• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

we got 'em - correia and pelfrey

B. Amish

correia for two years and pelfrey for one.

on the bright side, pelfrey already had tommy john, so that's out of the way.

I like the Pelfrey move, but two years for Correia seems like compounding a bad situation. Should've signed Baker when they had the chance, IMO.

Looks like another questionable starting rotation.

I will give the Twins this much, they know they need pitching. Now if they would go out and get 1 or 2 that are proven and healty and not some pitcher that may be at the end of his prime.

Now we have to hope that the TJ surgery went well. Been through that before.

I highly doubt that we will be much better unless they get very lucky with a couple of these guys.

How about going out and buying one better starter instead of guys who are questionable at best.

Heck Diamond even has a long ways to go.

If the fans stop going to the games, and watching them on TV, the Twins front office will learn, they need to put a competitive team on the field.

I think Ryan is doing a pretty good job with what the front office is allowing him to spend. They're not giving any of these guys a lot of money. The possible upside is worth it.

Pelfrey is only 28 yrs old and had a couple very good years with the Mets.

What we are seeing are classic ryan/pohlad moves. Give you impression they are doing something to buy tickets-- which equals money for them-- then get decent enough to contend and then dont get 1 more player to win the big one. Heck its only been a couple years since a world series, um oopps, like 23. No 3b,ss,2b,cf. Better pitching this yr, yeah probably. Buy them tickets up boys.

At least they didnt resign blackbern

Nicky boy is owed big money this year whether he pitches for the Twins or AAA. Twins signed him to a guaranteed deal a number of years ago.

Those two pitchers we signed will fit right in with our staff... i think their both right around 4. something career ERA guys. Same old garbage we always go after.

I actually like the trade of span and what we got. Not sure if i like the Revere trade.. We shall see. He was at least an exciting player to watch.

But it all doesnt matter anyway, the twins always play the same game. When and if one of these young pitchers ever becomes a stud the twins will just trade him away for a bunch of slop or let him go for nothing in FA when it comes time for him to get paid.

I see this team losing 90 games again next year the way they are going about the off season with these junk ballers they're adding to the pitching staff. What? Wasnt Sydney Ponson or Livan Hernandez available?

will give them credit for trying something at least but getting pitchers that had era's north of 4 in the national league doesn't sounds like much to get too optimistic about.

There getting pitching but not good pitching. Sure maybe one or two of these guys might work out but too risky. They need to step up and pay some players to play here. Last year they started seeing the effects of not putting out a good team. Tickets started to drop off with no one coming out. They started to complain last year about it. Only going to get worse if they don't do something fast.

I really hope Flourimon works out at short but that is still a gamble. Going into the season.

CF-? maybe hicks

2B-?

SS-?

3B- Trevor but still makes too many errors

no idea how the pitching will be

Like someone said earlier maybe lose another 90 games this year.

Jim P will put just enough on the field that is new to keep the fans coming.

When the fans stop, Jim will be forced to go after some waulity pitchers.

Without good pitching, they are going maybe up 1 spot in the division.

They will have the fans this year again as many feel they have done enough to be competitive in thier division.

With alot of luck in thier pitching rotation, maybe a team 10-15 ganes under 500 at best.

I love wathcing the Twins on the TV or at the ballpark but I cannot get myself to go to the games in the last 2 seasons as they are simply not putting a team on the field that has a chance against any team.

Sad reality is, the free agent pitching market has been ridiculous this year. The twins don't usually rely on free agency, because historically, most deals are bad deals. This year though, they needed the market to work in their favor. It has been historically bad for pitching. Not that the pitchers aren't there, but they are getting huge deals for the talent level.

The best move for the Twins in free agency this year would've been to sign no one or to sign one or two guys to one year deals. Baker's deal + Pelfrey's deal would've been a success. It wouldn't hurt them in the future. Correia's deal will. I hope they are done overpaying in this inflated market.

The team won't get better by overpaying. They need to make smart moves and have some patience. The Span and Revere trades give me some hope.

