• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Ice fishing boots?

Question

13 answers to this question

I love my icekings, I always bought the cheaper boots and froze my feet, 10 years ago I decided to go all out and spend some money and bought the Lacross Icekings (still wear them today), and haven't a had cold feet since. They aren't the most waterproof boots, but then again when I have them on there isn't much water around. I think Lacross is the way to go for boots.

Another vote for LaCrosse Ice Kings. Hunting, Icefishing or shoveling the driveway, always dependable, always warm, always dry...exactly what I am looking for. I bought mine from Dunhams in the spring of the year for about $75. I have had them for about 3 years and they have never disappointed.

Take care,

SUNNYD

Them good ole mickey mouse boots that you can get at most likely any military surplus store. They are by FAR the best boots I have had yet. And if your feet get cold (barely ever happens) just dump some hot water in the boot and dump it out and dry it with a towel and there ya go, a warm boot again. Thats what I like the most about them.

They are 100% water proof. They cost around $100 and they accept trade-in of a old pair. I have had these for about 5 years now.

I use them mainly for snowmobiling and ice fishing. While ice fishing I have had my whole boot frozen on the outside with ice and on the inside my feet are sweating. Now that is some darn good insulation!

You can use them for other things too, like hunting or 4-wheeling. If you wanted to you could wear these boot all year around! In the summer your feet don't get overly hot either. But I normally only use these boots mainly for walking in mud in the summer b/c I don't really like wearing boots in the summer anyways.

Overall, these boots are the way to go!

------------------
Fish ON!

[This message has been edited by PikeEye (edited 09-27-2003).]

Ice Kings for me. Have a pair I got over 8 years ago and they still work great. I bought a new pair at G.M. last year for $45 I think . Little bulky but your feets wont get cold. I melt Snoe Seal on them once a year and the snow just falls off. Dry the liners every day and you will have no worrys.
A friend bought the Rocky Ice Fishing Packs with the fold down cleats and he likes them too.

I am with Pike Eye.I bought a pair of mickey mouse boots last year and have been loving them.Not too hot and never too cold.

I'll stand behind my Ice Kings (Lacross). Your feet will not get cold in these boots.

They are pretty bulky, but very light for thier size so one can still maneuver comfortably. The only downfall I have found to them is its nearly impossible to drive some vehicles with them (I have size 13 feet).

I have friends that use military pack boots .. but I can remember too many occasions where thier feet got wet and cold, which ended the fishing trip each time.

I have to second Dave's opinion on the Ice Kings being VERY large. I have a pair, also 13's and I really like them, but I haven't found creepers or chains that fit on them. In Escanaba we don't usually have snow on the ice until late January, so the Kings stay on the shelf until then. Last year I put about 2 dozen sheet metal screws into the bottom of my packs and it worked like a charm for the glare ice!

------------------
Wables

I found rubber pull over cleats at Wal-Mart for my size 15 Ice Kings. Like 6 bucks.

Size 15 must be a pain to look for sometimes. I got size 13 in my army reserve boots and they are huge. I cant imagine what a 15 looks like.

Instead of getting some cleats. Because the good kinds in my size are so scarce. I just screwed some sheet metal screws into my boots and that was the best traction on glare ice I could of had!

------------------
Fish ON!

Ya I dont fall into too many holes! They get heavy. I could have got into a 14 but the extra room keeps air moving and warmth in. Tire chains, good idea! He He!