• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Bracketology for the NCAA tourney

cbrooks

Way to many calcualtions in that link. Lets just turn this into the Gophs vs Sioux(or CC) bet your avatar thread. You game brooks?

Come on brooks, I was't affraid to bet it up when you guys were #1 all year and eventually lost to Michigan. Just a simple avatar bet, have to have it up until the NCAA start and post once a day in the hockey forums. If CC wins the bet is off. Come on any other UND or Gophers fan on board?

I should have never started the avatar bets. I believe that was the jinks that cause UND to lose that year. Haven't forgiven myself since.

Yes we gopher fans used black magic to take down the stacked 2010-11 Sioux team. I would put a Sioux logo on this pic but we all know that is hostile and abusive.

voodoo-dolls-large.jpg

I'm going with reverse McNaughton curse. Pick up the Da#* trophy!

Either way it happened, it gave one of my most cherished memories. The Double Hakstol.

Seriously though, Hunwick had some kind of crazy force field over the net that game. It was intense.

I'm still mourning that loss...2 years later. Keep telling myself time heals *sigh*, At least a team from the WCHA got it that year. Great hockey in that tourney

To be honest this isn't one of Hackstal's better teams, probably towards the bottom. The gopher's have under achieve for the talent they have this year. If that comes together...lookout. Not taking anything away from what they accomplish so far.

The gopher's have under achieve for the talent they have this year. If that comes together...lookout.

Hard to say a #2 PWR team and WCHA regular season champ has under acheived but you just did. wink

I kind of get what you are saying, I'm sure they wouldn't mind having a few of those losses and ties back but that regular season stuff is a thing of the past, only thing that matters now is bringing it in the post season.

I was thinking there conference play when I said that but pairwise....they should be #1. I see people arguing that in the other thread. If anyone wants to put anything on the line come playoff time on quinnipiac college against any WCHA team they face...I would be game there smile

Hard to say a #2 PWR team and WCHA regular season champ has under acheived but you just did. wink

Co-Champ* grin

I don't think SC had any air. It was un-familar territory for the Huskies so I think they were just pumped to be in contention for it. They seemed happy to get to at least hold the MacNaughton Cup for a change. As a fan, it was difficult and at times a bit frustrating to watch them lose games down the stretch that I felt they should have won (on paper). But for all the hype I heard about the Gophers this year, I was pretty happy that the Huskies at the end of it were neck and neck with them. Now for me, I just hope they show up in the WCHA Final Five. Also, I was surprised to see them have the #1 seed but play the 2 o'clock game Friday, I mean it makes sense since they did split the WCHA with the Gophers and for revenue the Gophers at 7 o'clock will rake in more cake - I was just curious if a #1 seed has not played the Friday night game before in recent memory?

It has happened before. I cannot recall what year, but I know the Gophers were seeded lower another time and still had the prime time game. Its all about the dough.

What I really hate is the Husky fans that call this "home ice" for the Gophers. Seriously?

If they paid any attention they would realize that there are nearly as many Whioux fans at these games as Gopher fans.

I do have to say its really sad this is the last one. dam you Penn State!!!!

It has happened before. I cannot recall what year, but I know the Gophers were seeded lower another time and still had the prime time game. Its all about the dough.

What I really hate is the Husky fans that call this "home ice" for the Gophers. Seriously?

If they paid any attention they would realize that there are nearly as many Whioux fans at these games as Gopher fans.

Yeah, I don't see it as a home game by any means. All the MN teams have good fan showings at the X, The Souix fans travel well all over MN but especially for the Final Five!

The University of North Dakota _______'s have by far the best traveling fans to the X for F5. Same with the F4 that was there a couple of years ago.

Nice easy drive down 94 for SCSU fans, so they should be pumped up with a decent showing. I'm sure they will have the 3rd highest fan base attending besides the two larger program teams from ND and Minn.

Go Huskies!

A great percentage of UND fans are just driving across town. The twin cities has the largest concentration of UND grads outside the state of North Dakota, the Denver area comes in second. That is a big reason why we travel so well to Minneapolis, its easy

Patrick McGoverns is Sioux central per the alumni emails. Don't expect to see many ________ sweaters in the stands. grin

Hola Pierre! Just found my rabbits foot. Wifey's company has a suite there. $40/seat for the Friday night game. Tax deductable since they donate the $ cool

Here we go.

A great percentage of UND fans are just driving across town. The twin cities has the largest concentration of UND grads outside the state of North Dakota, the Denver area comes in second. That is a big reason why we travel so well to Minneapolis, its easy

This right here, I run into crazy Sioux fans everywhere and know far too many of them. Does make for some fun trash talk.

Some WCHA teams should be scared, someone is going to win an auto bid and bump a team. Unless the gophers make a big comeback here (not going to happen) the WCHA will send another autobid and knock another team off. Michigan also playing well, could get a little crazy this weekend.

Union vs Brown for auto bid, Union on the bubble now at 14.

WI vs CC for an auto bid, WI on the bubble.

Niagra lost today (in the bubble zone) so the Atlantic will send an auto bid team.

BU is leading BC but would have to get by UMass.

CCHA is anyones guess, have to see how the semis play out tomorrow, should paint a better picture.

Total crazyness! Kind of fun when you have a spot locked up, othewise pure he11. Wish they would KRACH this stuff.

It would be a shame if SCSU doesn't make it out of the WCHA. T

I'll post a predictor tomorrow and see where it all sits. Never fun to have your destiny in someone else's hands.

Bear covered the autobids above. here's the percentage for each WCHA team as I see it.

*correct me if their's a error please*

Wisconsin and CC game has more on the line than the Broadmoor. Whoever wins season continues, the other is done.

Denver is in, probably a #3 seed

SCSU is a bubble. They stand a 72.7% chance of making it. I'll see what scenarios that could eliminate them>

Mankato looks to be pretty safe with a 96.1% chance of making it.

UND is in. Looks to be a good chance of being a #2 seed, cool smile

Gophers are in and will be a #1 seed in there region

http://blog.siouxsports.com/2013/03/22/saturday-morning-update/

Taking a quick glance. If your SCSU you don't want any upsets, that will move a team below you up and pushing you out of the top 15(Atlantic conference takes a team remember). Finishing in the top 15 is what the aim is now. Here's the games to watch today for you SCSU fans.

Hockey East championship between Mass-lowell vs Boston U. You want Mass-Lowell in that game.

CCHA conf. is in the semis today. Here's the two games today.

Michigan vs Miami. You want Miami here

Ohio St vs notre Dame. You want Notre Dame here

For the ECAC conf

Yale vs Quinnipiac

Brown vs Union.

best case there is for Quinnipiac or yale to win. Just as long neither brown or Union win it all. Not sure if Union or brown are a lock depending on who wins between each other. Looks like it is. Could be wrong their

Its still confusing. All you want is no upsets to make it easier SCSU fans smile

The quinnipiac vs Yale game is the third place game. Brown vs union is championship so that conference will have quinnipiac AND either brown or union in the NCAA's.