• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Sunday Funday..... lol

Well i just got over a battle with strep throat, took me a couple days to shake the cob webs off and hit the ice.... First off, I would like to pay my respects to Jim Hudson, a great guy, a great fisherman who I had a ton of respect for. Rest Easy buddy!!!

I hit the ice at about 6:30 Sunday morning and tried to find a decent break off of a big mid lake flat. The first hole I drilled was like 6 feet of water, a little shallow for my liking. So I popped off a few holes in a line until I found the break, I followed the break down and hit it 16 feet of water! Perfect!!! I drilled along that depth line both ways a few holes and flopped the Scout TC out of the pickup and set up and it was time to relax and have fun. I tell you what, those Firebrite LEDs from the OutdoorProstore are unbelievable at illuminating my shack. It's so nice to not have to fuss with lanterns or head lamps, especially in the morning when you are working on getting set up.

I was marking bluegills, but boy were they finnicky before the sun came up, once is started to get a little hint of daylight out the first one bit, and it was like someone turned a light switch and it was game on until 8:30 or so when I HAD to leave to go get ready for church! Those fish were aggressive, and they were rushing up the water column to meet the jig, it was definitely a mixed bag of fish, some small 6 and 7 inchers, and then BAM, the rod would double over on those 9"+ fish. It was definitely a great time.

I recently picked up a rod that I have fallen in love with so far, it was nothing special or expensive, but its a White Noise 24" UL from 13 Fishing and boy I tell you what, that is a nice rod for $20. It has nice back bone, and it has become my favorite rod! Anyone else try any of their rods? They have spendier ones too that look like they would do the trick!

Ok, after church a buddy and I (bbfenatic) met up and we decided to go try out a couple neighboring lakes for some mid day crappie action, the first one was a bust.. But the second one was pretty good, it took quite a few holes and a lot of searching but we ran into them and if we were willing to set up camp and stay until after dark we would have slaughtered them, but we weren't prepared for the night bite! I caught a few on the good ol Lindy Darter, boy those aggressive fish are fun. But most of my fish fell victim to an OPS flutter jig tipped with a minnow or a minnow head.

So now my brother promised us a hot bite over on a different lake, so we packed up and headed to Lake X, and we did less than stellar grin I think we pulled up 7 crappies or so and learned not to trust my brothers hot advice again, grin !!!!

I've got some pics I'll be posting with this report also, they are still on my camera!

Geez Jim, that looks like a small one for you smile You continually amaze me with all these great catches you've been getting........Keep em coming

He wasn't the biggest one I've caught, but I was amazed how fast he rushed up and nailed that Lindy Darter!!!!

I've got a few more pics I'll add to this thread also!

Geez Jim, that looks like a small one for you smile You continually amaze me with all these great catches you've been getting........Keep em coming

The DairyMan Returns!! Where u been, laying on a beach in Mexico somewhere???? coolcool

PM'd you several times.

are your successes legit with the darter and flutter jig or are you just pitching the product? I'm new to the forum, so no offense, I'm just asking..

My success is pretty legit smile

The truth is, I fish a lot, and I narrow down what works best for me. I tell you what, I haven't fished for crappies with such a large lure until this year and those darters are turning into my favorite search lure for aggressive crappies, and the flutter jig is bulletproof!

are your successes legit with the darter and flutter jig or are you just pitching the product? I'm new to the forum, so no offense, I'm just asking..

That's a fair and reasonable question. The answer is: legit. He's not making it up and staging for product pictures. Jim is like MC Hammer- he's 2 Legit 2 Quit! grinlaugh Seriously, BeenACrappieDay, I'm skeptical of lots and lots of stuff I read and see online, but Jim's the real deal and his pictures aren't fake, staged, or pumping products to make a buck.

I have never meet Jim but i try never to miss any of his posts over the years. You can tell he is first class fisherman.

Sorry....been out of town for a while. I was with Jim last Sunday so I can tell you it is legit and I can also tell you Jim has no affiliation with Lindy or OPS, the flutter jig people; he just is a smart guy who will change tactics, go on the hunt, and find fish. I can also tell you he releases most of the fish he catches and is an excellent steward of the sport.

bb,

Let's not go over the top here. I feel the need to fully disclose regarding Jim- he smells funny, looks worse than he smells, and is a terrible dancer. bb, I'm sure you can confirm all or most of these little tidbits about Jim? winkgrinlaugh

LOL- sorry Jim, it just seemed like you were getting too many complimments here and I felt the need to keep your ego in check. Haha- just giving you a little ribbin', buddy.

BeenACrappieDay, like I said before and like bb said above, Jim's a good fisherman and a good guy. His posts are not only legit, but like was also already said, they are worth paying attention to because they're filled with pictures of nice fish and also some great info.

bb,

Let's not go over the top here. I feel the need to fully disclose regarding Jim- he smells funny, looks worse than he smells, and is a terrible dancer. bb, I'm sure you can confirm all or most of these little tidbits about Jim? winkgrinlaugh

LOL- sorry Jim, it just seemed like you were getting too many complimments here and I felt the need to keep your ego in check. Haha- just giving you a little ribbin', buddy.

BeenACrappieDay, like I said before and like bb said above, Jim's a good fisherman and a good guy. His posts are not only legit, but like was also already said, they are worth paying attention to because they're filled with pictures of nice fish and also some great info.

No Scoot...don't smell him, have no clue what he looks like cuz he's usually head to toe in fishing garb with stocking cap, and never seen him dance....but I will believe you on this! gringrin

LOL!!!

Thanks for the compliments guys!! (I think)......

I just use what works, and I report on it. In most cases my equipment gets narrowed down, and I am not afraid to share what has been getting the fish on the ice for me.

• 4 weeks later...