• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Timberwolves 2012-2013

Scott M

1-9 in the last 10. Rough year is going to get worse. Lakers are talking about next year, Wolves should do the same.

• Replies 322
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Scott K

• Scott M

• schmitty3

• mrklean

Rubio is starting to trust his new knee. Looks quicker and is getting into the lane much easier.

I'm guessing the Gasol trade rumors are all so we can please Rubio. I wouldn't trade Love no matter how unhappy he gets.

I dont want Pau here. He is way over paid, aging, declining, and is injury prone. I know our front office is smarter then that. Now I would take his brother!

Love said he can't wait to get back on the court in mid-March.....why wouldn't they just sit him the rest of the year at this point? He has already broke his hand twice and its obvious the team is going nowhere this year.

I have been down a lot with the Wolves this year, but I recently thought about it. Love, and Buddinger will be back next month. We could easily make a decent trade for a good wingman, they could actually right this ship back to a strong finish to the season, and possibly grab a 8th seed yet. With a healthy team, they could actually do some damage in the playoffs.

Or, they could trade away some of the mid level talent, for picks, and intentionally tank for a better draft pick. Personally, I say make the trades to improve, and not give up on the season. Our young core needs the experience, and would benefit from it more in the future.

The way I see it is, we have Williams, Ridnour, JJ, DC that we could part with, to bring in a decent wing, that we could keep for next year as well. We could also throw in a pick as well. I think a combination of Williams, Luke, and this years 1st, could get us JJ Reddick. Reddick on the Wolves would be a nice addition to the starters we have, if healthy.

Rubio PG

Reddick SG

AK SF

Love PF

Peck C

Off the bench

Buddinger

Schved

Cunningham

Chris Johnson

JJ

On paper and Healthy, it looks good, I know they are 11 games below .500, but they are only 7 games out from the 8th seed.

Still have the 2013 First Round pick.

You've got Dallas, L.A., and Portland all gunning for the 8 spot on the outside looking in at Golden State, Utah, and Houston, it's not gonna be the Wolves in there. Forget this year, yet again.

I don't want to rent J.J. Reddick for a couple months for a lottery pick, Derrick Williams, and Luke Ridnour. Orlando couldn't say yes fast enough.

They are playing about .200-.250 ball with a bunch of 10 day contract guys because of all the injuries. They need to keep losing at this clip and improve their draft positioning.

Resign Pek, see if you can get Budinger cheap, exercise the team option on Cunningham, draft some help, and go get some veterans that want to play here, even if you have to overpay a little bit. They showed how little depth they had on the bench this year. If they have their heart set on trading Williams, get it done. At least he's showing some flashes with Rubio throwing him the ball.

I think we have 3 1st round picks. Some are lottery protected though.

full-17556-30048-2013draft.png

Those conditionals are for other teams; at least Kahn was smart enough to lottery protect these potential trades. Lots of scheming happening with trades these days.

Ya, I didnt quite grasp what that was saying.

We had a strong bench, until all of our starters went down, and our bench became the starters. Roy, was just a prayer, and a dumb decision by the Wolves. Sure it had a lot of up side, but to much gamble. I think Buddinger will extend his contract.

But Reddick would have to agree on an extension, and not be a rental. I would love for him to be here next year. I agree, Reddick shouldnt cost that much, I was just saying, we could trade that to get him, or a different caliber player. Not saying we should trade that much.

I wouldnt have a big problem with the Wolves tanking, except, they should try to add/trade for a starting caliber wingman that we can have for the future.

I think anyone except Rubio, Love, AK, Schved, Buddinger, and Pek shouldnt be feeling to comfortable.

Didn't get to watch the game tonight against utah but looking at the stats it looks like derrick williams improved his trading value a little. An alarming stat for the night though is only three players had assists on our team.Probably due to poor shooting but that still shouldn't happen.

I was at the Knicks game and Williams is playing pretty well. He had 24 and 16 in the last game.

I don't trust Kahn with drafting or trading players. I'm sure we won't get much for any trade. Unless the roster is set to win a championship, I doubt Rubio will stay in Minnesota for the max. We will be back to starting over in two years.

If Williams can keep up good numbers, call me stupid, but trading Love, maybe the best option this club has to win a championship.

