• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

There are decent fish in both but like JW said they are tough to find. Spring as the water warms has always produced the best for me when the crappies are schooled up and in the shallows. After that they spread out across the lake and can be tough to find. There are a few pretty decent muskies in big comfort and even some decent walleyes to be had, but it takes some searching and experimenting to get them to hit.

Tunrevir~

I've heard about the occasional muskie from someone else, but have never actually seen one from Big Comfort. Do you have any first hand knowledge of a muskie coming from this lake?

Thanks

J Wells has it right. Maybe that is why the parking lot is always empty. Closest lake to my house. Fish it lots in summer when I only have an hour or 2. Every now and then get suprised by a walleye.Few and far between for me. Sons had a perm out there all winter a few years back and got nothing but small perch and a few snakes. 20 years ago used to be able to get at least 2 keeper walleyes on flags but not in the last 10 years. Have never seen or heard of any muskies come out of there. Still like it cause it is quiet and close to home. Not jet ski,water ski central like other area lakes. Lived here 24 years and never been on little Comfort. No boat access there. Did catch a 12 inch white crappie last year trolling 4 eyes. Never knew whites were in there. Son caught a smallmouth too. Saw it with my own eyes.

I have caught a muskie out of there while chasing flags for pike but that was ten years or more ago. I didn't think there were any in there either but then again no one thought there were any sturgeon in there either untill one washed up on the beach back in the late 80's.

Tunrevir~

really deep with some sharp drops man you think the fish would be there, is the water really clear or something? Kind of disapointed to hear that. It does explain why you dont see more houses on it in the winter time

I think that possibly the fact that it is one of the headwaters of the Sunrise river that there must be a masssive forage base. I have tried numerous times to fish Big Comfort. One time I thought I had a HUGE muskie on, saw a massive red tail sweep the surface. Turned out to be the biggest carp I have ever caught, probably a 25 pounder or so. f'n thing hit so hard that my line sliced my finger right to the bone (I was lindy rigging for walleyes with a leech). I can count on both hands how many fish I have caught out there, and I have been out there more than a couple dozen times. I keep thinking that SOMEDAY I will get into something out there, but it never pans out.

I've gotten into some nice walleyes off of the point on the west side in the winter. I've also pulled some cranks on the sand on the east side for decent fish in the summer.

Water is quite stained, or very stained. For some reason I couldn't catch anything in the lake. But didn't want to put in any more time, since I couldn't mark much fish at all.

I fished it a couple times in the summer looking for carp on a fly rod. There are plenty in there. I've caught 1 walleye off a hump in the south end in the winter. Other than that, lots of dink sunnies and crappies. I've seen one decent crappie come out of that lake, not much else though.