• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• Join In - We Share Fishing Reports & Outdoor Information Here

You know what we all love...

The same things you do!!!! Share what you love & enjoy in the outdoors as well as thank those whose posts you 'appreciate.'

Have Fun!!!

PRFISHER

APRIL 11TH WINTER STORM WARNING.... DRILLED A COUPLE OF HOLES LAST NIGHT, 32" OF ICE.... GLOBAL WARMING? YA RIGHT....

FM_Mike

Whens the Walleye Opener........ shocked

Mike

hockeybc69

June 11th

Gissert

Crazy year. I have a turkey tag for B season, but I will probably still be boiling sap.

foo

Although it doesn't look like it will be off in time right this minute...I believe it will. Close but off.

FM_Mike

June 11th

I think you meant May 11th. grin

It could be very interesting if this weather doesn't start to warm up.

Mike

hockeybc69

No I meant June 11th. LOLLL.... Thats when ice out will be. smile

FM_Mike

grin

Mike

Musky Buck

I best update PRfisher, April 15th massive potential winter storm warning. Just checked weather potential for Pelican Rapids, 7-14" with possible localized amounts 14+. That gives the lakes roughly 25 days to thaw out.............buddies are having trouble augering holes yet as of last night due to thick ice/snow/slush, the current plan is to ice fish May 11th until proven otherwise. A tale of 2 springs, man.

Musky Buck

Sorry Sunday the 14th lingering into Monday the 15th, be careful everyone.

PRFISHER

At this rate you could plan on still driving out by the 11th for the opener. The 10 day forecast isn't going to get rid of the new snow we either have received or are going to receive... Lots of days with highs in the mid 30's and upper 20's for lows and clouds are not the recipe that we need right now.....

PRFISHER

UGH!!!!

Today Apr 12

Snow Shower

32°F

25°F

Snow Shower

Chance of snow:

40%

Sat Apr 13

AM Clouds / PM Sun

34°

24°

AM Clouds / PM Sun

Sun Apr 14

Snow / Wind

36°

29°

Snow / Wind

Chance of snow:

70%

Mon Apr 15

Mostly Cloudy / Wind

34°

23°

Mostly Cloudy / Wind

Tue Apr 16

Mostly Cloudy

30°

26°

Mostly Cloudy

Wed Apr 17

Snow Shower

34°

29°

Snow Shower

Chance of snow:

40%

Thu Apr 18

Few Snow Showers

33°

26°

Few Snow Showers

Chance of snow:

30%

Fri Apr 19

Partly Cloudy

35°

26°

Partly Cloudy

Sat Apr 20

Cloudy

34°

24°

Cloudy

Chance of precip:

10%

Sun Apr 21

Mostly Cloudy

42°

36°

Mostly Cloudy

Musky Buck

Unreal, no doubt what is the walleye spawn looking like ? Like Ottertail/Walker lake are they beginning or what stage is that in ? My best bet may be a 2' deep creek channel they spawn in for opener not that I would mess with that but things must be behind schedule ? My dad said a year ago he had 93 pocket gophers already lol.

Gissert

Looks like I will have the best syrup making year ever. Might have to burn my turkey tag.

hockeybc69

Quote:
My dad said a year ago he had 93 pocket gophers already lol.

Last year by now I had all my food plots tilled, gardens prepared, yard thatched and fertilized, trees were in full bloom,...... I just got really depressed.

Upside,,,, impossible to complain with the affect this will have on ground moisture....

FM_Mike

Can't even imagine how difficult this must be for the resort owners. Hard to book for Walleye opener when the docks are not out and there's still ice on the lake. This could cost them a load of money.

Not to mention the impact to the local bait shops and small area economies that look forward to opening weekend.

Then there will be the DNR rushing to get docks in place and make repairs to any landings needing it.

Guess we will see what happens.....

Mike

otterman91105

Lets hope the ice is off for opener. The temps need to start changing.

Ufatz

Ya know, I really don't want to rain on anybodys parade, but lets take an honest look at the situation. Learned today of several lakes in the OT and BL area that have OVER 30" of ice on them yet. Can we realistically expect thirty inches of ice to go in thirty days. Ice that has snow on top of it. Ice that is still solid up against shorelines.

I believe we will be fishing the opener through the ice.

GRA

I think the Canadians may have come up with the answer. The bad part is the harmful effect on kittens.

MN Shutterbug

I think the Canadians may have come up with the answer. The bad part is the harmful effect on kittens.

That was hilarious. grin

MontanaMax

Ya know, I really don't want to rain on anybodys parade, but lets take an honest look at the situation. Learned today of several lakes in the OT and BL area that have OVER 30" of ice on them yet. Can we realistically expect thirty inches of ice to go in thirty days. Ice that has snow on top of it. Ice that is still solid up against shorelines.

I believe we will be fishing the opener through the ice.

Before depression sets in too heavy, keep in mind that 50-60 degree days in late April and early May have 3-4 hours/day more light for direct sun melt, higher sun angle, and (typically) higher low temps. Once the Siberian Spring abates the ice will melt FAST.

Ufatz

And just where in the long-range forecast do you see those 50-60 degree temperatures? Look again.

In fact, ol' Montana pal, have you checked the weather in Bozeman and Livingston this morning. Same as Fargo and Alex.

Hard water until May 12.

chochie

50 degree weather in 10 days...small lakes will be ice-free by opener, not sure about the bigger ones like ottertail. I just hope the big females have spawned and are out of the rivers so the they don't get picked off by the guys lining the banks this year. Can't imagine what the river access on ottertail is going to look like this year!

foo

It is supposed to warm up bunch soon-- 60's by the 22nd. The ice will be off with not much time to spare. Relax.

MontanaMax

My weather sources put 66 on April 25, but that wasn't my point. Nor did I mention how rain can help the melt. We've had ice out in Central Montana since March 1, and our local golf course are open and playable year round (I've played every month in 8 of the last 10 years). Played 3 times this week around the rain/snow storms. Just wanted to pass along a little warmth and hope from God's country, my friend. And no fair referencing Bozeman weather, 'cause if the weather sucks anywhere in Montana, it sucks in Bozeman.