• RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE

You know what we all love...

When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

koWALLEYEski

Spitzer Lake by Inspiration Peak was open yesterday

JeffS

I'm looking @ Otter Tail lake now from my parent's cabin. There is open water about 80 yards off from shore and then ice as far as I can see. We are on the Southeast side of the lake.

Ole #1

Does anyone think Otter Tail will be ice free by Saturday?

deacon

Would guess OT will have 30% chance of ice free by Saturday morning. Still about 90% ice as of last night. Going to need some strong winds to get ice moving and breaking up. Without wind would guess Sunday or Monday.

Chartreuse

Sunny and 60 with 10-20 mph winds Friday.

JeffS

full-20513-32918-image.jpg

This was taken 1 hour ago from the park between the Pier and the Pelican bay access.

WalleyeGod

Here are a few pics of area lakes taken this morning. Some will open up in the next day or two and some just won't make it for walleye opener. Might need to find an open bay somewhere for crappies, go further south, do yard work, take a nap, bank up some kitchen passes for another weekend.

http://fishingminnesota.com/forum/file/userpics/2013/05/full-2277-32924-100_4023.jpg

full-2277-32925-100_4022.jpg

full-2277-32926-100_4021.jpg

full-2277-32927-100_4020.jpg

full-2277-32928-100_4019.jpg

full-2277-32930-100_4017.jpg

full-2277-32931-100_4016.jpg

full-2277-32932-100_4015.jpg

Top to bottom was: Lida, S Lida, West Silent, Star, Dead, Heilberger, Jewett. Of the Pics Dead was the most open and should be good by Saturday. No pic but Prairie north of Pelican will be good to go. The wind today should accelerate things quite nicely.

Good luck this weekend! I have to hit the grad party trail myself.

WG

nroff

a lot of lakes opened today. Looks like dead will have some fishing anyways.

WalleyeGod

http://ge.ssec.wisc.edu/modis-today/index.php

Oh yeh, and this has been around again lately if you don't have it in your favs. Most likely want to hit the False Color tab and also the 250m tab.

WG

hockeybc69

What the heck is that for?

deacon

OT about 20% open, need lots of wind today to finish the job.

Fish, West Lost, Norway, etc - small shallow lakes are open.

hockeybc69

tomorrow should do it... 30 mph winds with higher gusts.... Hate to have lakeshore on the south side of the lake with that wind and ice tomorrow. ouch...

boat launch south of Ottertail will be out of commission for days with the ice piled up on it.

hoppe56307

You can get an even better look if you use the "Open in Google Earth" option when looking at the whole US.

deacon

OT still has ice on SE end, about 30%+ still covered with ice. Wind needs to change directions to clear lake 100%

fishlakeman

Some pics of Ottertail. This was from my cabin a 1/4 s of the old pier. Really cool ice mountains about 100 feet off shore. I'm glad it wasnt on the shore itself tearing everything up. I'm guessing the lake is clear in 2 days with no wind, tomorrow if there is wind. Some of the ice seemed somewhat solid still. There were 2 boats at the Zorbaz landing, as 1/2 the lake is open on that end. West Battle, Rush, and everything else seemed wide open from what I could tell.

full-910-33058-2013_05_12_16_49_53_81.jp

full-910-33059-2013_05_12_20_04_26_219.j

slammer
On 4/15/2013 at 12:27 AM, hockeybc69 said:

My Dad drilled a hole on East Battle 3 days ago and the ice was still over 24 inches....

Forecast for the next 5 days has a high not over 35 degrees.

Last year ice out was March 18th... Average ice out is April 20th or so.... Ice out wont be in April this year on the lake...

Went back to look at what was happening in 13 as its real similar this year.

slammer

Or worse......:mad: