• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Tightlines Road King Trailer & finished shack photo's.

tightlines

Question

Completed the shack last night. Just have the small things to finish-up now like rattle-reels and things like that. I know a few of you wanted to see photo's of the finished shack, so Paul said he would post them for me. Thanks Paul. I think it turned out great and I am very happy with the Roadking frame. It pulls very nice. Any questions feel free to ask. Anyone thinking of building a shack, go for it.. It is a lot of fun and a good learning experience.. Tightlines..
Specs:
6.5 x 14 Roadking frame
14" tires
Drop tung
two 30lb propane with auto regulator
inch and three quarter insulated floor Marine treated ply
2x2 wall framing
1 1/2" foam insulation
Silverline (Rusco) vinyl thermopane windows
Phillips mobile home door
Luan wood backed paneling(ceiling and walls)
RV dining set/bed--upper fold down bunk
RV 12 volt ceiling lights
RV Floor lighting for fish holes
RV exterior porch light
Empire Direct Vent 15000 btu
Strong panel steel roof
Aluminum siding
Diamond panel rock gaurd
Winegard hideaway TV anttena
Oak cabinets and vanity
Light weight marine boat carpet
Wedgewood 2 burner stove top
Toshiba 13" TV/DVD
JVC AM/FM CD player
Jensen indoor/outdoor speakers
400/800 watt inverter
Dual 12 volt deep-cycle batteries
Stay-n-charge truck hookup.
6 hole with Catchcovers and sleeves
4 rattle reels
Marcum LX3
Marcum OVS 500 camera
Strikemaster 8" lazer mag
105_0570.jpg
105_0571.jpg
105_0572.jpg
105_0573.jpg
105_0574.jpg
105_0575.jpg

[This message has been edited by Paul Waldowski (edited 11-17-2003).]

[This message has been edited by tightlines (edited 11-18-2003).]

Hey Tightlines,
Dam nice rig yea got there. yea did a fine job on him..I have a rig simler to yours and will be heading up to low alot this year to would like to see it in person some time and ill show yea a thing or two i have added since last year.
One thing that i have added that i think will be nice is a bought a littel portibal so i can set it up next to the big house and use it for a bathroom.. With a few guys that i go with...its kinda nice to keep it in a differant location.(if yea know what i mean)lol.

Bring on the ice.
DaveO

Tightlines,
NO pic's yet. Ive kinda taken alot of my house apart because im doing some remodeling and additions to it for the new ice year. Ive come up with a few neet ideas and am installing them in the few weeks we have left till ice.

The house i bought for the out house is one of them Eskimo Traveler's. for a few reasions the biggest reasion is its lite a meere 40# and the second is it still has a sled on it. was allso pretty cheap $140.00 and is fairly easy to set up.

I opted not going with a porta potty for one big reasion...im NOT going to clean it. i bought one of them 5 gal. bucket pottys and use a plastic garbage bag...every one takes care of there own bag...we used this methed last year on low and it worked out pretty good. but last year we had to go behind the truck to use it....it kinda made doing your bussnes kinda tough in the cold winds. is kinda hard to kick out 3 other guys while you do it so thats why we went outside...trust me..never again...lol
ill get some pic's taken when i get more of my house put together again.

DaveO

Tightlines- Drop me a note. I want to know where you got the interior stuff for your awsome shack. I am building one as we speak. I am looking for a dinette set and storage ideas.

[email protected]
Woodman

Wahlberg: I finnaly got around to looking up the model # of the hole lights. They are a JRV model A4019 Most rv stores can order them for you. I paid 7.29 each.

Thanks Dan. It was fun building and you are right on the Roadking frame. Excellent quality...

[Note from Rick: You can see more details about the Road King trailers(frame) and Very high quality Fish Houses by
CLICKING HERE for Road King Fish Houses and Trailers.]

[This message has been edited by Rick (edited 11-24-2003).]

I finley took a few pic's and will get them up here as soon as the wife does what ever she does to pic's.

Its still kinda in the rough though.Im pretty disapointed in the quality of the shack i bought last year. I chose to buy one instead of building it because of lack of time.

Im amazed on how mutch of a peice of crap i bought. For example I used it I think 3 times last year 2 LOW trips and for eelpout.

I took the bearings out just to check them.
THERE FRIED!!!
No grease hardly at all i had to buy all new bearings seals and races and i hardly ever used it. What a pisser that is. and theres more to tell as well but i wont..

How ever on the bright side of things ive added a neet thing..
Yea know how tough it is to find your ice house at nite on low after getting home from adreains????

Well i took a keyless entry that a buddy from work gave me and rewired it to a yellow becon

So now when i cant find the ice house i just hit the button and the yellow lite starts to flash... works pretty well...

