• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Timberwolves 2012-2013

Scott M

Wish the best for Ridnour. He's a good shooter for a PG but because of Kahn's inability to find a 2 guard, got stuck playing and defending that position. He hit some big shots and never complained about his bad draw. He's a true professional. His stroke fell off a little but he's not getting the looks he should get because of how bad the Wolves offense has been for a couple years.

AK47 is going to sit a few more weeks before he either heads back to Europe or signs for less money with a middling team. He should have taken his player option but maybe its better that he didn't; the FA money is pretty well dried up at this point. The new CBA is preventing teams from spending too much money; most franchises are heavily valuing the draft pick.

Brewer's a little overpaid but they did what they had to do. Maybe he can play the role he's better suited to now.

Sounds like 4 years, 50 mill for Pek. That's actually about right when you look at what big guys are getting. Things could have played out differently this offseason and another team could have put on a big offer and stole him away or forced the Wolves to match and kill the cap space.

Pekovic

Love

Budinger

Martin

Rubio

Cunningham

Brewer

Shved

Barea

Williams

Deing

Muhammad

This team is going to battle for one of the last playoff spots out west. A lot of teams around the league are sitting idly or outright tanking to get into a nice pick in the loaded 2014 draft.

I see most of the same teams in the playoffs as last year, the top and middle won't change much. Denver is sketchy after losing Iggy, Brewer, and George Karl. The Pelicans are better, Houstin is better, the Blazers are improving, Nowitzki will be healthy all year for the Mavs. Lakers are hurting. Sacremento is bad.

It's a win-win year for the Wolves - a fun team to watch on offense, a team that could sneak into the playoffs, and even if they don't, maybe for once (yeah right) they could move up in the draft, be rewarded for not tanking, and get a good pick.

• Replies 322
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Scott K

• Scott M

• schmitty3

• mrklean

This team is going to battle for one of the last playoff spots out west.

I think (and hope) you are selling the Wolves a bit short... Barring ridiculous strings of major injuries (aka, the past two years), I think we are a mid-pack playoff team...maybe like a 4-5 seed. We didn't really lose anything, and I think our O will be better. The big ? is still defense, but we'll see how that shakes out. If we stay healthy, we're in the post-season. How far we go remains to be seen.

I'd welcome Turiaf. Don't know how they can budget for him with Pek's signing still not complete.

AK47 is going to make 3 million and back up Paul Pierce and KG. Brooklyn has a killer team - if this was 2004. AK47 has a better title shot there than MN, but that team isn't going to win it all either.

I hope you are right pikestabber...hypotehtical, we may look back on this and laugh but I'll take a shot at it...in July mind you. And I believe this is a best case scenario for a young and inexperienced T-wolves squad, I can't seed them higher than 7. Two of those teams in the 9-12 range could surprise us. Most every team in the west got better with the exception of a couple teams.

Western Standings at end of Regular Season 2013-2014

1) OKC

2) Houston

3) San Antonio

4) L.A. Clippers

5) Golden State

6) Memphis

7) Minnesota

8) L.A. Lakers

9) Dallas

10) Denver

11) Portland

12) New Orleans

13) Utah

14) Sacramento

15) Phoenix

Did anyone see that Kirilenko signed with the Nets for $3.18 million? Either he completely over estimated the market for his services or Prokhorov is feeding him cash under the table.

No way he takes a $7 million dollar pay cut for a bench role on the Nets.

I was wondering the same thing but it sounded like he wanted to play for the Nets, Russian owner and a better chance at a title

• 4 weeks later...

Big Game Beaz (Skittles)!!!!

SCOTTSDALE, Ariz. -- Forward Michael Beasley, who vowed when he joined the Phoenix Suns a year ago that his marijuana problems were in the past, has been arrested by Scottsdale police after they found what they believe to be marijuana in his car.

Beasley was arrested early Tuesday following a traffic stop, according to Officer David Pubins.

An officer found three cigarettes suspected to contain marijuana in Beasley's Mercedes after smelling marijuana during the stop, Pubins said.

Beasley was released after being cited for investigation of one felony count each of marijuana possession and possession of drug paraphernalia.

According to Pubins, court proceedings in the case will begin once results of lab tests are available.

Beasley, the No. 2 overall pick in the draft by Miami out of Kansas State in 2008, signed a three-year, $18 million contract with the Suns a year ago. But he went on to have a disappointing, inconsistent season, averaging career lows of 10.1 points and 3.8 rebounds in 75 games as Phoenix compiled the worst record in the Western Conference and second worst in franchise history. He shot 40.5 percent from the field, also a career worst.

Marijuana issues followed Beasley to Arizona.

In June 2011, Beasley was ticketed for possessing marijuana and speeding in a Minneapolis suburb. He also has acknowledged that while playing for Miami, he twice violated the NBA's drug policy and entered a treatment facility in 2009.

At a news conference following his signing with the Suns, Beasley pointedly said he was through with marijuana.

"I realize 10 minutes of feeling good is not really worth putting my life and my career and my legacy in jeopardy," he said then, "so I'm confident to say that that part of my career, that part of my life, is over and won't be coming back."

Shabazz "can't keep it in his Pantz" Muhammad was sent home from Rookie Transistion Camp for bringing a lady friend back to his room a couple hours after they had a rules meeting letting the players know that was not allowed.

#abovethelaw

Well the wolves wanted someone who could score. I guess they found their guy.

Quote:
Well the wolves wanted someone who could score. I guess they found their guy.

Ha!

Insert the rim shot emoticon here.

Quote:
The Timberwolves and Nikola Pekovic agreed to terms on a long-term contract.

ESPN's Marc Stein reports the deal is for five years and is worth $60 million. The deal also includes up to $8 million in additional incentive-related bonuses. The deal ends a summer-long saga that saw both sides dancing around an agreement. In the end, Pekovic gets his long-term security and the Wolves get their preferred average annual value of $12 million.

I thought we were only allowed to give out 1 5 year deal. So does that mean Pek is getting our only 5 year deal? I wonder how Love and Rubio will feel about that?

No limit on number of years, just one player can make the maximum salary.

$12 mill was about what I thought it would settle in at. He could have gotten that elsewhere.

r u sure he could get that else where? No one even offered him a contract. I think it is market value for him and I am happy they signed him. Starting Five RUBIO/MARTIN/BUDINGER/LOVE/PEK with Brewer/Barea/Cunningham/Williams/Turiaf,Muhammed coming off the bench...not a bad looking squad... We have a great defense team to shut teams down in the backcourt with Rubio/Brewer/Cunningham or Budinger. I like our chances to make some noise this year!! GO WOLVES!!!!

I think i have said this 3 years in a row now, hopefully we can stay healthy laugh

Ha! I'm in that same broken record club wink

• 4 weeks later...

Quote:
The Timberwolves have hired former Wizards vice president Milt Newton as general manager.

Flip Saunders will still be pulling the strings, while Newton is expected to focus more on scouting and personnel.

Quote:
The Minnesota Timberwolves have promoted David Adelman to an assistant coach and hired Bobby Jackson as a player development coach.

The Timberwolves made the moves official on Monday. Adelman, the son of Wolves head coach Rick Adelman, had served as a player development coach the past two seasons. Player development coaches generally are considered a stepping stone position to a full assistant position. When Bill Bayno left for Toronto, it opened up a spot on the staff for another full assistant.

Jackson comes on board to take David Adelman's spot. He starred for the University of Minnesota and led the Gophers to the Final Four in 1997. That run was later vacated by an academic fraud scandal.

Jackson played for Rick Adelman in Sacramento and Houston.