• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Fishing for Ducks Results?

RiverChuckNorris

I talked to a guy who fished it and he said there were less than 100 fish registered and almost 4000 people fishing it. Not sure how accurate those numbers are, but he said it was slow

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Builders

My brother said they had 72 fish caught the largest was a pike. He said it was a lot of really small perch for the most part.

Briefly read through the results, and the same dude got 1st and 2nd with a couple 4lb pike. Some pout and more slimers mixed in after that, but after about 10th it was tiny perch. 100 th place for the fishouse didn't even catch a fish.

Does anyone know how they determined who won 73-100? Did they draw names? I left early and didnt think anyone would even be awarded those prizes.

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Builders

They drew names. Is what my brother said and if you did not claim your prize in a time they drew again.

Does anyone know what kind of tube Mike Vogt used to cheat the contest? I'm no math expert but I would say the odds of a person catching the 2 biggest fish out of 4000 people is about 1 in a billion. wink

I don't remember specifically, but they announced the attendance over the PA system during the contest. I want to say it was closer to 3200. Nobody out our group caught a fish, but a fun time was had by all. My buddy's son was given a wood duck house provided by the Garrison DU chapter...a very nice gesture I thought. full-19931-30265-du2013.jpg

I didn't fish it, but what you all have heard is what I've heard as well: 72 fish caught, very slow bite, and a raffle to give away the last 28 prizes.

Plus, if 3000 to 4000 people only caught 72 fish, I don't feel so bad about hardly catching anything at all last weekend. smile