• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Boat seats

erikwells

Question

I need three new boat seats as the ones I have right now need to be burned. What do I need to know in terms of the post to start shopping for some new ones as I would imagine the base they plug into on the floor must have different sizes right? Aslo if you have any suggestions from experience on a place to start looking that would also be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Erik

10 answers to this question

i think most will say attwood centric sas are the best $$ well spent (around $330/ea) not including bases or pedestals, i checked em out last year. ended up with cheapo $40 one on that south american jungle river website cause i already had spare pedestal and base to match it. gotta spend lots of time on water to make $400/seat setup worthwhile

Most times you can use your old pedestals and just bolt them to your new seats. I have the Centrics and love them but they are spendy.

Thanks for the responses. I see now, you remove the pedestal from the old seat (burn the old seat) and buy the new seat and bolt them on. I'm sure a $300.00 - $400.00 seat is like a dream on the rear end but with my beer budget it will remain a dream. That's helpful I have never replaced seats before and did not know you just remount. So many smart people on this site, thanks again.

It is expensive, but like Jim says worth it if you spend any time in it. You don't have to get all of them, just the main seat for the owners butt wink That is what we did, and then got another the next year because it was so comfy and easier on the back. We will stick with two, because I don't like my guests enough, haha! wink

Seat is about $265 with free shipping at some online place, and come in several color schemes. Without the "suspension" they are $200. So yep, spendy, and I agree it is all about priorities, so this might not make the cut for some, and that is cool.

It is expensive, but like Jim says worth it if you spend any time in it. You don't have to get all of them, just the main seat for the owners butt wink That is what we did, and then got another the next year because it was so comfy and easier on the back. We will stick with two, because I don't like my guests enough, haha! wink

Seat is about $265 with free shipping at some online place, and come in several color schemes. Without the "suspension" they are $200. So yep, spendy, and I agree it is all about priorities, so this might not make the cut for some, and that is cool.

The originals in my ProV were like sitting on plywood within an hour and you also got a free backache when it was choppy winkgrin

I bought mine at Cabela's. They had all of them displayed so you can sit on each. I ended up getting the little over $100 seats. Granted I have a wee jon boat.

2x for cabela's. 2 years ago bought some seats then happen to be looking a month later notice that they were $20 dollars off. called and asked for a adjustment they did it right over the phone. Ps that was onthe 4th of july. So i got $40 dollars backa nd $dollars in store credit too. they got my business.

Veada Manufacturing has seats very reasonable. You can get a customized Centric for $126 plus shipping.

Anybody have these? Looks like a great option.