• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Little Rock 2012

Pallansch

Finally made it out today, got out to the lake about 630am and left at noon. Fished a couple different spot Spot #1 managed to get a couple nice crappies about 8am in 15 FOW. Spot #2 pulled a 28" Northern up with my 2lb line, always fun. Then Spot #3 managed to find a couple 15" walleye. I would not recommend going out there unless you know the lake. There is a big crack with open water. Found ice from 5" to 2". Be safe!

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pallansch

• gombos11

• ASMOLEY

• dewoutdoor70

Great report, and good to see the lake is putting out some nice crappies and eyes. I've had some amazing years on Little Rock for walleyes...and some years I couldn't really find any. Let's hope your report is the start of something good!

• 2 weeks later...

Not to try to take your hot spot Pallansch but I have always had trouble getting on the eyes on little rock and im just wondering if you could point me in the right direction?

Any updates on how the ice held up on LR?

I'll be checking the ice and fishing (if it's safe) on Thursday... Might be putting some miles on the truck to find fishable ice otherwise.

I can point you in the right direction all right! 9-10FOW not gonna say where thou. I have fished LR for 12 years and found a good spot 3 years ago. It's a small lake, I put in a lot of time trying to find them. I have a Clam Trapper and a Clam Voyager. If ya see me stop in, I am more then likely fishing walleye! Thanks Good Luck

9-10FOW not gonna say where thou.

I'll second this wink I'll also add that getting away from the houses usually yields better results.

Was there any water on the ice? 4"-4.5" with all this snow doesn't leave me very optimistic for Thursday.

The park. Lat 45* 43.980 N

Lon 94* 10.623 W

Off the road Lat 45* 43.238 N

Lon 94* 10.103 W

Sucker pt Lat 45* 43.142

Lon 94* 9.850 W

These are the ones I use, you can get on a couple other places too.

There are two parks. The one off Benton Beach Road(also a boat landing), another on West Lake Road(small park winter or carry on access).

Isn't the Sucker Point access private Pallansh? I've driven down there but there are no trespassing signs. Does seem to get a lot of traffic in the winter but I've never spoken to the land owner and would rather play it safe.

The most popular access open water is right off highway 10 on the channel to the river. DO NOT use this one in the winter! That channel will stay open most of the year and it's a hike to the main lake anyhow.

I'm not a 100% a friend of mine lives over there and he uses it so I started. It almost looks like a minimum maintenance road to me. As you drive in there is the driveways on the left(the one closest to the road is a seasonal cabin. Then on the other side is a field the has signs on it. There is no signs on the fence gates. If anyone has more info it would help out! thanks enjoy

Asmoley it didnt seem like there was a lot of water onto of the ice i personally thought it was safe enough to fish. Also what kind of presentation works best for them?

I use a buck- shot or a doodle bug. Bright colors cause as the winter goes on it the water usually gets cloudy. Be prepared for bullheads, and suckers.

I'm friends with one of the owners son-in-laws and he says they don't mind if people use this access to the lake in winter, they just dont want people hunting their land on the east side of the road there. There is enough room for maybe a dozen vehicles when you get by the lake. When the ice gets thick enough to drive on some years there is a road plowed from this access to the benton beach access. And I think they have it gated in the non-ice fishing months.

Thank for the info roger. Welcome, yeah you can get a good amount of cars back there if people park right. I have see in packed before, and people parked on the road. Has anyone been out this week? And now there's more snow coming on sat... frown

Pallansch im going out this weekend and i know when i went amd checked the other dsy there was only one person going out and they didnt go out that far off the acess. On the west side of the lake also i was wondering if the bite is better in the morning or at night?

Made it out yesterday. Found 4"-5" of ice on all the spots I checked on the west side. There was even a wheeler out! shocked

Fish did not cooperate it was very slow...

Thanks for the info. They are probibly crappie fishing or spearing depending the area. I guess I will be heading out there in the morning. Was the road/ path plowed from the park access?

no they were just walking out there and then there was a bunch of houses on the west side by where ppl go in off the road.

A big thank you to whoever it was that pulled my house to my spot through that slush with their wheeler! Was a pain in the a$$ trying to pull a house through 5 inches of slush, missed your wheeler on the walk back in to the truck lol! Good to see there's still good people out there.

I have been out the last two nights and all i have managed to catch was two walleyes about 7 inches long and i have maked fish like crazy anyone have sugestions on how to get whats down there and also i was wondering if anyone has been getting crappies in either of the two deeper holes?

They are likely little perch, I caught probably 30 of them and all were between 5-8 inches.. Nothing to keep. Also caught one walleye after dark. If you really wanna catch those perch I was catching them on anything that rattled with a chunk of pminnow or minnow head and sometimes no bait.

I was out on sat morning from about 7am till 930 and there was only one other truck at the park access. The lake wasn't bad at first, but when I was leaving it was messy. Rained the whole time and fishing was bad. Caught one walleye at about 720 and then a couple crappies a little later. I was in 17 FOW. Use an underwater camera if possible but more then likely they are small perch.

After the rain this weekend how is the ice looking out on Little Rock. Looks like Thursday night and Friday will help make some good ice again....would like to go off the south access by the field if possible, anybody know how the ice is down there.....