• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

HSO Cool Cats 2013

Just about ready to head out to the lake for the weekend. Am looking forward too seeing everyone tomorrow, should be a good time grin

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Borch

• DTro

• Rick G

• NKLCOLT1911

Top Posters In This Topic

If Eric is showing up, looks like I better bring something wrapped in bacon.

smile

I love you man!!!!!

Will anybody be bringing a propane grill, small or large? I would just need to heat something up on it, some goodies wrapped in foil, they'll already be pre-cooked.

If not, I think they will taste just fine cold. smile

Will anybody be bringing a propane grill, small or large? I would just need to heat something up on it, some goodies wrapped in foil, they'll already be pre-cooked.

If not, I think they will taste just fine cold. smile

Sure there will be some there, but usually are hogged by the beans and chili...will see if I can find my camp stove. Thought "mr camper extraordinaire" would have something like that....oh wait you just use two sticks rubbed together for fire and rocks for cookware......

Don't worry about it PB, I need a new table top one anyways. I'll just pick one up. I just don't feel like putting one together tonight. lol

I've got a bunch of little backpacking camp stoves, but they wouldn't work in this case.

It's a good excuse to buy one, at least in my mind. smile

Hey everyone,

So this is my first Cool Cats and I am very excited. I lost my partner to go, so I will be coming up alone.

I will be bringing minnows and chicken liver.

If anyone is on the way on 94W, I am coming from St. Louis Park going 94W.

my email is: masoct3 (@) g mail.com

I'll be bringing a large propane burner base (the deep fryer variety). I'm sure it can be used a multitude of ways. smile

Just got back from the store with all my ingredients for Fish Balls. Time to start cookin.

Would it be wrong to sneak a few pieces of liver in the mix? grin

I'm bringing a Coleman cookstove.

I got home from work kinda late last night so I missed a chance to go fishing. I did, however, cut up a bunch of onions for the missus.......who then made a big arsed pot of chili.

My house smells really good right now.

Hey everyone,

So this is my first Cool Cats and I am very excited. I lost my partner to go, so I will be coming up alone.

I will be bringing minnows and chicken liver.

If anyone is on the way on 94W, I am coming from St. Louis Park going 94W.

my email is: masoct3 (@) g mail.com

Glad your still coming! If you cant find a partner just look for a black suburban and a fatfish and clam tent with a little kid running around. You can set up right next to us and can help you out with anything.

Add those chicken liver's Darren. They may be just as good as the deep fried ones we had a few short years ago.

Look for Shawn and myself in "The Tin Man" fish house. She may be ugly, but she's comfy! See everyone around 7:30!

Thanks Pushbutton!

I was wondering what arsenal I need to bring with me?

Specifically, do I need my sled? I would rather not bring it but if need be, okay. It just takes up quite a bit of room in my Toyota Camry. I would love to park near my Bigfoot and not bring sled.

I plan on bringing the following (please let me know about adjustments):

-Big Foot XL2000 (I can house more than myself, it might get really boring if I have no one to talk to..

-Mr Buddy w/ refills

-Vex FL-8se

-Chair

-Tackle

-Rods

-Bait

Anything else?

I really appreciate it, and plan on having a great time with all of you!

-Michael

Me and my wife will be there. I can grab a few cases of pop. Ill be in the red f150 step side with a clam voyager. Come say hi.

You pretty much got it covered. Nope, no sled needed. Just drive on out, park it, and your good to go. I wont be there till around 8:30, but if you, or anyone gets there earlier and does not have an auger....go find the guy in a tin shed, he has a gator and loves to show it off grin Seriously though, this is a helpful bunch and just ask if you have questions.

I won't get there til around 8:30 or so myself. Look for an old white Chev Silverado with a topper full of gear. Looking forward to it. Stop by and introduce yourself and teach me how to catch a "wintercat". smile

I'm hoping to got there around 830. If anyone needs holes drilled let me know I will be in a frabill cabin next to a red jeep Cherokee. I brought my auger in the shop and got the carb adjusted for the real cold. All I ask is that someone let me know what depths the cats are at my vex got ran over last weeken.

Will be there (+1) by 900 with little smokes in homemade barbeque sauce and a camp stove.

See you all in the AM

I wont be there till around 8:30, but if you, or anyone gets there earlier and does not have an auger....go find the guy in a tin shed, he has a gator and loves to show it off grin

Funny guy! grin But he's right. I love showing off this awesome auger built by small company. They've done me right, and enjoy helping them any chance I get.

I'll explain the ION vs. 'Gator business off forum at the event, though.

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Builders

I will have an extra burner on my stove if needed. I'll be the guy looking for birds to take their pics... wink

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Creators

I'll be there early and will do my best to point folks in the right direction. Blue chev crew cab and a clam denali.

I just got the wife outta bed so as soon as I finish my beer we're on the road!!!!

See yous guys in a few hours.

I'll be there a bit after sunrise. Silver Subaru Outback and dark green flip-over portable. I'll have a spare seat in my portable too if someone is fishing without one. Gonna be chilly on the ice this morning.

I wish you all luck and hope you enjoy a great day on the ice with friends and family. Be safe out there and if anyone can give us guys that are home wishing they were there an update it would be appreciated. Have fun catching some kitties........

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Builders

I put a few pics on the photo page.