• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

New Slot Rules

lindy rig

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• TruthWalleyes

• northender

• pushbutton

• smackem33

Numbers don't lie. Dnr netting survey results support what most are saying about the walleye population and the distribution of their age/size structures.

Then why we having this topic lake is good, enough said if you look everybody can catch plenty of keepers.

I've fished the lake for 20+ years. I should be able to find certain size fish.

It took much longer and a lot more work than I can ever remember to find keepers last year. One of the worst years I can remember since the slot was 14-16"

Looking for perch this past weekend, found two eyes that fit the new slot. Bet they don't come back and see me this summer. cry

full-21244-31487-perch(6).jpg

full-21244-31488-perch(7).jpg

Not possible. Based on the reactions in this thread, there aren't any left. laugh

You think this whole thing is a joke? Mocking people that are concerned?

Carmike, are you (they) also hiding them in their pockets when the dnr do surveys at the landings etc. DNR does base part of their research on what's being caught? But overall majority of people are not getting many keeper fish. If they were we wouldn't be having this conversation....

There are amazingly good fishermen on the lake who can consistently catch keeper fish. I'm not one of them. Obviously there aren't nearly as many of those fish as in years past, but to say that no one is catching them is really to do two things: 1) to say that the people who are catching them don't spend their time posting in online fishing forums and 2) to admit that we're not good enough fishermen to find them consistently.

From Jan 1 to season close i was on mille lacs every weekend except 2, and all of those were 3 or 4 day trips. I ate 1 walleye on the ice. Rest were released. Doing my part

So where does the truth ly?

Dennis Anderson's article in the Startribune today ends the article with the truth you ask for. In his last three words "it's the nets".

I'm just hopeing that the resorts that make a living off the tourists don't suffer from this, as i fish up there at least everyother weekend all summer plus a few MTT tourneys! It will be interesting to see how this all plays out! Was hopeing for maybe a 3 fish limit with one over 26, we get plenty over 26 but not that many over 28, You want a trophy go to LOW! My kids just like catching the fish anyways, but I want them to be able to fish mille lacs long after I'm gone!!

I'm just hopeing that the resorts that make a living off the tourists don't suffer from this, as i fish up there at least everyother weekend all summer plus a few MTT tourneys! It will be interesting to see how this all plays out! Was hopeing for maybe a 3 fish limit with one over 26, we get plenty over 26 but not that many over 28, You want a trophy go to LOW! My kids just like catching the fish anyways, but I want them to be able to fish mille lacs long after I'm gone!!

I wouldnt think the resorts will suffer because of this. Aside from a few people on this thread every other person i spoke with is excited about this and plan on visiting the pond more often. I mean great news with the bass and northern slot right? Yeah only 2 walleye limit but the legal size increased so for those saying everything you caught last year was bigger than 17" i assume you did not go home with 4 fish anyway. Now maybe you can at least get 2 fish? For all you people that think bass doesnt taste great keep on believing. More fish for me then smile

You think this whole thing is a joke? Mocking people that are concerned?

I'll take "People who take stuff on the internet too seriously for $200, Alex."