• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

2012/13 college hockey season and results

scsavre

Its set then we got,

Wisconsin vs Mankato is the 2PM

UND vs CC is the 7PM for Thursday at the Excel

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bear55

• archerystud

• PierBridge

• solbes

Nice win for CC, saw Denver was up early and went to bed. Always nice to see them lose. Should be a great weekend of hockey.

Shaking up to a good and 'final' Final Five at the X!!! This is the first time in as long as I can remember that SCSU won't be playing on Thursday night. I look forward to some good puck this weekend and I'm sad I won't be attending this year.

Seriously, Quinnipiac got more votes than the chokers? As usual the rankings are a joke!
Those rankings are pointless anyways. Well, unless you are a Husky fan and look for a chance to hang another "Ranked in the Top Ten" banner in the concrete jungle.

The only thing that matters now is the PWR.

Once again the WCHA dominates and will get jobbed by the NCAA seeding process.

Thats crazy guys.

The rankings are actually pretty good again this year and lets hope the WCHA can live up to the hype we have earned "IMO" this year and not choke like we have in 6 of the last 7 seasons in the NCAA's.

I'll give the Quinnopacians credit, they are #1 in the PWR and I don't think it's even remotely possible for the Gophs to catch them. Of course we are #1 in KRACH but that doesn't count.

It's Yale all over again. The best team in that conference is constantly playing bottom dwellers in the TUC rankings and that elevates the numbers. The highest rated team Quinnipiac has played is Yale at 11, next up Providence at 16 and Union at 18, Rennselar at 19, plus 2 wins against UNO. Meanwhile the WCHA and HE teams consistently play top 12 teams. Minnesota has played consistently more challenging teams. For instance BC at 4, UND at 6, SCSU at 7, Mankato at 8, Notre Dame at 9, Denver 13, Wisconsin at 14 plus UNO and CC. The Goofs have more total games against higher ranked teams, a considerably more challenging schedule, and the only comparison team is UNO.

The crazy thing is Quinnipiac still received more votes than the U. This means, 27 people that supposedly have some hockey knowledge believe that the additional loss the Gophers have while playing a considerably more challenging schedule means that Quinnipiac is obviously the superior program.

I know in the grand scheme of things the poll means little, but I think it belittles college hockey by suggesting that these schools from weak conferences are actually better than they are. It is aggravating to me.

As a Sioux fan I have no problem disrespecting the gophers, but that doesn't mean they haven't been the best team in the country for the last few month and the rest of the country should know the truth.

Sorry, for the rant (and the back handed support for the Gophers).

As a gopher fan I am quite OK with them not being ranked #1.

I saw Quinnipiac play on NBS Sports a month or so ago. I believe they played Colgate or something. Not a powerhouse by any stretch, but I will tell you, from what I saw they move the puck VERY well and do have some skilled players.

I have no doubt they could compete with the likes of the teams in the WCHA night in and night out.

You have to remember most of those trolls voting are out East and they will do everything in their power to favor those teams.

The WCHA will get hosed every chance they get.

YOU WATCH, the Gophers and Whioux will match up in the NCAA tourney first round regional.

Yak just hope UND lands in their bracket. I understand what you are saying but some of these ranking systems go off the numbers and the Q has taken care of business much the same way the Gophers or UND might have if they played the same schedule. I have alwasy preferred KRACH over PWR but they are still #2 in K so it doesn't bother me all that much.

Also if you look at Q they seem to have a stud goalie, no superstars, but a lot of scoring depth. Makes for a good and dangerous team come the post season.

It's Yale all over again. The best team in that conference is constantly playing bottom dwellers in the TUC rankings and that elevates the numbers.

I have to agree. And Yale of a couple years ago did not have a very strong showing as I recall.

WCHA needs to figure out how to beat a certain team from out East. I know the Gophers whooped up on them earlier, but that will not matter a shred should a WCHA team meet them in F4. CC is the only team in recent memory that I can remember beating them.

I'm sorry I just don't buy into the WCHA paranoia non-sense, maybe a bit back in the day but this aint your daddy's NCAA Hockey tourney anymore.

And if you think the gophers have been or are the 1st or 2nd best team in the country here the last month or so I have some ocean front property in the Sahara desert for you too....grin

That being said Go Gophers!

And if you think the gophers have been or are the 1st or 2nd best team in the country here the last month or so I have some ocean front property in the Sahara desert for you too....grin

Just curious who you would place ahead of them if they are not even #1 or #2?

You do realize that rankings are not just what they did over the course of a given weekend right?

They havent exactly demolished everyone they played, I understand that, but there arent many (if any) teams who have done better.

If St Clown would have taken care of business on their non-conference schedule they would be an odds-on favorite, but we all know their track record in the NCAAs. Having said that I think this team is far better suited to make a push (beyond 1 win) than any other.

