• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Lowrance depth finder ???

ricbak

Question

I have a Lowrance LCG-2400, and it decided to quiet working this past weekend, my problim is when I push the (pwr) on button it turns on and shuts off immedietly. any helpfull ideas would be greatly appreciative. thanks ricbak

4 answers to this question

I used to have a similar problem on an older Lowrance locator. My problem was due to a bad connection. Check your wires and the fuse link on the hot wire to be sure theres no corosion causing a weak connection. I eventually had to replace my fuse link and that took care of the problem.

Not saying this is yours, but it sounds like you have the smae thing going on.

I too have had this problem with a depthfinder as well as a GPS. Like Dave, I found that I had issues with the power cable on one and the fuse link on the other. A good cleaning took care of both. Good luck!

thanks for the reply's, after a little cleaning with emery cloth and replacing one cable end my depth finder is up and running again. thanks ricbak