hit. I don't think we got Chicago's best effort.

I'd like to see Setoguchi put together a string of physical games, like we all know he is capable of. He was a non factor last night. When he goes on a tear, he can really disrupt opponents game.

Power plays have an continue to frustrate me. 1:30 of passing and two shots. It seems like we are waiting for too perfect of a shot. Get a body or two in front of the net and get the puck on goal. Give the bodies a chance to clean up a rebound. Crawford was puking up rebounds all night. This is where we miss Heatley. Set up camp, and start chopping.

Agreed on Heater he's been missed a lot more then we or some of us would like to think!

That was a must win last night as far as putting the choke factor into the Hawks brains''''sadly I'm just hoping for 1 of the next 3 to go our way now!

Yep despite Heaters legs he is a scoring threat any time he hits the ice and other teams know that. He also has a lot of playoff experience and just makes us a deeper team, it was a significant loss. Imagine our 3rd line right now with Heatley-Brodz-Pommer.

Indeed if Heater can kinda Andrew Brunette a few in there....I just love playoff hockey, each year the thing I look forward to the most, even if MN isn't involved, can't wait to watch the next game, haven't seen a game in a long time. Not a prediction but boy I'd love to hear series tied at 1 a piece come Friday night ! Jim Cornelison will get the crowd rockin, then here we go.

Pominville will not travel with the team back to Chicago, and did not even skate today.

Boy did the LA Brown guy really have that trap set for JP. What sucks is we have no idea if JP would've had a pair the other night, daing. I mean a pair of goals geez. I wish that elbow would've caught him a foot lower.

Hopefully Pomminville is ready for the 2nd round of playoffs after we destroy the Hawks. whistlegrin

Looks like Brown is up to his same old sh!t.

Saw a replay of him the other night not only throwing out the knee on knee hit but throwing the elbow out too for good measure. Can someone just end this guy? He's Matt Cooke with hockey ability.

Heatley is definitely missed but he'd be a huge liability on D, the skill players on Chi would eat him alive. Also they brought in Pomminville just for this situation and he gets a dirty elbow to the face.. I'd call that the Wild being snake bit as usual. And then Backstrom injuring himself while basically stretching... 3 key players down, I don't know how they plan to keep up with the hawks.. Thank god, they had 2 full days with no games, hopefully they are rested.

Tuesdays playoff game was the highest rated Wild game ever.

Lets take this game! Pumped up for tonight, forget the injuries and all that bad mojo, its the playoffs and anyone can win. That offense needs to start clicking because 1 goal against the Hawks isn't going to be enough to win.

I'm looking forward to a couple barley pops and a playoff hockey game after work tonight. If the Wild can get more physical with the Hawks I think they have a good chance tonight. I look for a big game from Parise. He's due.

Speaking of Pominville, anyone catch what the gigantic D-Bag Dustin Brown tried last night? Attempted knee on knee and elbow to the head, classy. Shanny needs to act quick, b/c this guy is as dirty as they come. Can't believe he wears the "C" playing like that. Clutterbuck is hated too, but he has really clean hits most of the time.

Brown Hit on Schwartz

Minnesota is a big time state and it shows on our hockey team! Turning it off!!! Pathetic!!!

Back to the topic. Not impressed at all with that effort. They are playing hard to not get beat by 4 or more goals. You can clearly see that every wild player has little confidence in there teammates or themselves. Flipping the puck out of the zone is not a f-ing breakout. And would it kill Yeo or this team to show some freakin passion out there! Crawford is dishing out the rebounds but the wild aren't any where near the net. Hockey is a game of inches and the wild are several feet off right now!

I am thinking the Wild will win one at home and then go quietly in the night at Chicago in game 5 just in time for fishing season. I don't know how many times I have yelled at the TV begging the Wild to "Just hit the net" I swear they must lead the league in missed shots on goal....

I just wish they would shoot the dang puck when on the power play. Seems no one wants to take the shot. And would somebody please throw a big hit on any Hawks player mad

ole

Wild are a finesse team but Chicago is a better finesse team. Probably a good thing I fell asleep at the start of the third but I thought the Wild played pretty good for the first 2 periods.

We really need Pominville to have a chance against these guys. That will make our third line much more offensive and give us a chance. Seto, Cullen and Zucker seemed to be generating the most offense while I was watching but I didn't think our third line did much.

One player shouldn't matter that much but Chicago probably has the best all around first line in hockey. They can both shutdown and create a lot of offense.

I want to see the Wild extend it to 5 games at least. At a minimum I think Harding and Scandella have looked pretty good considering how little they played up in the bigs.

Today is a must win IMO. If they lose today, why would they fight in game 4? Lots of $$ spent for a 4 game sweep!

Can anyone tell me if our top line has scored a goal or anyone even have a point on that line? I don't think we do. Time for those guys to step up. The Cullen - Seto line is carrying this team right now!

If this one gets bad I'll head out to the garage and continue to get the boat ready I guess. (Maybe the Twins or the NASCAR race will be exciting)