• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

up noth vs the metro upl championship

JuanArellano

I think this would be a fun thing to do at the end of the season.

Take the top 10 from both league's and fish out to see who is the the best... What do you all think.

Juano, I like the idea. I think this would be a good spot to throw in a mystery lake, also. Everyone head to a central city then follow Matt out the unknown lake and just start fishing. Make it a real shootout for the championship!!

This definitely sounds like a good idea, but after the last Metro UPL event (March 10) I'm on the road for two weeks filming and at events, and at that point the ice could be iffy at the end of March. I'm all for getting something on the calendar, but someone else will have to run it. I do know that we're looking into something like this for next year, some kind of championship for the top 10 teams in the Metro UPL, maybe combine it and do the top 10 for both leagues for a 20 team championship?

Great stuff guys!

Still feeling out the interest for the Northern League.. Spread the word my friends, spread the word smile

Jim, keep at it. You might need to just start with five teams or so and it will grow. We would come up and fish some but because of the Saturday events we won't have time to prefish. Mike and I still might just show up and fish blind without prefishing a few events though.

well, I will be up there for the osakis event anyway, and Jeremy and I would would more than likely fish it if there are openings

• 2 weeks later...

Juano, I like the idea. I think this would be a good spot to throw in a mystery lake, also. Everyone head to a central city then follow Matt out the unknown lake and just start fishing. Make it a real shootout for the championship!!

I like the mystery lake idea. I would even do that just for fun.

• 1 month later...

Would really like to participate in the UPL. From what folks have told me and what I've read it seems to be a great way to become a better angler. Any openings in the Northern league- I'm willing to drive from the metro to the events.

ao