• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Wild!!!

OnAFly

It's a new season, players earn there payroll, and a lot of shizz happens in a best 7. The wild can take Chicago to 7 games if there looking to throw around the body and muck er up.

• Replies 862
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bear55

• OnAFly

• 10,000 Casts

• schmitty3

They did it! Playoff hockey in MN! I got a feeling they are going to shock the hawks in 6 games

They couldn't get themselves ready to play the Oilers with the playoffs on the line...I don't know how they can get ready to play Chicago. Play the young guys a lot, give them a taste of playoff hockey.

Squeaking in to the 8 seed is well below the talent level of this team. Everything else fell into place for them...all they had to do was beat a not-very-good Oiler team, and they would be the #6 seed playing Vancouver. But again, if you can't get yourself up to play a bad Oiler team with the playoffs on the line, I don't know how you can expect to handle playoff-intensity hockey.

They are going to be owned by the Blackhawks. I hope the Wild win a game...just avoid the sweep, please...

I enjoy being the underdog. No pressure, if you lose, oh well you were suppose to. If you win you build confidence and the other teams may have some doubt. Playoff hockey is about solid goaltending, bounces that go your way, and extra effort. I hope Chicago was in coast mode. Those that have played or coached hockey know that you can't just turn it off and turn it back on when you want. Go Wild!!

I thought is was so apropos when during the Post Game interview they asked Yeo what his emotions were the last 10 min of the game and he said "Pure Panick"....then corrected himself; but I think his initial reaction was closer to the truth. Hopefully making the playoffs and moving to the next level will give him more confidence as a coach and give him the experience he needs to be successful at this level....at this point he seems like he is in way over his head and thankfully he has the players to carry the team as he has no idea how to "coach" a team to success IMO. Brunette is waiting for Fletch to make the change.......soon.

I stand corrected!

It sounds like Yeo was going to be fired if we didn't make the play-offs and still may be on the hot-seat!

No wonder coaches in all sports don't buy homes and choose to rent these days!

Quote:
Brunette is waiting for Fletch to make the change.......soon.

You think Brunette would be better than Yeo? Brunette needs to be an assistant for a few years like Sydor if he wants to coach imo. Remember that Yeo helped win Pit a cup and he won a Championship with Houston. Don't give up the the guy yet, we all have bumps in the road.

Yes....I do think Brunette would make a better head coach than Yeo in the NHL without a doubt.....he might have to move into an assistant position short term but possibly not....time will tell.

So a recently retired Brunette with zero coaching experience would be better that Yeo who has been coaching for 13 years, was a long time NHL assistant and won a cup with the Pens. Not to mention taking the Aeros on a Calder Cup run with a bunch of nobodies.

Are you being serious or is this a bad joke? eek

So a recently retired Brunette with zero coaching experience would be better that Yeo who has been coaching for 13 years, was a long time NHL assistant and won a cup with the Pens. Not to mention taking the Aeros on a Calder Cup run with a bunch of nobodies.

That reminds me of the guy over at Rube-chat that wanted Lucia replaced with Kevin Gorg .. grin

People seem to forget the lockout this year. They had barely any time at all at the start of the season to work together, and not much practice time at all during the condensed season. With all those new players it's gotta be hard to get everything working together.

I like Yeo, and hope he hangs on to the job for a long time.

agreed, I also like Yeo and I'd like to see him coach this team for a long time. With that said, this team better make a run next year.

High expectations:

1. make playoffs this year (done)

2. make conference finals either next year or the year after

3. Win Conference finals with-in 5 years

We shall see...his 13 yrs mean nothing at this point. His last 2 years with the Wild are all that matters whether you like it or not - period. It is well reported his job was on the line going into Colorado when many here said previously he was untouchable regardless of whether they made the playoffs or not, that was the joke! IMO Fletcher is taking into consideration the hapless season to this point and waiting to see how the playoffs go...and I don't blame him.

IMO the only way they would have fired him is if there was a big name coach that wanted to come here and that still could be the case, they aren't going to fire a stanley cup winning assistant, Calder cup winning coach for a nobody like Brunette. A few months ago, a lot of people were saying they'd be surprised if this team made the playoffs, now we have people thinking the coach will be fired if they don't do well in the playoffs. I'm happy just making the playoffs. Can't wait till tomorrow!!!!

I'm happy just making the playoffs. Can't wait till tomorrow!!!!

Therein lies the problem in these discussions....my aspirations were higher for this team and mediocrity is nothing to be proud of IMO. There are 30 teams in the NHL so more than half of the teams make the playoffs.....and we were tied for last of those 16...I am glad they made the playoffs and they deserved it.....if they beat the Bhawks and move on to the next round then we'd have something to be excited about IMO.

Personally...I hope they do what LA did last year as an 8 seed and win the Stanley Cup....you never know.

After what the last GM what's his name did to this team and with the last 5 seasons, I'm very happy with just sliding into the playoffs. I agree that in the state of hockey, being the 16th best team isn't good enough and this team should have been the 4-6 seed and I also blame the coaching for the slide at the end.

With that said, I'll give Yeo a pass and even if they get swept, I'd like to think his job is safe.

The Wild are about where I expected them to be, lower tier playoff team but in need of some magic to make any kind of cup run. We have some incredible talent but lack what I would call consistent depth. If you look at the run we went in mid-season we had a potent 2nd line. The combo of Cullen, Seto, Zucker, PMB where playing out of their minds. I think Cullen and Seto were at or close to point per game players. The problem is none of those guys are consistently that good so when they cool down so does the rest of the team. Pomminville helps add a lot to our depth & powerplay but we need that 2nd line to click big time to have any chance. The good news is with Zucker back up they looked really good against the Avs and Seto broke a 14 game goaless streak.

Past our April scoring problems our D is thin, we are going to need to play great team D and Backstrom will have to steal some games for us to compete. I think I saw a quote from Kane that sum us up pretty well, one night we look like one of the best teams in the nhl and the next we look like we don't care. When are "depth" players show up we are good, if not our stars aren't enough to win this series.

I'm just going to enjoy the ride and hope we do well, it should be a fun series and we might be able to pull off an upset but I'm not going to hold my breath. Chicago has been wicked good this year, them schooling us shouldn't be shocking to anyone.

+1

If anything it will be fun to watch Chicago make a run....they are solid up and down the lineup. If Crosby comes back in time to play soon I'd give the edge to the Pens to take it all...if not Chicago is my favorite although Anaheim could sneak in there. Love NHL Playoff Hockey!!!

I hope some of our players saw that Kane quote. I agree with it 100% too.

• 2 weeks later...

agreed, I also like Yeo and I'd like to see him coach this team for a long time. With that said, this team better make a run next year.

High expectations:

1. make playoffs this year (done)

2. make conference finals either next year or the year after

3. Win Conference finals with-in 5 years

this wasent even a real seson