Quote:
You do realize that rankings are not just what they did over the course of a given weekend right?

Very much so. I don't have a problem with our rating or anybody's actually.

Quinnipiac played a 20 game stretch with only 1 loss. They have only lost ONE game on the road all year. The ratings have nothing to due with BIAS if anything based on our results which is one lucky title by duluth in the last 6 years I'd say the polls are screwing Hockey East and the CCHA here recently if anything.

Somebody posted we are playing like the best team.. I wouldn't call a 2-2-1 record when the conference title is on the line followed by 3, one goal wins against a weak Beaver team actually making us unequivocally the best team right now.

That being said I agree we have as good a chance as anybody based on the parity we have had for quite some time now in college hockey.

Very much so. I don't have a problem with our rating or anybody's actually.

Quinnipiac played a 20 game stretch with only 1 loss. They have only lost ONE game on the road all year. The ratings have nothing to due with BIAS if anything based on our results which is one lucky title by duluth in the last 6 years I'd say the polls are screwing Hockey East and the CCHA here recently if anything.

Somebody posted we are playing like the best team.. I wouldn't call a 2-2-1 record when the conference title is on the line followed by 3, one goal wins against a weak Beaver team actually making us unequivocally the best team right now.

That being said I agree we have as good a chance as anybody based on the parity we have had for quite some time now in college hockey.

Aside from Quinnipiac, I dont see another team that should be ranked ahead of us. Having said that, I could honestly care less what the Polls OR the PWR or KRACH say we are. The one thing I am convinced of is that WCHA teams will get hosed in the seeding process for NCAAs.

They have made a conscious effort to NEVER allow a Frozen Four to be teams entirely from one conference because of what happened a few years ago with the WCHA.

Undoubtedly the best 4 teams were in the Frozen Four, or at least 4 Teams that deserved to be there, but they dont want that to happen.

You will see regionals with multiple teams from the WCHA against each other. Like I said earlier, I would almost put money on it that the Gophers and Whioux will be together. They could have split them up last year, but loe and behold, they wind up together. I dont recall the last time I have seen two teams from the same conference (other that WCHA) meeting in a regional. Perhaps its because there are always so many WCHA teams, but there are 4 regionals they could surely put some in each and they didnt last year.

This where we really really really really disagree.

The one time in the last 10 years that it did appear to some "not me" that they may have seeded us to hurt us. Other then that year which was more about improving the regional potential then anything else, it was proven that other conferences have had the same issues in years to follow the so called uprising.

Like I said be as paranoid as you guys want but the bottom line is we have not been the dominate conference in college hockey as far as

NCAA tournament play goes and that is reality my friends!

Go Gophers!

Quote:
The one thing I am convinced of is that WCHA teams will get hosed in the seeding process for NCAAs.

They have made a conscious effort to NEVER allow a Frozen Four to be teams entirely from one conference because of what happened a few years ago with the WCHA.

Undoubtedly the best 4 teams were in the Frozen Four, or at least 4 Teams that deserved to be there, but they dont want that to happen.

I agree Pier, WCHA is A top conference in College Hockey. No doubt about it, from top to bottom it's usually a pretty solid and competitive conference but our track record of late in the NCAA's seems to show that our top tier can be beat by others top tier.

This where we really really really really disagree.

The one time in the last 10 years that it did appear to some "not me" that they may have seeded us to hurt us. Other then that year which was more about improving the regional potential then anything else, it was proven that other conferences have had the same issues in years to follow the so called uprising.

Like I said be as paranoid as you guys want but the bottom line is we have not been the dominate conference in college hockey as far as

NCAA tournament play goes and that is reality my friends!

Go Gophers!

Does that mean you strenuously object? In that case, I guess I change my mind.

LOL

IMO its easier for the other conferences to make it to the FF when two WCHA teams HAVE to play each other to make it there.

Its a tough process and I get that because there are always 4 or so teams from the WCHA competing whereas the other conferences get a balance of 12 slots and some of which will be autobids due to CHA or some other lame conference championship.

Its also beyond me why they continue to hold regionals and the Frozen Four in locations that rarely even have half capacity. Its embarassing to watch games at Joe Louis (Hockey Town huh?) have a rink with more than half the seats empty.

WCHA has not been as dominant lately, we've had our chances but seem to come up short a lot of the time. A lot of that can be attributed to BC going on a crazy run. These things go in cycles, we dominiated the early 2000's, in the 90's it seems like the CCHA and HE were kicking our butts. WCHA had the better of it in the 70's and 80's. One thing is for sure the all teams are very evenly matched these days and if you aren't playing on top of your game look out.

Agreed Pier, gophs aren't playing their best hockey right now. They look good at times but don't seem to have everything put together right now. Hope to see some fire in their eyes this weekend. Or maybe they need to have their azzes handed to them and get a wake up call.