• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Isolator Circuits ?????

Walleye_GFA

Question

Ive heard that Ican get an "isolator" or something that I can put on my trolling battery to help reduce interference between my trolling motor and my front fish finder (Lowrence X-70)... when I hit the trolling motor, you can see that the unit picks up much less detail, when I kick it off, its back to its great picture...

Whats this isolator called and where do I get one... Ive looked at C's and BP, but cant find anything that looks like what I was told about...

Wally

4 answers to this question

The isolators I'm familiar with are for allowing one charger to charge two or more batteries while preventing the draw on any given battery from draining the others.

What you may be referring to is a noise filter. You should be able to get one at Radio Shack or just about any store that sells car stereo gear.

A simple test to see if a noise filter might help would be to temporarily connect your sonar to a separate battery. If the interference goes away then I'd try the noise filter, or another possibility would be to wire the sonar to your starting battery - assuming there is one and its in decent condition. Of course, the risk then is will you get interference with the main engine running. You never know 'till you try it.

Ill try that, the interference goes away altogether whne the trolling motor is off, so thats got to be it... I will look at Rshack, or maybe even rewire it to the starting like you mentioned... Does the interference protection work well or you think it would be better to hook to starting battery ???

The filters work very well for certain types of noise such as alternator whine in a car stereo setup.

However, there are a couple ways that noise can get in. It could be through the power leads or it could be through the transducer cable. If its through the power leads there's a good chance the filter would work otherwise it won't help.

I'd try going to the starting battery first because your investment is only several feet of wire that you likely have laying around somewhere. The only caution is that if you decide to permanently go to the starting battery install an in-line fuse holder as the first thing off the battery in the wire run to the sonar.

Great thanks !!!

I will probably take the opportunity to cahnge out the location of my finders... I think it would be better to have the more accurate on the dash...

Wally

PS I did not even think of the interference coming from the cable or the mount.. thanks

This topic is now closed to further replies.

• Your Responses - Share & Have Fun :)

• FrankOcean
      My grandmother is a very old person, and she has had a real estate company for 20 years now, she has dedicated her whole life to it, so she does not understand much about technology and is looking to modernize her business, she is one of the few real estate companies that They don't have their own application, so I see myself in charge of finding a good software developer for real estate and that type of business. Do you know any professional or company that is dedicated to it?
    • BobT
      Don't forget about IP Lures just west of town about 2 miles on the south side of Co. 82.    I was out on Osakis last week for a couple hours. Picked up two walleyes, one about 13" and the other a fat 14-1/2". Also a couple northerns and a handful of perch.
    • Andre.y
      Of course, you shouldn’t even ask about this, because this is the responsibility of the executor of the order, that is, the employee who will create such an application. I think it will be stated in the contract of employment if there is one and then you don't have to ask for anything.
    • smurfy
      👍 awesome sauce!!!
    • CigarGuy
      Shallow. Got skunked tonight. Just got chased off by the weather. Last evening was the only time the last 4 times out I caught fish. Last even was light drizzle and calm water. Water warmed up about 3-1/2 degrees since the first time out.
    • Kettle
      Got into the cranes, 5 a piece this morning for two of us  
    • Fasterok
      It is very important not only to identify mushrooms by their appearance but also to understand whether it is useful or not, because now there are many poisonous mushrooms, and it is extremely important that no mistakes were made in the selection of such mushrooms. That's why I here https://www.mushrooms.online/mushroom-poisoning/ read a lot of interesting information about poisonous mushrooms and was able to understand more about it. I hope that I was able to help you and was really helpful to learn. 
    • TimothyBoolman
      Nice article
    • FrankOcean
      e-commerce applications always do wonders for any business so your idea is very good, someone here in this forum should be able to recommend you some good company that can help you develop the application, remember to ask them to review the application before launching it to the market, so that it does not come out with errors, if it has errors you will lose many users, good luck with your business!
    • FrankOcean
      With all that amount of guests you have, you need to create the application, yes or yes, it will facilitate communication between you and your clients, making it possible for you to answer each query, doubt and order that they ask of you, in addition to being able to charge them for your service with total comfort, try try to contact a company that is dedicated to developing this type of applications, although I cannot know exactly how much the creation cost will be, so try to have enough capital to spend

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.