Yo Harvey 1 spot in the division I'm hoping 1 spot in the American League could be wrong but haven't we been in the basement for 2 seasons in a row ? When the ship sunk it really sunk fast. I think that hole in the ship is a little smaller now. With what I call the big 3 M,M and the hammer we still finished last and we blamed it all on Nishioka the year before lol, not all but he was the whipping boy, bring him back, why not we're not going anywhere, lets have him fumble his way around and not understand the infield fly rule again that was fun because Dan Gladden completely lost it and Cuddy got to pitch one night, it was comical anyway. Correia and Pelfrey can't like not having Revere saving some era for them.

North of 4.00 ERA is better then north of 5.00 which was pretty much all last year. 6 to 7 innings worked is better then 5 for most

starters last year.

And if nothing had been done this winter, then most would be complaining that nothing was being done.

I suppose Ryan could have offered Butera and Duensing to the

Nationals for Strasburg...

Or gotten Matt Cain for 2 class a prospects.

I can't understand why he didn't try something like that.

So we are supposed to feel sorry for an organization that didnt do enough when they were good, 8-10yrs ago, basically built them a new stadium with promises to spend money to contend and then go out and stink the place up the last 2 yrs? They are at Kansas City level now and their track record shows the bottom line is profit.

North of 4.00 ERA is better then north of 5.00 which was pretty much all last year. 6 to 7 innings worked is better then 5 for most

starters last year.

And if nothing had been done this winter, then most would be complaining that nothing was being done.

Apparently your a big fan of mediocrity

starters last year.

I think the consensus out there is that north of 4 in the national league is about the equivalent of north of 5 in the american league.

But we will all be hopeful that it works out in the long run and we can start watching a competetive team at some point in the hopefully near future.

blue healer they spent the money on 2 dudes. 88 mill and 184 mill. Here's my twinkies hey they toasted the twinkie by hostess, anyway who gets the ball opening day and what is our opening day line up other than Mauer,Morneau, and kinda that goofy Willingham guy not that I don't love him.

Those two pitchers we signed will fit right in with our staff... i think their both right around 4. something career ERA guys.

these pitchers also pitched in the national league, that has no DH. so ERA probally would have been higher in the AL.

And now we have added Rich Harden to the mix...only on

a minor league invitation though. Crossing the figures

and a hoping.

I guess the plan is to throw as many into a cage as possible and hope the few that remain standing will be good enough to compete in the majors at some level.

Actually this is a low risk deal. Hope it works out.

All in on pitching is the only way to get back...look at Rangers, A's etc. Sacred cows make the best hamburger...Lets look at Morneau and Mauer next. Why do we have these high salaries on a 99 loss team? They had their shot now lets move them for prospects. I know they need to sell tickets but their assets to be leveraged so its their turn. Yes Mauer has no trade clause but it seems like this team started sliding the day they gave him the no trade contract.

We have parmalee and doumit...span and revere were expendable...why not joe and justin? stop living like its the m and m show. thats over...

the m and m show faded when we let aj go. im a rangers fan now. heart and soul of that team. got great value for the trade tho. but we also got soft.

• 2 weeks later...

I am as dissapointed as anyone over their lack of quality moves this offseason. I wont be attending a game because of it.

But getting rid of Mauer or Mourneau is downright stupid. You dont win without stars. period. My concern is that it takes us too long to get supporting actors and they are too old and we have to start the search for another set of stars to lead the team. Prospects, as sexy as they sound, do not always work out. In fact, most do not. So trading a star for 2-3 prospects is probably gonna end you up with 1 average major leaguer. Not a good return.

You also don't win when you pay a guy $15 million a season to hit singles, and only play 2/3 of the games crazy GET RID OF HIM!!!

Every since the Twins got their new stadium, they have turned into a terrible, sloppy team, that isnt even fun to watch. I hope this changes, but it doesnt look like it will happen anytime soon with the current FO/owners

the m and m show faded when we let aj go. im a rangers fan now. heart and soul of that team. got great value for the trade tho. but we also got soft.

the m and m show wasn't even in the bigs when aj was here.

well, i guess morneau played a handful of games in his rookie year with aj as a teammate.

You also don't win when you pay a guy $15 million a season to hit singles, and only play 2/3 of the games crazy GET RID OF HIM!!!

he makes a bit more than $15 million a year. also had a career high in games played and ab's last year.