• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• Connect, BE BRAVE - We Share Fishing Reports & Outdoor Information Here

Fishing Report Clubs - Make Your Own "Post Your Thoughts" - Leave YOUR mark, make each place you visit "a little better"!

Join the Minnesota Fishing Report Club, where only club members see detailed info that is shared. CLICK HERE to join.

Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
Moonshine

Greg Jennings

DrJuice1980

The Vikings will be drafting MLB and DT in the 1st now that Jennings is signed...your Patterson dream just left the building when Jennings entered it.

Who's our #2? Simpson? Not a chance. Wright is a slot guy. We need a #2 and you know it, that's why you're putting out the wack pickups of Heyward-Bey and Alexander.

zepman

Why would we sign a #2 WR in the 1st round?

We could go CB too.

-Our starting MLB just signed with the Cardinals...which is a good thing.

-This will be KWills last year...another good thing.

-We just lost Winfield...not so good of a thing, IMO.

That's why...

LABS4ME

Jered deserves a bonus cause we all know it was him that did the sweet talking. ...

They had to bring Allen to dinner, to let Jennings know that no matter how bad things get, the checks never bounced!

DrJuice1980

Why would we sign a #2 WR in the 1st round?

It's extremely rare that a WR will be a #1 their first year. It hardly ever happens. Honestly the only one I can think of that has done that is the Lions and they finally got one worth a dump. Zep, come on, start making some sence again.

BuckSutherland

$18 million guar.

That is like having the best houseboat on rainy lake but no motor to go anywhere. Its an absolute pipe dream to imagine Flounder can get Jennings the ball. He hasnt been able to make a full season in quite a few years. I think he has a great work ethic and attitude, but I just dont see how we get him the ball and how he stays healthy. Terrible move by the Queens.

zepman

Dr. Juice...think about it. Ponder is the QB. We need to invest in DEFENSE hard. We are not going to beat anybody by out-scoring them.

Keep the game close and PRAY at the end.....Ponder hasn't looked at the 2nd or 3rd option since he's been here...where do you think the ball is going to go now that Percy is gone?

creepworm

$18 million guar.

That is like having the best houseboat on rainy lake but no motor to go anywhere. Its an absolute pipe dream to imagine Flounder can get Jennings the ball. He hasnt been able to make a full season in quite a few years. I think he has a great work ethic and attitude, but I just dont see how we get him the ball and how he stays healthy. Terrible move by the Queens.

Alright buck, I usually like hearing your insight but on this you are wrong. With this contract, he has to earn darn near all his money. If he isn't worth a darn, then the vikings cut him after 3 years at a cost of 18 million total, which equates to 6 million a year, which everyone would be happy with. People often look at the total money offered but never look at the guaranteed money, which is what really matters. With this low of a percentage of the total possible money offered as a guarantee, this is a great move.

harvey lee

The Vikes will improve with this deal.

PierBridge

Quote:
What a stupid move. I take back anything good I said about Pukeman. Hope you enjoy the toliet DR pukejuice and Slobs. Donkbridge should be happy too.

Donkbridge? .... grin .....Nice!

LABS4ME

$18 million guar.

Jennings played all 16 games prior to 2011 when he only missed 3 for a minor knee injury. He tore an ab muscle last year forcing surgery and missing 8. That is a pretty durable track record. I wouldn't say he is injury prone.

Jennings is not a burner, so I think ponder can get the ball to him and let him do the rest. Great route runner. Incredible hands. While the Packers have plenty of receivers, this is a loss.

Overall, I think the vikes have done plenty to raise an eyebrow. The NFC north gap is closing, which I do not care to see! laugh

Good luck

Ken

YiGGiN4SLoBS

Wow, couldnt have said it better myself LABS. Strange coming from a packer fan!

Thats not to say the vikes wont go 6-10 this year- but i think the NFC north is gonna be fun!

LABS4ME

I'm a packer fan... But also a realist! I love football and love keeping track of all three NFC north teams... That ought tha get Kleckers goat! laugh

Jim Panfish Uran

Gotta love the move!

Scott K

I am glad we added another weapon to the team, we needed it after trading Harvin. We over paid, and I hope that doesnt come back to bite us, but like said, the guaranteed money is the important part, and Vikings played that part of it smart.

I think with picking up Jennings, it leaves the Vikes to draft best available in the 6 positions of need, for their top 3 picks.

CB

WR

DT

MLB

ILB

QB

They should just look at those positions, and pick the best that is available with their first 3 picks.

Their are still some decent players in FA that can be had cheap, then we will have the next wave of FA to come through.

MUSKY18

The Vikings will be smart to still draft a WR in the first round. Like Jennings said in his press conference. He is here to help the team and teach the younger WR's the in's and out's of the game. What better time to draft a stud college receiver and let him play alongside Jennings for 3 or more years. Thats how you build through the draft! Hopefully Wright will blossom as well and then they could have 3 stud wide outs. Draft a WR and MLB in the first, fill the holes with all the rest of the draft choices and I do believe the Vikings are going to come out better than last year

FISHINGURU

Yaaaaay, we got him!!

Only took a bunch of persuasion and an over paid contract!!

We just signed a solid #2 (for #1 money) but we still need a #1 WR.

Time for some of you guys to see how a real QB (Rodgers) makes a WR (Jennings) better then he really is.

PurpleFloyd
He is here to help the team and teach the younger WR's the in's and out's of the game.
What are the coaches hired for?

