• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Wild!!!

OnAFly

Ugly 3rd but a win is a win. Cullen actually looked a little better out there, before that he has been terrible. Granlund is creating chances but just kind of looks overwhelmed out there at times, skills are there but physically can't hack it. The Brodin/Suter combo looked good, they will be tested tonight.

Have a feeling Harding will stand on his head tonight a we squeek out a win.

• Replies 862
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bear55

• OnAFly

• 10,000 Casts

• schmitty3

Man, Brodin amazes me. He made a couple plays last night a 19 year old kid in his 3rd game has no freaking business making. Didn't look out of place at all in the top pair.

Suter looked a lot more comfortable too. 1st couple periods you could see him making some of the kinds of plays that got him the contract he has. He'll only get better as the system becomes natural.

Interesting to note his old partner is struggling worse than he is. This is from "The Tennesean" - 'With 0 points in six games, and his team having lost three straight, it's hard to imagine that [Weber] is feeling good vibes. According to Nashville coach Barry Trotz, the two-time Norris Trophy finalist is somewhat bothered by his recent lack of point production. "I think Webs is a little bit frustrated," Trotz said. "He wants to do so well. It's not that he's doing a lot of bad things, but I think there's a little bit of a level of frustration in his game right now that holds him back a little bit." Weber is in the process of trying to learn to play with a new defense partner in Roman Josi.' Like my friend from Nashville said after the Suter deal went through - question isn't about Suter without Weber, it's about Weber without Suter... Seems he might have been right at least early on.

Cullen looked a lot better last night finally, but man Granlund is struggling. Skilled or not that line is awfully small. Showed again last night. Wonder if they send him down for a bigger body? Or would that mess with the kid's head too much? Still early, but with the schedule how much time do you give the kid to figure it out?

I honestly don't know what to think about tonight. Know for sure if they start marching to the box to start the 3rd again tonight, it's lights out. Chicago will eat them alive.

Cannot believe how ineffective the "effective" players from early season last year are like; Cullen, Clutterbuck, Brodziak, Seto, etc. They all look horrible! They must have been out of their heads early on last year or they have really lost it over a 1 yr time frame.

Bring up some of the hopefuls from Houston and give them a chance to show their stuff....even some lesser skilled players who are bigger bodied.....we look so small and other than Parise not too many guys toughing it out in front of the net. We'll see tonight how they stack up...a great opponent with home ice advantage...if they have it they should be able to hang in there...if Chicago wins by more than 2 then time to shuffle some lines or bring some guys up and send some down IMO.

I'd like to see them pair up Granlund with a bigger forward like Coyle. If the 2nd and 3rd lines don't start producing I wouldn't be shocked to Zucker and/or Coyle get a few games in.

If the wild can hang with Chi tonight, I'd say there good to go. They need to start Kassian and let him handle Bollig at center ice early and get the team pumped.

anyone know if Carcillo is back?

Both goals tonight by the 2\3 lines so far. What the heck happened with Harding? Makes you wonder about the whole ms thing. I feel bad for the guy. He's got to be thinking that about every mistake he makes.

Now that was an exciting game! And what about Cullen now? He played another great game, and finally got one to go, plus the game winner in the shootout.

Backstrom was amazing too.

Also Brodin is unbelievable for being just 19. He is going to be on hell of a hockey player... well he already is.

Very Happy for Cullen!! The whole team looked pretty dang good tonight!! Cannot believe how fast the blackhawks are though!!! This could be a jump start win for the rest of the season!

This team does need to find some other line scoring in order to win. Maybe if I rip on Seto and Brodziak they will start scoring as well?!?! Okay Setoguchi and Brodziak, you guys suck until you start scoring some goals!!!

Harding gave up a couple of posts and that second goal was weak, no defensive coverage on the first one however. I'm more worried about the MS thing getting in his head mentally. My understanding is it shouldn't really effect him too much at least for a couple of years but goalie is a very mental position. If you get out of "the zone" it can be tough to get back into it!

Quote:
This team does need to find some other line scoring in order to win. Maybe if I rip on Seto and Brodziak they will start scoring as well?!?! Okay Setoguchi and Brodziak, you guys suck until you start scoring some goals!!!

worth a shot lol. If one of those lines starts to click, this team will go on a nice long run. With Cullen, all 3 of those guys make $3m-$3.5m. If they are still like this mid season (hope not), trade 2 of them, bring up the young guys and spend that $6.5m on a super star D next season to put with Suter. A couple guys mentioned it above and I like it.

On the bright side, I think they'll start to produce and we just beat the best team in the league. No need to panic yet. Just hop on Parise's shoulders and he'll get us to where we need to go.

