• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Gopher Women's Hockey

SkunkedAgain

Ok so the records keep rolling. This team continues to do things no other team or individual has ever accomplished in any sport. Yesterday the WCHA season awards were announced. The Gophers swept every category!!! Coach of the year, player of the year, goalie of the year, defensive player of the year, rookie of the year.

More impressively the list of Patty Kazmeyer Finalists was narrowe dfrom 10 to 3 players. The 3 players are U of MN Forward Amanda Kessel, U of MN Defenseman Meghan Bozek and U of MN Goltender Nora Raty!!!

This is comparable to 3 Players from one team named as the finalists for the Heisman.

Unreal! If that does not impress you, take a look at this release from USA Hockey, easy to look at on top of everything else!

http://www.pattykaz.com/news_article/show/235989?referrer_id=718465

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• wormdunker

• PierBridge

• Bear55

• RK

Top Posters In This Topic

I will be at the WCHA Championship tomorrow, HS tourney tonight. Bantam games in between. Sometimes I look at the hockey rinks and wish I could drill a hole in it and fish while I watch all this hockey.

Then I tell myself one day it will all be over, kids move on. Then I fish!

Next few weeks are going to bring some amazing hockey!

Sometimes I look at the hockey rinks and wish I could drill a hole in it and fish while I watch all this hockey.

Then I tell myself one day it will all be over, kids move on. Then I fish!

Man, that's me to a 'T'

Still a ways to go for me though - my youngest just finished his first year of Mites. eek

Well WCHA Champs, NCAA bound Lady Gophers, Men come back to secure share of McNaughton Cup, Wild coming on strong, and my son's Bantam team is VFW State Tourney Bound! Gonna be a busy couple weeks for sure. Good Times in the ONLY State of Hockey.

Just back from a celebratory dinner following the game. Gotta say this game ranked right up there in the top 5 hockey games I have ever watched. 118:55 minutes played, game lasted over 4.5 hours. 47 straight wins.

2 games left. Adversity experienced tonight will be valuable next weekend.

This team is probably the greatest team ever assembled. It is an absolute joy to watch the team willingness to play as a team. Considering the talent on this team it would be easy to have a player stray away from the team first mentality. It is fun to watch, there are some good lessons to be learned from this team by many athletes.

It is fun to watch the young girls wait after games to get a glimpse of the girls, to get an autograph or picture. The team is not only beating everyone they face, they are wonderful role models.

Next week will be fun.

It's on tonight at Ridder!

Gophers vs. Boston College in the opening game at 5, Boston U and Mercyhurst at 8. Championship on Sunday at 3. I'll be there in Sec 7, and I can't wait. Gophers/BC should be a fast-paced game.

Gonna be cool!

RK

Yep lady gophers won in OT, they sure like to make things interesting with all these OT games.

I thought when they took the 2-1 lead with approx 7 minutes left they would have hung on but, nope.

In watching most of the mens gopher pre-game and 1st intermission interviews last eveing I got the impression the lady gophers lost to BC.

I find it hard to believe that none of the media outlets can televise the lady gophers championship game on Sunday.

Hiya -

Was at the game last night...holy smokes was that a great hockey game. BC was blazing fast - probably the only team the Gophers saw all year with more team speed than they have. Gophers were kind of on their heels for the first period and actually got outshot, which might be a first this season. They came on in the latter half of the second, and the third was a real scorcher - up and down the ice the whole period. Even when BC took the lead you kind of still felt like the Gophers were getting the better of the play (I think they hit 4 or 5 posts throughout the game) and it was just a matter of time. The OT winner was right in front of me. All in all one of the most exciting hockey games I've seen in a long, long time. I can't wait for tomorrow's championship game.

As far as the TV goes...yeah, it's beyond a shame. It's shameful. We can televise the quarterfinals of a conference tournament, but not a freaking national championship? Stupidity...

The Big 10 network wanted to televise it but the NCAA wouldn't let them - all comes down to $$$$$. I think it's streamed online at NCAA.com, but man, really too bad people can't see it on TV.

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Creators

Congrats Gopher women... National Champions!!!

Beat Boston in the title game 6-3.

They end the season with an unbelievable 41-0 record!!! smile

49 straight wins now.

Back to Back NATIONAL Championships!! smile

Amazing season, safe to say that this team was so good that last years team got to win National title too. grin

Just got back from the game. Still buzzing a little bit and will definitely be hoarse tomorrow. That's as loud as I've ever heard Ridder arena that's for sure.

Great game, and although you never got the feeling the issue was really in doubt, BU kept coming back and coming back... Great effort by them too, but too much talent on the Gophers for them - or anyone else - to handle. Really a ton of fun seeing them hoist the National Championship trophy in front of their home fans.

Gophers lose some key players to graduation, but some great talent still there and more coming in. Be exciting to see what they do next year.

I've said this here before, but if you're a hockey fan and have never seen a Gopher Women's game, you owe it to yourself to go check them out. Some of the best hockey anywhere.

Congrats Gophers!

RK

Congrats Gopher women... National Champions!!!

Beat Boston in the title game 6-3.

They end the season with an unbelievable 41-0 record!!! smile

49 straight wins now.

Back to Back NATIONAL Championships!! smile

full-9514-31358-gophers.jpg

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Creators

If you woild like to send a message to voice your displeasure or agreement with the NCAA for not allowing the women's tourney games to be televised here is the link to go to:

http://www.ncaa.com/contact

Congrats Ladies!!! What a tremendous accomplishment.

I tried watching the game via live feed, but had nothing but issues.

Bummer, I was hoping to catch it.

That has to be awesome to win this in front of your home crowd. How rewarding to be able to share that.

Amanda Kessel really helped out her team this year, with her 100 points on the year. I think that she was the most reasonable candidate to win the Patty Kazmaier award.

I think Amanda Kessel really helped out the Gophers this year with her 100 points and I really think that she deserved the Patty Kazmaier.