YiGGiN4SLoBS

Yaaaaay, we got him!!

Only took a bunch of persuasion and an over paid contract!!

We just signed a solid #2 (for #1 money) but we still need a #1 WR.

Time for some of you guys to see how a real QB (Rodgers) makes a WR (Jennings) better then he really is.

Howd we get him? I thought he didnt want to come here? Thats wierd...

18 mil guaranteed. If he plays 3 of the 5 years thats 6 mil a year. Cut him if he sucks after that. Its a no brainer. Pretty much had to be done. Hardly over-paying for him considering what the vikes had a WR before him, which was a complete embarrassment.

Apparently you think signing another Aromashadu on the cheap was the way to go instead.

FISHINGURU

He didn't want to come here, we had to wine n dine and overpay just like we all knew we had to do to get him here. There was no market for him.

Nothing really wierd about it.

YiGGiN4SLoBS

Yeah OK... Gb offered him more money then the vikes just gave him DURING the season and he turned it down. Wierd. Sure, he over-valued himself with GB and thought there would be a few more teams lookin at him. Worked out for our benefit. Good deal for both sides. U guys can continue to bash the move if you want though.

FISHINGURU

Why is everything so weird to you? If you want to think Jennings landed right where he wanted go ahead.

What's really weird is all these other teams that signed all these other WR's didn't even bother to have Jennings come for a visit. We wined n dined him and overpaid so we were the easy choice.

Any FA on the market would be better then what we had, that isn't an excuse to overpay a guy to get him to play here.

PurpleFloyd

18 mil guaranteed. If he plays 3 of the 5 years thats 6 mil a year. Cut him if he sucks after that. Its a no brainer. Pretty much had to be done. Hardly over-paying for him considering what the vikes had a WR before him, which was a complete embarrassment.

Apparently you think signing another Aromashadu on the cheap was the way to go instead.

Are you just messing with people or do you honestly think that is the way the contracts work? If he plays for 3 years he is going to make much more than 18 Million dollars.The 18 Million dollar guarantee only means that he is going to get that money no matter what. If he comes into this year, sucks and gets cut on Christmas eve he is still getting paid 18 Million dollars. If he plays for 3 he will make closer to 30 Million than 18.

pinkfloyd4ever

I think we got a good and reliable WR, overpaid? maybe, but the way these contracts seem to work they can always be restructured down the road, just don't FUBAR it like Denver did.

Besides in a few years when A-Rog becomes a FA he will have a familiar WR in purple to throw to laugh

YiGGiN4SLoBS

Maybe the vikes should have plugged in a couple rookies and chong and called her good. OR brought back Aeromatherapy and Jenkins? Or just wasted a small amount of money on some chode like Aeromatherapy? If you could provide 1 other option the vikings had that was not going to end up in an disaster of a recieving chorps i would like to hear it. You may have some legs to stand on with your bashing of the move then.

FISHINGURU

Don't confuse him PurpleFloyd. He might actually go do some research and see how contracts work.

YiGGiN4SLoBS

Your right purple, sorry. He will make closer to 30 if he plays 3. Still doesnt change my mind about anything. Had to be done

YiGGiN4SLoBS

Don't confuse him PurpleFloyd. He might actually go do some research and see how contracts work.

Talk about confused- your wondering why we signed a competent wr. Didnt think that was too hard to figure out. Again, what should the vikes have done instead? interested to hear

Greg Jennings on the packers for 47.5 mil over 5, yeah thats probably too much on a team with 3 or 4 other capable wr's.

That much for him on the vikes who have ZERO at the position, sorry, but thats not overpaying.

DrJuice1980

Why is everything so weird to you? If you want to think Jennings landed right where he wanted go ahead.

What's really weird is all these other teams that signed all these other WR's didn't even bother to have Jennings come for a visit. We wined n dined him and overpaid so we were the easy choice.

Any FA on the market would be better then what we had, that isn't an excuse to overpay a guy to get him to play here.

Makes no sence at all. Let me break it down so you can better understand.

1. Free Agency works fast

2. Wallace wanted to be in Miami

3. Welker was a perfect fit for Denver and a Peyton Manning offense

4. The Pats aren't the type to pick up a Jenning like WR, Amendola is just the type they want

5. Brian Hartline's signing was a joke

6. Jennings is a top 10 WR PERIOD, how is he over paid?

Who are all these other WRs you are speaking of? There wasn't much out there. It was Wallace, Jennings and Welker. Welker wouldn't have been a good choice and Wallace wanted to be in So. Florida.

I see you logged in as fishinguru today rather than bucksutherland

FISHINGURU

Ok last post for me about Jennings, it's done and over don't really matter what any of us think about it.

Jennings is a good guy and more then likely won't be a cry baby, he'll be a good veteran with experience. I don't hate the guy I just think we had to overpay to get him here, he pretty much refused an offer from GB thinking he would be highly coveted in FA but it was the exact opposite.

No other teams were willing to pay what we did, all these other guys are getting snatched up yet he just sat there. He would of looked like a tool resigning with the Packers for less money then he just turned down awhile back. Luckily for him the Vikings are desperate and gave him the same type of money.

We'll have to wait and see if we get 10 million a year type play from him as our #1. In my opinion he's a #2 but you know the Vikes they like #3's and #4's as their #1's and #2's so having a #2 as a #1 is a step up.

Again, just because you have NOTHING at the position doesn't mean you should overpay a guy out of desperation. It really is a perfect fit though because both sides were desperate. Hopefully it works out.