• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

2012/13 college hockey season and results

scsavre

Tech and State look dangerous this year, some new coaching might be shooting some life into those programs.

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bear55

• archerystud

• PierBridge

• solbes

SC takes it to State 5-1 but apparently Hanowski got back checked and never returned. Reports say he went to the hospital with concussion like symptoms. So another top player is lost for a while........

Gophs desperately need a sweep to get things on track. The power play is gonna have a huge weekend and become a difference maker. Since the gophs suck on Fridays and the sue are terrible on Saturdays, do you think they can just become 1 team and alternate each night during non conference play?

As long as the gophers lose on Saturday, well I don't care what happens to North Dakota. As long as it is a win for the SIOUX!

Gophs alternate this weekend and decide to loose Saturday. Sue keep it consistent and loose again on Saturday.

Huskies host UND this weekend but I'll be hunting. Seems like we always play them in early Nov!!!

Huskies still without Hano and Benik (probably until Xmas) so I'm just hoping for 2 points. Pretty much just hoping for splits against the good teams until those 2 get back....

Dogs playing the Red Land Cows on Sat/Sunday. Maybe my Dad gets NBC Sports and I can watch. That would be great.

• 2 weeks later...

This thread is way TOO quiet, everyone must be out deer hunting?!?!

Denver has already opened up a 4 point lead in the standings. Still early but they are looking tough. At least SCSU beat them once. smile

SCSU hosts solbes's UMD this coming weekend. Word is Hano wants to return but I haven't heard for sure yet if he will play.

Sorry solbes but I hope my DOG's get 4 points this weekend!!!

Darn Denver, they lost so much fire power and still come back strong. I am sure this thread will be picking up as we close in on Dec.

7 game winless streak for the Bulldogs, ouch. The dogs played pretty good up in Grand Forks actually but came away with just 1 point. Some of the freshman are looking pretty good at this stage, McNeely included. But its going to be a painful couple of months.

Huskies are clearly the superior team right now. Bulldogs need to get a win this weekend.

Ouch!! 7 game winless streak = desparate team.

Hanowski is 50/50 to play. If he's 50/50 with a concussion then I'd rather see him sit another week. Benik will probably be back in 2 weeks.

I'm guessing it will be a split this weekend. Huskies need to get the above 2 players back and improve the up front scoring.

UMD and SCSU split.

Not a good weekend for the WCHA but at least the Gophers swept. Both Colorado schools lost both nights to Yale and New Hampshire.

WCHA is absolutely terrible this year agains non-cons. That is going to reduce the number teams making the tourney by at least one come March / April.

For Christmas I want a Bulldog win on a Saturday. Any Saturday please.

Solbes,

Agreed. I know it's VERY early but in PWR right now only Denver would be a lock. MN/ND are 10 and 11 respectively. Six of the top 7 are Eastern schools.

The way the PWR is setup those early season non-conf losses hurt everyone int he conference. Hopefully the WCHA kicks butt in the rest of the non-conference games.

This is an ugly year. Gophs looking lazy and tired as usual. Lucia looks as if he doesn't care and guentzel a defense looks like a bunch of bantams.

Oh and the sue still suck

I was surprised Lucia sat Alt last night. Didn't think he had the guts to do it. He has been missing most of the season. Marshall has the skills and looks good but gets tossed around like a rag doll. Ambros has seamed to figure out the game. Warning looked lost at times making blind passes/turnover, but he had missed about 9 games I think.

Ya despite the record and wins I can't really say I have been impressed with the Gophers this year. A nice win on Saturday but when you have a 3-0 lead a 3-2 win is a little scary.

I really like the Wilcox kid, playing very well for a freshman tender. Also someone wake up Bjugstad, he is showing flashes but something seems to be missing this year. Waiting for him to tear it up.

Yeah the Gophs really aren't living up to the potential yet. I thought the only real question was their goalie and Wilcox is leading the WCHA in GAA.

SCSU should have been swept in Alaska as the came back from an 0-3 deficit on the first night. They get UNO this weekend and I've seen enough splits for a while. Oh and I'm not calling for a UNO sweep either.

Dogs need to make some hay against BSU if they want to get back near .500. Unlike the Gophers, we have 2 goalies that have struggled a bit. Freshman soring continues to be the strength. Camaranesi is an animal. Farley and Welinski playing well lately too. I am beginning to like this team for the following 2 years if McNeely can start progressing in goal.

We're still looking for that first Saturday win. Maybe its time to delay the partying till late Saturday night and sub in Sunday night instead?

Dogs need to make some hay against BSU if they want to get back near .500. Unlike the Gophers, we have 2 goalies that have struggled a bit. Freshman soring continues to be the strength. Camaranesi is an animal. Farley and Welinski playing well lately too. I am beginning to like this team for the following 2 years if McNeely can start progressing in goal.

We're still looking for that first Saturday win. Maybe its time to delay the partying till late Saturday night and sub in Sunday night instead?

You're in luck because BSU has no goaltending, poor D, takes bad penalties and can't generate much offense . . . but besides that . . .

Bulldog sweep.

cough cough Minnesota state cough cough

whistle

Speaking of msu 6 game win streak and tied for third now. besides the st.cloud series they have played every loss very close and had chances to make them wins, but failed. plus former back goalie murdoch had 46 saves in a big shut out win for lake superior state tonight.

Usually taking 3 point at CC is a good weekend, just not when you are up 4-1 going into the 3rd and they tie it up.