• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

What's wrong with my turn signals?

LaVoi

Question

I have a problem that I know someone knows what is wrong. Ever since I unhooked the boat trailer after my last trip, the turn signals have been acting up. After engaging the turn signal they will blink as normal for about three blinks, then they go crazy blinking very rapidly, sometimes slowing down some but then will blink rapidly once again. Brake lights and tail lights work fine. Fuses all appear to be fine. It is a 91 Ranger. Any help is appreciated -LaVoi

5 answers to this question

It sounds to me that your flasher is bad. This is a plug type resister that plugs in to the fuse panel. Should only be a few dollars. It will be silver metal round or square, kind of like the starter on a florescent light. It will be labeled as a signal flasher. Get a heavy duty flasher if you tow your boat a lot.

Fast blinking in cars usually means the bulb is ready to go bad...you try replacing the bulbs yet?

I would have to agree with your problem being a flasher, and definitely get a heavy duty flasher, They are very cheap and simple to replace.

Weird, I have that problem when I tow my buddies boat. Well, actually its fine when towing, but when I unhook them (trailer and all)then they start to blink fast. I turn off my truck then restart it and they're fine. My boat doesn't do this, only my buddies.

Flasher hmm..