• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Bracketology for the NCAA tourney

cbrooks

The way it looks to me is that if BU wins SCSU is out. SCSU is a #13. The AHA winner will be lower then them. The brown vs union winner is lower than them and if BU wins they are lower than them as is the wcha winner. That's without the potential of a lower team winning ccha.

OK...makes sense and thanks for the correction on my assertion of a championship game tomorrow for the ECAC. So the CCHA has another championship game?

If you have a smart phone install the college hockey network app it will show you all matchups. The ccha semifinals start today with finals tomorrow. If Michigan or Ohio state wins that OR BU wins I am pretty sure SCSU is out.

The quinnipiac vs Yale game is the third place game. Brown vs union is championship so that conference will have quinnipiac AND either brown or union in the NCAA's.

Yep Brown vs Union is for the auto bid, Union is a bubble team at 14 so if they win it doesn't hurt at much but still hurts because that means Q and U and both in. Notre Dame took care of business.

4-0 Michigan right now, they might just win the CCHA and push another team out.

Well if the Gophers and Sioux can take care of business we get to see that final five matchup that never happened.

wait and see. Might have to drink a little before I go down that road again

Western Michigan fans are livid...I'm on USCHO live blog right now. I guess they finish the year with only three losses. I guess you have to win when it counts is the lesson their. Tough deal

WM is 16 in PWR, they don't even get in with the one auto bid from Atlantic. They also have 11 losses so I don't know what they are complaining about.

Oh really. huh, maybe I misunderstood *shrugs*. Their was more than one, oh well.

IF SCSU didn't get in that would have been bad. I think they have to be one of the best teams this year

So, you have 6 wcha teams playing in 3 regions. Apparently they did not want to take a chance and have 4 in the frozen 4.

So, you have 6 wcha teams playing in 3 regions. Apparently they did not want to take a chance and have 4 in the frozen 4.
oh don't say that. Some on hear would have you believe it isn't a setup.

I called und and mn in same regional. Two yrs in a row.

I guess Makato and St. Cloud weren't worth doing any research or mentioning on TV today, must not be nearly as good as Canisius.

FREE COLLEGE HOCKEY FROM THE OCHO!

ESPN and the NCAA Suck!

Go Sioux!

The NCAA and ESPN sweethearts are in the same regional but no wcha team. Quinnipiac and BC. Its setup so its not possible for 4 wcha teams to make it to the FF.

The NCAA and ESPN sweethearts are in the same regional but no wcha team. Quinnipiac and BC. Its setup so its not possible for 4 wcha teams to make it to the FF.

Gotta love the Eastern bias!!!!

At least Drew Leblanc is leading in the Hobey voting. Vote for Drew!!!

http://www.hobeybakeraward.com/

Thats insane guys if you really believe they did that so the WCHA can't have 4 teams in the FF, serioulsy!

That being said I voted for Drew and hope he wins it! grin

Thats insane guys if you really believe they did that so the WCHA can't have 4 teams in the FF, serioulsy!

That being said I voted for Drew and hope he wins it! grin

Its not hard to believe it when the NCAA has come out and said it themselves. NOW, they just try and put some other reasoning around why they placed the teams where they did to cover up the real reason.

They put UND where they did for "attendance". It wouldnt have made a difference if they put them in a different bracket, attendance by UND fans would have been the same.

If they are really that concerned about attendance as they say they are, have a regional in MN EVERY YEAR!! Regardless of which teams make it, we have enough hockey snobs here to fill an arena past 75% capacity. The rest do not. Pathetic.

Well said Captain. You have a regional bracket in Michigan and no Michigan team. Grant it that is rare but how many tickets were sold before the regions were set? The Michigan teams were out of the running for a while with the only chance to get in was by winning their tourney.

Pier, you might be right but it is awfully funny how it works out that way most years.

We will see what happens next year.

Side note: Lucia gets to coach the Jr team next year. Why? He has the best team in college hockey and can't get them to play every night.

Quote:
Pier, you might be right but it is awfully funny how it works out that way most years

I just find it hard to believe NCAA Bracket makers were all sitting in the Room and the 1st thing discussed was how to F' WCHA and make sure that no way no how is the WCHA going to have 4 out of 4 teams in the Frozen Four. They haven't been affraid of our decades ago dominance in a long long time and it wasn't even discussed I'll bet other than it would have been for any other conference that had 6 teams in the tourney.

Now I do believe and rightfully so they do tweak the tourney for the benifit of drawing attendance and team travel as is the case this year. And by the way this model has benifited the Gophers and Sioux as much as any team/s over the years including this year IMO.

One other thing if you think the Sioux faithful would have traveled to the East coast as well as they will to play the Gophers in Michigan, were going to have to disagree on that too.

Go Gophers, its wide open and I smell some early upsets if you even call them that these days!

Get your Pick'em boards done today too!

This explains everything.

hahaha I see that Brooks already posted it.. pretty funny stuff!

Just be glad we have PWR, there were some teams that got really hosed back in the day.

Not going to get too upset over some bracket shuffling, if you want to win you have to beat the best.

Regional in Grand Rapids, MI or Toledo, OH, travel is about the same and they certainly could have placed UND in either and achieved their "attendance" goals. My point is this, they are not doing it for attendance as they say, that is their excuse for doing what they do.

This whole thing will get a major shakeup next year with the Big Ten, NCHC being added to the mix. There will be far fewer "at large" spots to be had.

Dam you Big Ten. Ruined the best hockey conference and rivalries!