• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

I measured 10-12" in my back yard. should be great for the snowmobilers and skiers and folks that remove snow for a living. It might make things a little messy on the lakes. I pulled my house home before the storm. Kinda glad I did.

Hey paceman, any idea how many inches the recieved in snow south and east. Did they get 5 inches in Fergus Falls?

Thanks for the info.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Your Responses - Share & Have Fun :)

• monstermoose78
      The pups and I put on 10.5 miles today and flushed 3 hens, 2 grouse and I killed a pine tree, 1 rooster flushed wildly 100 yards to left of us. It sure was fun to get out and seeing some birds. We did jump a good number of deer. 
    • JerkinLips
      A couple of Facebook posters on Lake Vermilion Cabin Owners group said that there was still open water in Big Bay Friday Morning.  I am guessing that they may be talking about Oak Narrows.  I'm staying with my original freeze-over date of Thursday, December 1.   Somebody I know who went out fishing from McKinley Park Saturday said that Big Bay was frozen over.  He also said he walked all around the bay and found thicknesses of 1" to 5" of ice, so it is still very questionable.  It should be safe for walking by the middle of next week.   This site will have ice reports for the next week or so.  I will be up the middle of next week and should report on the ice by Thursday night.  The moderator has merged this topic with the Lake Vermilion Fishing Reports topic so I will switch to posting there when I have fishing reports.  Good luck fishing, but be very careful of varying ice conditions.
    • Brianf.
    • SkunkedAgain
      I hope that you weigh under 40lbs
    • travis_td
      Hi there, I am making sure that this is the location that folks will be posting updates for Ice Fishing on Lake Vermilion this winter (2022).  I think so but want to make sure as I plan on trying to get out next weekend, December 8-11.
    • smurfy
      thanks wanderer.......even reports from lakes like leech gives me a pretty good idea of what the lakes i want to fish will be like. lot of past experience helps, and no doubt wheelers will be used soon.    we had a retiree.holiday union party last night. buddy said that his kid was on little Winnie with about 5 inches of ice and there moving all around the lake!!
    • Wanderer
      Leech lake has been 100% capped for about a week, I think.  Before you say that’s not a small, underfished lake, it’s just an example that you could prolly drive wheelers on your kind of lakes by now. 😉   I’ve been seeing a lot of 5-7 inch reports going into the weekend.  Sadly I haven’t cut a hole yet.  Still working on repairs and updates on our houses.
    • leech~~
      Here's some throw back for yea. Lets your candy azzz E-cutter battery do this!  🤣    
    • Tom Sawyer
      Oh I didn't say I don't own several versions of Teslas, just that until this hell frozen over state changes I'll always find a use for the ice diggin' anchor. Will be a great post hole digger in it's next life use too
    • leech~~
      Yep no puzzy Tesla auger for me until they pry it from my dead hands!  😆

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.