• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Shallow - night/ deep - day at Arnesen's??

Hi everyone

I am curious how the bite has been at Arnesen's in the sleeper houses? Also, I have stayed in those houses with a group in the past. Our experience is that the fish shut off at dark.

Is there a deep/ shallow package at this resort? Does it cost much more?

Also, is there any value in bringing a portable and venturing to shallow water when night falls to catch some of these fish?

Please weigh in. I'd love to learn more.

They don't have a package and my 2 cents is it isn't worth the effort. The late afternoon and evening bite can be real good out deep so no sense trying harder than you have to. After dark, it is possible to catch a fish, pout especially. But I think I'd have ALMOST as good a chance catching a walleye after dark from my barstool in the lodge as someone actually fishing. Good luck.

Well You stay on your barstool and I will catch 26" walleyes at 9:00pm. Happened Sat. and fri and usually get some eyes after dark....not jumping in the house but get a few each nite and my house is right next to their sleeper houses.