• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Shaky and Doc's Live Reports

moose099

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• shaky legs2

• bturck

• traveler

• moose099

smile Keep pulling them in boys. In the past my goto setup for the deadstick was a plain Gold #10 Kahle hook, with a fathead hooked under the dorsal fin from head to tail just under the skin. The minnow did not die as fast and could pretty much swim naturaly. But then I was introduced to the Phelps blood stripe Demon and that has become my combination of choice with the fathead hooked the same way. Both setups work very good, but the blood stripe will outproduce. You guys have a great day!! Keep us filled in on all the action. Later.

Breakfast and bloodies. grin Doc's boys coming to the 6 man

crazy We hook the minnow through the bung hole and out the side. They stay alive forever.

Ouch. Thats probably because theyre swimming around like crazy, just beggging some walleye to put them out of their misery. LOL

That picture of the old guy plowing made me laugh so hard I spit coffee all over my keyboard.

JC I think that picture is of shaky back during the crappie days before Kelly had that big plow. Long way to the crappie hole from shore.

Doc... "Shakey get out and help plow the road"

Shakey... "done"

Doc... "Walleye limit has been reached"

Shakey... "Yep"

Doc... "crappies slowed down"

Shakey... yep...

Doc... "been a few years since we caught those..."

Shakey... "yep"

Doc... "Still room in the bucket..."

Shakey... " I got a plan..."

full-357-29390-eskimo.jpg

grin

Just remember to keep your bail open Shakey! Poor seals don't stand a chance!

Good Luck!

Ken

Fishing has slowed considerable since the front came through. Scott Z

And the boys. Stopped in. They are set up in the DMZ SW of us.

Whooopeeee! I'm on the crappie board. 14 1/2"

Also released a 10 " crappie. Doc, put it in the bucket. grin

Way to go guys, you have no idea how much I wish we were up there too!! Headed south tomorrow for a b-ball tourney. Trying to get back up for a night in Feb before eye's close.

Keep on Keepin on!!!!! grin

Chris and Dylan

you the man shaky. has it been a good afternoon? by the way throw a marker when you leave so Kelly can slide me close to you again..... smile

Leave a few guys.

Heading up in the morning.

Staying until Monday afternoon.

First time back in close to 6 years.

Looking forward to a great trip.

Looks like the weather is supposed to be decent.

We have been done keeping for quite awhile. Doc is on a fools mission

Long story. Iguess 40 or so. Targeting crappies. I just got another 14". I love it. gringrin

Doc's crappie looks kind of curled up and dried out. I suppose that happens when you keep them in the freezer for 5 years. grin

Quote:
We have been done keeping for quite awhile.

Good thing too because every time I look across the lake another CO is parked at your house. You either look very suspicious or in need of help. Or,,,,,,,maybe the CO's are having a contest to see which one can check you when you are sitting on the Throne the most. blushgrin

Shaky goes on the power play, Doc goes to the penalty box 2 minutes for interference.

We have paid our dues. It's nice to catch a few crappies again. We are impressed with. The. different year classes and. Have relleased some. Small er ones. After. feeding Freddie milk bones for 5 years he is finally paying off. grin

You guys are one of a kind, glad you are having so much fun. Sounds like a fantastic trip. Looking forward to tomorrows report. When are you heading home? I remember when Kelly got Fred. Fred would follow Kelly wherever he went. Now five years later Kelly is following Fred. Who really is running the show confusedwink I know, Patsy!!

This will probably be the last report as we are leaving this morning. FullMoon last night. But couldn't stay up. Two deadsticks down for crappies. Thanks Kip for starting this. grin

Dang it... I guess we wave to each other as we pass on the highway!

Maybe next time....

Good luck!

Ken

How long are you staying up labs? I knew I'd miss the "doc n' shaky show" but looks like we might be up together. I'll be fishing sun. morning - monday night, hoping to carry on the crappie onslaught:)

Great reports guys, have to run into you one of these years!

Traveler,

We will be up till tomorrow afternoon. Quick trip to launch the house. Back next week and pres. Day.

Hope to catch up with you!

Good luck!

Ken

Have a safe trip home. Thanks for all the updates, fun, joking and fishing tips, but I really think you should consider hooking your minnows differently, man that has to hurt!! Think about what you are doing to those little guys cry.

Later boys, hope to see you on your next trip up.

Bloodies and breakfast. Final tally is 6 crappies and counting. grin We have had a lot of fun and thanks Kip for starting this thread? cry The. Wind has shifted to t he south sp I am guessing you guys will hit it just right. Doc caught a Walter this morning that coughed up 4 minnow. Heads. It pays to chum. grin