While it is nice having an allstar power forward that can post some decent offensive numbers, and get a bunch of rebounds, he is a liability on defense. That is if he decides to play it, and not sit at the opposite end of the court, and complain to the refs. I am not saying the Wolves should be out seeking a trade, but I wouldnt hold a deaf ear to teams that are willing to throw out some ridiculous offers.

This team needs a good outside shooter or two, to open up the inside. If we had a legitimate SG, or SF that could knock down some shots, it would clear underneath the basket for Pek, and clear a lane for Rubio.

I am not giving up on the season yet, if everyone can get healthy, they can put on a good run towards the end of the season, even if they dont make the playoffs, the drive to get in to the playoffs is very beneficial to the young players on this club.

do we have a first round pick this year or did we trade that away at some point?

Doesnt matter, the meerkat will screw it up anyway. Gosh this franchise has had an epic history of gm's

This team is starting to play decent together without Love in the game, kinda like earlier this season. Williams is getting some trust from the coach, and is either increasing his trade value, or lobbying for a role on the team.

Pek is a monster, and I would really hate to see us let him go for nothing this summer. I would imagine, if he isnt dealt by 2 today, we have every intention to give him the payday he deserves.

Pek's game really revolves around having another shooter having a good game, to be a decoy inside. If no one else is hitting their shots, then there is a traffic jom in the paint, and Pek has a bad game. Pek needs to get fed under the basket, and be able to shoot without having to dribble in traffic, because he isnt a pretty dribbler.

If we can get Buddinger back, and Williams can stay hot, Pek should be a 20-20 guy with Rubio feeding him the ball inside.

Well the trading deadline has come and gone, some nice players have been dealt, but it doenst appear any moves by the Wolves.

I guess I dont understand not trying to get rid of Luke, or JJ for any other reason then to clear cap space, and playing time for Shved. Oh well, I wanst expecting the Wolves to get anybody huge, and I am actually happy they didnt deal Williams, because I would like to see him stick with us another year. He has been getting some decent minutes, and has been showing some promise.

Just seems we always have something to build around, but the house never gets finished.

Frame up the walls and let'er sit.

Garnett, Marbury and Gugliotta.

Garnett, Szerbiak, can't remember

Garnett, Spreewell, Cassell

Love, Rubio, Williams

Just wished we could keep a core around and do some consistant winning.

I think we have a decent core, they just need to be healthy.

Pek is a decent center, if we let him go, no way we can pick up a better center for the same, or less money.

AK-47 is a very good SF. Very good defense, and offense is pretty decent as well.

Love, when healthy, is the best PF in the game. nough said

Rubio has good D, great eyes, and passing skills. Offense sucks.

Buddinger would have been a nice SG for this team if healthy.

If these 5 stay healthy all year, with a above average bench, we win 50+ games this year.

So we have a decent core, we ust need them to stay healthy. AK said he will be back next season, Buddinger said he likes this group, and would love the chance to play a full year with a healthy team that is coached by Adelman. Pek, said he loves playing in MN, and doesnt see himself playing in a different city. SO, if we can resign them 3, and have a healthy season next year, there is no reason that we wont win a series, or two in the playoffs.

• 2 weeks later...

Well the Wolves have hit a wall, and barely have enough healthy active players to play 5 on 5. Maybe the NBA will allow them to play 4 on 4? Pek and AK down for the rest of the week, and doesnt sound to promising for next week either. JJ will also be taking a couple games off, more then likely from his flagrant foul last night.

On the plus side of things, since I am more of a glass half full type of fan, Williams is starting to look good, and is getting some great playing time, and taking advantage of it. He is getting plays ran through him, and designed for him(not that there are many other players left on the team to run through). To be honest, with everyone being injured, this is huge for Williams, and he is taking advantage of it, and actually giving fans something to watch for.

Rubio is still exciting to watch, but he needs to learn how to stop turnig over the ball so much, and he needs to learn how to make a layup, and a free throw.

Another good thing(maybe not so good for team benefit) is in the next couple weeks, Love, and Buddinger should be coming back, and by then, Pek, and AK should be back to the court in full health as well. We may actually get to see a few weeks of what this team should have been like all year. If nothing else, it will give the FO some thoughts as to resign Buddinger, or let him go, and to find a replacement.

With the lakers back at .500 and probably getting into the playoffs, the t-wolves have to be considered the biggest disappointment in the league!