• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Metro tip up ideas.

chucknasty

Hello,

A few buddies and myself are looking to get in to some northerns in the metro area with tip ups. Does anyone have any lake suggestions? And where on the lake?

Thanks!

Big Marine Lake. Pretty much the entire weedline of the lake. I've never caught one on a tip up, but I hear getting a bass is fairly common too.

Go to any of the big lakes in the metro and either set up over weeds or up against a weedline... as long as the weeds are adjacent to deep water its only a matter of time before you get your first flag.

Musky is closed in winter. But you could target pike in exactly the same way and have just as good a chance at catching a tiger, you just have to put it back.