• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

HSO Cool Cats 2013

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Creators

After this coming week I think we'll be good. Sounds like we'll be lucky to see 0 on Sunday.

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Borch

• DTro

• Rick G

• NKLCOLT1911

Top Posters In This Topic

the wife has that day off so it is a for shure thing well be there

this is my 1st time fishing cats on ice i am pummped

Got room for an avid fisherman, but one who has never ice fished before? Was thinking about starting to this winter and this seems like a good opportunity! And it looks like you guys have fun!

What would you like me to bring to pass?

Its usually anywhere from 30-50

We can start a count though

ill bring 4 dozen then that should be close enough

I don't believe I said the V word one time in that video. But you just did. grin

and yes I might have tossed in a TWSS....

It's called subliminal marketing. Made me want to go out and buy one and I already own one exactly like that! grin

I sure can't guarantee an awesome bite for Sat, but I can report that the last 2 trips up to the chain we iced over 100 fish. It has been a lot of fun!

Here's a shot from last night of fish stacked from 22 to 40ft. The pre cold front bite was insane.

017_zpsc12052a3.jpg

Looks like it's going to live up to the name cool cats grin The weather man said -9 for a morning low, and +10 for the afternoon high. The only way I will reconsider coming is if it's -15 and windy, otherwise it's game on. I got one of the nice ladys from work to help me whip up 6-7 lb of maple smoked pork and beans.

Borch, I will bring my larger fillet board, the one that is the size of a pick up tail gate.

Great video Darren, one of the best I have seen for a tutorial.

Yes, the chicken livers do taste great right out of the deep fat fryer.

I will toss in a cooler as well for keeping any cats we plan on eating fresh so they don't freeze solid. Much tougher to clean when they are frozen.

Looks like it's going to live up to the name cool cats grin The weather man said -9 for a morning low, and +10 for the afternoon high. The only way I will reconsider coming is if it's -15 and windy, otherwise it's game on. I got one of the nice ladys from work to help me whip up 6-7 lb of maple smoked pork and beans.

Plenty of time for the forecast to change. I just check and now it's looking like 15 for a high and light winds out of the south.

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Builders

I have some left over brats from a wild game feed saturday. I'll put some bbq sauce on them and bring pieces. I don't fish with out venny of some type. wink

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Builders

maybe 9 on saturday and 30 on sunday. I hope global warming kicks in friday night wink

Getting excited!!! can't wait to see everyone and catch some cats. been out the past couple days targeting them and I have to say Im pretty much hooked!!!!

Lol, another catfish addict grin

Headed out in a few min to do a little prefishing myself wink

Looking forward to this weekend! Hope some of you can find some time to stop by. Borch's fresh battered cats are worth it!

I rounded up a few small things to give away, so lets do a big fish contest!

I will bring along a digital scale.

Let's do an Adult Division and 16 and under division.

You should be able to find me hanging around Borch or near my Bigfoot Clam Shelter, or most likely close the the food. smile I will be in my Gray Striker Suit and HSO hat. Just bring your fish over and I'll keep track of the biggest. You can either donate the fish for the fry, keep it for yourself or release it. I would just ask that I can take a few pics.

Noon will be the cutoff time to enter a fish.

Thanks Darren.

I'll have a few goodies to add as well for the big fish.

Borch and DarrEn, That's awesome!!!!!

Pretty sure I won't be in the big fish contest, and that's fine with me. It's a bit of a drive for me so I won't be there until around 8 or 9 ish. Don't wait for me!!! Get yer fish on!!!!

Looking forward to the event. This is a fun one!!!!!!

Hi all,

So, I have never fished for cats. This is my third year ice fishing and I am still learning all the tactics that come with the sport.

I was wondering, because I do not know anyone and I am actually the only fisherman in my group of friends (can you believe it!!!), does someone want to buddy up and make me not look like a complete fool? eek

I have an FL-8, Portable buddy, Bigfoot XL2000 and a toyota camry smile

I live in St. Louis Park. Please respond or PM me if you would like to do this.

Thank you!

Michael

is the plan still.to use the winter access and head towards the meth hole, I have only walked out up there, is there driveable ice all the way to the methole area? any certreeain place to walk and go by foot from there.

I will just say that my plan is to drive out there from the winter access with my 4Runner.

haven’t been to the Meth hole in over a month now I think. Based on reports though I would have to estimate there is at least 20” of ice or maybe more. Everyone needs to use their own judgment on what they feel comfortable with.

It will be one of the few times in Cool Cats history that we don’t have issues with weather and/or ice conditions.

Now hopefully we can catch some fish. smile

Brett,

There are some fisherman who have posted that they will have extra room for folks in their fishhouses. I know that I will do my best to help folks out in icing a few kitties at the event. I'll be near a blue chev 1500HD and or in a Clam Denali fishhouse. Look me up.

Brett,

There are some fisherman who have posted that they will have extra room for folks in their fishhouses. I know that I will do my best to help folks out in icing a few kitties at the event. I'll be near a blue chev 1500HD and or in a Clam Denali fishhouse. Look me up.

cool thanks for the info, i have all my own gear just never been to that part of the lake before, ill pop in and say hi when i get there, ill be wearing a camo striker suit.

Shawn and I will be making the trip again. Haven't decided yet, but may be bringing the small wheel house.

Does anyone have an ION? If so, please bring it. Thanks smile