• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

February Fly Swap - Carp Flies

ted4887

I heard there used to be an access there. Maybe it's old remnants of that...or maybe someone decided they didn't want it anymore so they hucked it into the water. Seems to be a recurring theme in there sick

As for the GP, I'll chalk that up the blind squirrel syndrome for me. After all the goofy flies I tried to get carp to eat, I was bound to figure one out! laugh

Ha, yep. That's kind of what happened to me too. I was trying this and that, then you handed me those two garbage piles on the paddle and later that week I hooked one.

I have started to think it really is 'keep it simple stupid' with carp. Ambiguously buggy with something that can stir up the bottom when stripped.

If there was an access there before, that would explain some of the signs along the trail I walk to get around there when shorefishing... Interesting.

anyone page through the new CarpPro ezine yet?... Ton of patterns in there from carp anglers all over the place... JPL and Justin Watkins are both in there... Reppin' Minnesota

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys, just wanted to update this and let you know that the flies will go out in the mail by Friday or Saturday. I'm out of town for the next few days, but will get them out ASAP. Sorry for the delay.

I'm gettin a little antsy here... laugh

I know I said I would throw up a post about how to tie a Garbage Pile, but I'm limited to a cell phone camera only right now. Ex wife got the DSLR mad I might have to borrow the work one...if I can get my hands on it without anyone noticing.

Word to the wise, don't ever get married. You'll just lose your DSLR.

Pictures from the swap.

1. Itchmesir

P3210054_zpsa2785b97.jpg

2. OnAFly

P3210053_zps6f340a04.jpg

3. Gooty

P3210046_zps4d878498.jpg

4. Ic3wind

P3210038_zpsde70417d.jpg

5. Slabasaurus

P3210037_zps54962ff7.jpg

P3210048_zps75c2f572.jpg

6. Wabamskee (I apologize. I managled his fly in the process of sorting them out. This picture doesn't do his flies justice.

P3210035_zpsa51d5f84.jpg

7. ted4887

P3210069_zpsf240654e.jpg

Just got my flies today. What an awesome carping selection. I can't wait to try them out and tie a few of my own grin