I had to buy the crossbar a beer after the nice rejection of Sharp in the shootout. Crossbar was really in the zone!

Great game tonight, Backstrom looked really good, so did our 2nd and 3rd lines. Good thing too, our big lines looked a little gassed by the end of the 3rd, they have played a lot of minutes the past 3 games/4 nights.

Suter/Brodin pairing looks really good, Suter played much better since they put them together. Brodin looks like a 10 year vet out there, just amazing. Sorry Spurgy I think you are going to have to drop back. Gilbert has been playing great too.

Granlund dispite numerous gaffs during the game looked much better out there tonight, seemed have a little more hustle and speed last night. It might take him a little time to get use to the speed of the NHL but I think he will slowly start putting it together.

Glad Cullen had a nice game, if he can keep this up I won't have much reason to bash him anymore. wink

Entertaining game last night. Made me realize how much different this team is from last year's. Last season, we lose that game 4-2. Good players playing at an average level are still better than average players playing at an average level. Top line did look gassed late in the game - Heately especially - and can't say that's really criticism. The play a lot of minutes and with a back to back... Fortunately our other lines were able to hold the fort. Thought the 4th line was very good last night even.

Granlund - thought he was better last night, and Yeo must have too to let him on the ice in OT after basically benching him in the 3rd period the game before. But man...how do you say "pine tar" in Finnish? Kid dropped his stick about 4 times.

Someone up above said we need to spend $ on a stud defenseman... Man, we have one in the making in Brodin. He made some very very nifty plays against the Hawks' top guys last night, especially late in the game. Consider the rule of thumb that D men take longer to develop than forwards, and here we have a 19 year old rookie playing on the top pair on a good team and looking like he belongs there... This could be one special, special player. You always hear that guys should never lose their spot due to injury, but based on the last couple games, how do you break up Brodin/Suter when Spurgeon comes back, and Gilbert/Stoner looks like a good pair too. Who sits? Falk? Scandella? Gotta say Falk...

It's safe to say our fans are back and about as passionate as they come... how about we give it more then 6 games before we start trading players and demanding line changes?

Carry on and good stuff as always.. grin

It's safe to say our fans are back and about as passionate as they come... how about we give it more then 6 games before we start trading players and demanding line changes?

Carry on and good stuff as always.. grin

6 games...that's 12.5% of the season...no time to waste...that's why you have Houston...don't be afraid to pull the hook on anyone.....just like he did on Harding last night...great decision. Play well or I'll find someone who can.....they'll play better/harder if they know they are on a short leash.

No kidding. That took a pair by Yeo. Very few coaches in the NHL would make that move.

I read Harding didn't get any pregame skate time and little practice recently. Anyone know why this was? I know they have had little practice time in general, but was there some sort of equipment problem before the game which didn't allow him to take any shots?

Even I wanted him pulled after the 2nd goal... you could just see he wasn't into it.

I guess I should just be happy he we didn't trade Cullen as was mentioned in the game 2 "2.4 percent" recap.

Game winning goals are pretty important 12.5 percent into the season... grin

And it was nice to see the 2nd and 3rd lines play good 2 nites in a row.

Go Wild~

You want another stud Dman? The Wild had Leddy. Wouldn't he look nice right now instead of Ma Barker? Oh wait we don't have him anymore.

Leddy was the one bad move Fletcher has made. At least he and his team have restocked the minor league affiliate which was almost completely void of NHL talent.

You want another stud Dman? The Wild had Leddy. Wouldn't he look nice right now instead of Ma Barker? Oh wait we don't have him anymore.

Time to get over Leddy, it happened so lets all move on. I think it has also been reported that Leopold wanted to win when he got here and put some pressure on the GM to make a move, I'm sure they both regret the move big time. Now the question you have to ask yourself is would you rather have Fletcher or Risebrough?

Time to get over Leddy, it happened so lets all move on. I think it has also been reported that Leopold wanted to win when he got here and put some pressure on the GM to make a move, I'm sure they both regret the move big time. Now the question you have to ask yourself is would you rather have Fletcher or Risebrough?

That was one of the worst games I've seen the Wild play in a long time.

Yep, can't believe I stayed up to watch that garbage. Would have been 7 or 8 to one if it wasn't for Backstrom.

Coyle is being called up and sounds like he will be on the 2nd line with Grandlund and Cullen. Sounds like Seto to the checking line and either Powe or Spurgeon out for Monday. It sounds like they realize they need some size. Very exciting, I hope Coyle catches on quick like Brodin.

One thing about Cullen is that it sounds like he wasn't comfortable playing Wing. You think that's why he struggled early? This may be a reason to send Granlund down if he doesn't pick it up.

The puzzle keeps getting bigger.