Ill post some pics. soon i hope...just bear with some of the mess.....lol

DaveO

Hey Daveo: I was wondering about those bucket potty's you were talking about in your earlier post. Does it come with the seat or is it just a bucket you can take a dump in and line it with a bag? What shack did you buy that was such poor quality? Email me . I know we are not suppose to post manufactors names... [email protected]

Tightlines,
Yes its just a five gal.pail wtih a seat and a lid on it. I bought it at the fleet farm in oakdale for around $10.00 I think.

Im not all to sure how it will hold out in the cold weather but im going to give it a try.

I was at the home depot today and looked at regular seats. If this one dont hold out i think
i may just try to figure out a way to mount one to a bucket.

Seting on just the rim of a five gal bucket works alot better than nothing. yea just dont want to set on there long.

F.Y.I dont skimp on the plasic bag.

E-mail is on the way
DaveO

[Note from Rick: I saw some pretty good portable toilets for around $15.
CLICK HERE to see or buy yours.]

[This message has been edited by Rick (edited 11-24-2003).]

Daveo speaks the truth!!!! Good quality bags are a must. Since I have been known to have a bucket or two around while icefishing, I mounted an old toilet seat onto a bucket lid. I cut away most of the lid, leaving little more than the rim. I used epoxy, and a few counter-sunk screws (YEEE-ouch!! Putty in the screw holes!!) to affix the seat to the lid. Line the bucket with a couple of good quality tall-kitchen bags, snap on the lid, grab the Cabelas catalog, and your in business!

When we rent sleepers, we bring at least one portable. This is obviously used as the privvy. If you drill a few holes for the portable, you don't have to lose any valuable fishing time.

It's almost like being at home...........

my vote goes to the "luggable loo" available at fleet farm for about 10 bucks. its a five gallon bucket with the toilet seat already on it. put some tp and trash bags in a zip lock, throw em in the bucket and your good to go, you can put the seat down and use it for a chair in the portable as well

Paul waldoski posted the pics of my shack for me. I haven't been able to figure out how to post pic's either. Drop Paul a line and he can probably help ya out. He has a post under page 2 of this topic.

So you guys planning to rent hot tubs for them Super Shacks for your New Years bash?

I can hear them "Mack Daddy" pick up lines now at the bar at 12:15 this New Years Eve.

"Hay baby...Ah...Ya Wana check out my Hot Tub in my new fish house...I'll even let ya jig my favorite Chubby Darter?"

LOL!

grin.gif

------------------
Ed "Backwater Eddy" Carlson

Backwater Guiding
"ED on the RED"
[email protected]
><,sUMo,>

Great idea Ed. One problem though. My wife probably won't want to share the hot-tub with another woman. LOL I see that you live in Horace? I have thought about fishing the Red river every winter but never have. You ice fish it a lot?

Yup, them wives, they have odd ideas on what fun is at times. grin.gif I'm a born again single guy...and plan on staying that way.

I seldom fish lakes, most of the time I am on a river, somewhere. Either the Red or one of the others in the region.

Lots of very good ice fishing on rivers once you catch on to the patterns. Early ice is usually some of the hottest action. This winter should be very interesting once we can get on safe ice locally.

------------------
Ed "Backwater Eddy" Carlson

Backwater Guiding
"ED on the RED"
[email protected]
><,sUMo,>

Hey Ed
How long have you lived in Horace?Do you live right in town?My brotherinlaw lived there for a few years 10 years ago.He now lives just outside of Kindred!He worked in autobody but now works for Dakota bumper i think!

------------------
Try Too Fish
Forced Too Work!!:)

Hey Backwater:
Do you set up a permenant on the red river or do you stay pretty mobile with portables. Like I mmentioned earlier, I have often thought about fishing the red. I used to snowmobile on it south of Fargo a lot and only saw maybe two or three permenants out there. I would like to possibly take you up on your service some weekend. What are your rates?

tightlines
um i am buildin a fish hosue on wheels now...and i want to see what urs looks like...but the pic dont come up so...i am wonderin if u would send them to my Email...for me..the outside inside pic..everything...thanks...
send to
[email protected]
label them fish house pic so i dont delete it thanks alot!!

The pic's are down because Paul's web site is temporarily out of service, out of his control. I can't seem to figure out how to post pic,s so Paul did it for me. We will be reposting pic's in a day or two.

Awesome fishhouse. I'm in the process of building my own house 8x16. Just wanted to mention something on the insurance side of things...since that is what I do. Your Homeowners does cover a trailer (which your fishhouse is defined as) however it is usually only up to $1,000. For the best protection, you should insure it under a trailer policy. Cost for a $6000 house is around $60-75 year. My advice is to make sure your homeowners covers above that $1,000 amount...some companies may schedule it for amounts above that. Just my two cents.

Hope my house comes out as nice as yours!!!!

Hey Lipper:
Thanks for the info. I did talk to my agent and it is covered under my homeowners policy as personal property, so it is covered for the replacement value at no extra cost on premium. Take your time on your house and it will turn out great...