• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

"We're #1" Official Site

DonBo

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• DonBo

• mattrd

• Archerysniper

• x1957x

I am in and ready DonBo. Thanks guys. I hunt in the wabasha area in the zone 501B and cant wait. Havent been there to scout yet but going out with my son and grandson today to hunt the first week with them. YaHoo!! 57

Welcome x1957X. Hope you can help the boys some birds this week. I'll be hunting same time as you next week.

Don were you hunting just north of me this morning?

The reason I ask is I could here someone open up with a 5 round barrage and remembered from years past that is your turkey hunting MO shockedlaugh

The reason I ask is I could here someone open up with a 5 round barrage and remembered from years past that is your turkey hunting MO shockedlaugh

You are SUCH a funny guy! It's easy to be cocky when the tags already punched, huh?

It sure is grin

Last year I gave you so much dump before my hunt and I missed so this year I wanted to wait till I had one down laugh

Quote:

The reason I ask is I could here someone open up with a 5 round barrage and remembered from years past that is your turkey hunting MO

That made my afternoon right there! lol grin

Seemed like every other turkey post I read that year was Don missing another one!!! laugh

Just for everyone's entertainment, here's parts of my posts from May 2010.

Broke out the shotgun this morning and hit a new spot. Lots of birds. Missed a big one. Twice! Grrrrrrrrrrr. Two more days...

Been out scouting with Hunter and the spots he plans on hunting are holding birds....but not much strutting they've been pretty much feeding in large groups.Leaning towards taking him C season with next weeks forecast.

So what's up with Hunter? Are we going out this weekend, or waiting for season 3?

Well my mood brightened immensely this morning. Scouted out a few of my properties and they got better and better.

Spot 1. Several gobbles but none close. Walked around and saw tracks from 4 hens that walked through sometime yesterday, nothing more. This was still WAY better than what I saw here last week.

Spot 2. Got out of the truck and immediately heard gobbling. Lots of gobbling! This is a small property and all the activity was on the neighbors, but there were lots of tracks on my side of the fence. This was very promising.

Spot 3. Drove along a road that borders this property and saw a couple strutters. Pulled out the binos and spotted two more toms just inside the woodline. Sweet! This is the spot where my 88 year old Dad shot his bird last year. Just a few weeks later, I brought a young lady out here and she shot a huge tom with her bow. Her first hunt of any kind ever. I am pumped!

Later, I called my Dad to tell him the good news. He proceded to tell me that he just talked to another landowner who's property we hunt. Just the other day, he said he hadn't seen a bird all winter, BUT, just yesterday he saw 20+ in a picked corn field bordering his property, AND, 16 birds in his pasture! This just gets better and better. We're going here tomorrow morning to listen.

Now if only the weather will cooperate. We start Monday.

Sounds promising Don,good luck! Hunter will be hunting the 3rd season. Looks like next weeks forecast is supposed to be a little warmer ... birds seem to be breaking up, haven't seen big flocks like last week.

Another awesome morning of scouting. Two big strutters right where we want to set up for tomorrow morning. Went back later this afternoon to set the blind and saw 17 just over the fenceline on the neighbors property. LOADS of tracks in the area. Pretty excited about tomorrow.

This is about getting my Dad a bird, so I'm gonna carry a gun as long as he's hunting...just in case we have a shot at a double. That would be sweet. After (if) he gets one, I'll probably carry my bow. We'll see how the week plays out.

Good luck to you 57!

Matt, did you get out this weekend?

Don go smack a double with your Dad. Any luck I have left I'm pushing to you boys in the morning.

Don. Hey, good luck to you and your father! I went out tonight and finally seeing some birds on the move. Didnt see much if any after the snow. Discouraging but thats what makes it fun. I really have a good feeling going into tomorrow. Hope it stays half way decent through wed. morning, then I have to head back to home. We got all that ice there and lots of damage to clean up. (nobles county) got it really bad. 57

None for me this morning, but look at these hooks from my Dad's bird. Dang!

P4220295_zps982e7519.jpg

P4220297_zps8775f4fd.jpg

24 1/2 lbs. Those hooks? 1 1/2" OMG, WTG Pop!

Awesome bird! Congrats to you guys! I didn't get out this weekend at all. I had to chaperone prom on Friday night and Saturday morning called for some pretty cold temps, so I felt like sleeping in. Saturday night took the wife out so no go on that evening. Thought about going out yesterday, but it was a cold rainy day, so I spent the day in the shed getting the boat all ready for when the weather finally allows me to get out. Now I sit here in study hall watching it rain, with a chance of 5" of snow. Hopefully we get a nice day this week where I can get an evening hunt in. Keep getting after em guys! 57, nobles county is a mess! I was in Ellsworth the weekend after the storm helping clean up trees at my brothers place and parents place. I think that the county hauled out over 300 loads of branches in 2days.

Great bird Don!

Hope the wife and I have some success this year, we are chasing them with the Bows starting May 7th through the end of the year.

Congrats to your Dad Don! Let's hear the story when you get a chance and good luck on your hunt.

Ah man, this working for a living sure gets in the way of all my fun. A friend just called and said there's 20 birds right near my blind, right now. Maybe if this rain/snow/slop quits before morning I'll get a crack at 'em.

Ah man, this working for a living sure gets in the way of all my fun. A friend just called and said there's 20 birds right near my blind, right now. Maybe if this rain/snow/slop quits before morning I'll get a crack at 'em.

I was right by your shop today but figured you were out hunting. I guess I should have stopped in.

Very nice! Where's his beard, how long? Got to be pretty decent I would think 10" or better.