• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Clearwater Lake Report

Hey gang, curious how things are out on Clearwater. looking to put some time in out there, wondering what's biting.

Hey crappieday welcome to the forum. I havent been out there for around a week since the cold blew in but maybe get back out tomorrow. Hopefully some fish will cooperate. Will find some older reports in some threads towards the bottom.

I have a house on Clearwater. For me it has been slow. Marking lots of fish, just not catching alot. A couple walleyes, couple crappies here & there. Going to try Saturday afternoon again. Maybe this warm front will change things.

Hey crappieday welcome to the forum. I havent been out there for around a week since the cold blew in but maybe get back out tomorrow. Hopefully some fish will cooperate. Will find some older reports in some threads towards the bottom.

thanks a lot, happy to find this place. I'm working my way back into ice fishing after about a 15 years away. can't wait to try out my new hub, trying to pick the right lake.

• 2 weeks later...

any recent reports? I have heard that there are alot of springs out on this lake, are there know spots one should stay away from with the truck and wheelhouse?

If you follow the road from the bait shop you should be ok. The narrows where it goes from West Clearwater to East Clearwater usually gets a few vehicles every year. Stay away from the reeds too I guess. I was out on Saturday, maked a lot of fish in about 14 FOW. Couldnt get them to bite, only managed one sunnie but it was a 9"er.

Truck and wheelhouse? I'd be careful with that combo on that lake. It's not springs that will get you but currents. Clearwater is a body of slowly moving water with a river running through it. I grew up there and saw many a car and truck pulled out of the drink.

That said, if you are careful and stay away from points, narrows, bullrushes, etc., you may be OK. I would check with BJ's bait before going out for any spots to avoid. Wahatever you do, do not try and cross to the east basin.

i've fished the lake many times over he years. and always go out of BJ's have never ventured past the island, used to set up in that 30'holle in fron of were that creek comes out near the public landing.

When I was a kid we used o do well fishing for sunnies and crappies. I have been up on Mille Lacs last 3 weekends and looking to put some fish in a fryer. Sunnies Crappies Walleye even pike I am up for a fish dinner in a bad way.

But this will be the first time i will take a wheel house out on Clearwater.

Yeah if you arent trying to get to some remote spot you should be ok. I drove my truck past the island and a buddy pulled his 8X14 with his truck past the island last weekend. And there were a handfull of houses over there as well. The road from BJ's goes right over that south point. We used the public landing, but finding it on the way back in the dark is tricky you dont want to be too far south and drive into the creek. A buddy of mine has a house close to the spot you are talking about. It's that first red and white house as you come off the public landing. I had the same problem there as last weekend, marked a bunch but they wouldnt bite. Seems to be a problem for me out there.