• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Builders

This will be the third year a bunch of us get-to-gather to fish and meet for lunch on the lake. It's not an overly thought out event with races or feats or great effort. Just a bunch of people getting together to meet and grill some dogs at lunch and have a few cold ones "because pop gets cold on ice" grin I think I heard rumor that that "brat" guy will be there with a few friends and some homemade brats as well.

It's Potluck so bring what you can to share. HQ will be in about the same spot by a white pickup and a Green Saturn Vue with sled trailer on it! Or just smell and look for Brats cooking? grin

full-27051-29438-gstone005.jpg

full-27051-29439-gstone006.jpg

full-27051-29440-gstone007.jpg

full-27051-29441-gstone010.jpg

I was there last year and will be again this year. It was a great time and maybe this year I'll catch a fish on top of it, but if not, I know the food and company will be great!!! Thanks for the post, Leech! Jim

I was on Grindstone last Wedsnday with Archerysniper and Polarispro and we ended up spearing one pike but seen lots of trout. Wish I could make this one sounds like way to much fun.

Have fun and please post a ton of pics.

I was on Grindstone last Wedsnday with Archerysniper and Polarispro and we ended up spearing one pike but seen lots of trout. Wish I could make this one sounds like way to much fun.

Have fun and please post a ton of pics.

Thanks Gordie. Here's a switch for you. I was on Big Watab Sat and seen more Pike then Trout down the hole, but I was Trout fishing. frown I did end the day with one nice one. smile

Have a good time you guys. Wish I could make it but life happens!

Oh come on KG243 we only get to fish with you once a year!! frown

Leech I would love to come but some new things are coming down the pipeline for the job market and I need as much time as possible with the family before it all hits hard and fast! I really want to get up there but it just isnt working out........... yet any ways!

Forget what happened last year, but was unable to make it. I'm gonna try hard this year.
Sounds good DonBo, the more the marrier! smile

Anyone that has never been to this lake but would like to go the GTG next weekend on Feb 9th. Here are the GPS cords to the RED Barn landing.

N 46 07.894'

W 93 00.773'

The Red Barn and boat landing where you can also get on, is off the

W Grindstone Rd down the west side of the lake on the north end.

Hope to see you out there for some fishing and lunch at noon on the lake! smile

It looks like it maybe a pretty warm day for the GTG. Here is the forecast for this Friday night and Sat, for Sandstone MN.

Hope to see you up there. smile

Friday Night

Overcast. Low of 18F with a windchill as low as 9F. Winds from the SSE at 10 to 15 mph.

Saturday

Overcast. Fog early. High of 32F with a windchill as low as 9F. Winds from the SSW at 5 to 15 mph.

3 days to go until the GTG. If you have no plans for this Sat and have never fished the lake give it a try or just swing by for lunch on the ice. Read back on post to see where HQ will be setup. Bring something to share if you can or just drop in and chat.

I may even give up one of my Laker spots on the lake! frowngrin

It's not going to be anywhere near big as the Burntside bash but if you can't make it up there for that one stop in and say hi at this one! smile

leech, you're going to have a grill going? If so, I'll probably bring up some vennie steaks. Maybe some brownies? smile

I have been intrigued by this lake for quite some time, but haven't fished it yet. This sounds like a good opportunity to get an idea of how to best fish this unique lake.

I am going to do my best to get up there on Saturday and see if I can learn a thing or two!

leech, you're going to have a grill going? If so, I'll probably bring up some vennie steaks. Maybe some brownies? smile
Not sure you will need any steaks as the plan is to have a ton of home made smoked brats. But I can bring one if some people would rather have grilled brats then boiled? wink

Okay, just the brownies then. No one ever turned down a brownie, right?
Nope need those extra calories for energy to stay warm in the winter! grin

I have been intrigued by this lake for quite some time, but haven't fished it yet. This sounds like a good opportunity to get an idea of how to best fish this unique lake.

I am going to do my best to get up there on Saturday and see if I can learn a thing or two!

Nowthenjoe hope you can make! smile

Sorry, doesn't really say. GTG will be near the red barn landing? Noon?
Opps, read the 10th post down. I guess I didn't put that on the first one.

It will be out to the right of the Red Barn Landing at Noon. See 10th post down from top one! There are GPS cords to the Landing if you have never been here. smile

The weathers going to be around 30 so it should be pretty nice out. Dress for it! wink

full-27051-29893-imagescaax23ss.jpg

full-27051-29894-imagescabcv29n.jpg

And don't for get your Auger and Flasher! wink

full-27051-29895-images.jpg

full-27051-29897-images.jpg

Here's what I'm driving. Stop and say hi if you like. We're coming early to try to catch some trout.

6134d79e-b8c8-4957-8cff-7d23e01ff005_zps

I have an HSO hat to give away for the largest trout brought to the GTG lunch.

Looks like it's going to be a nice day, see you all there!

My plan for the day is to start fishing Rainbows in the morning and Lakers after lunch. I will be there from sun up until sun down riding this around the lake if you see me running around. Honk! grin

full-27051-29901-full_27051_13184_pictur

Sure if you like moving around a lot! You can be the hole driller! grin

Sure if you like moving around a lot! You can be the hole driller! grin

Done! See you bright and early.

Leech...Is that you with the ax? Hopefully you won't be running around like that!!!

No, I'm the one with the Jager! grin

If I am able to make it out there tomorrow, what are your recommendations for a good starting place? I have never fished trout through the ice before, but from what I have heard, they move shallower to feed in the winter.

I plan on bringing some waxies, suckers and crappie minnows. Are tip-ups a good idea? How about for tackle? Spoons and Jigging Raps?

If I can get out there, I will be in an old red Ford F-150 and a Shappell Hub Style house.

Thanks,

Joe