• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Knife sharpening stones

Boar

I have a lansky system an either im going about it all wrong or im going about all wrong, he he... anyway wat do u guys use, i have one of those ceramic hand hleds that seems to work good till the ceramic gets coated then have to wash it off. Diamond systems? dont want a top dallor thingy either. Thanks

i Use to mess around with the sharpening stones until I bought a chef's choice electric sharpener. Was a little spendy at $120 but there is not a dull knife in the house. Very quick and easy to use.

i Use to mess around with the sharpening stones until I bought a chef's choice electric sharpener. Was a little spendy at $120 but there is not a dull knife in the house. Very quick and easy to use.

I will second the Chef's Choice!!! I can sharpen all the kitchen knives and fillet knives in less than 10 minutes!!! When I was using a stone, it took 10 minutes per knife. I have better things to do with my time.

Check out the work sharp knife and tool sharpener. A buddy of mine has one and they are sweet. North. Tool has them for like $70. The neat thing is you can use different grit belts and if you remove the blade jig you can sharpen all sorts of tools from axes to shovels.

WhoKnows, I have looked at those, but I fear grinding off too much of the blade, has your buddy experienced something like too much blade being taken off (heavy handed and going slowly, etc)

• 10 years later...

I have a chefs choice knife sharpener I bought from cabelas. It works fine, but I went back to sharpening my knives on a diamond stone. Would be interested in trading for any type of rod. Or I can give you some of my rods or gaffs to practice on. 

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Builders
42 minutes ago, MichaelLinda said:

I have a chefs choice knife sharpener I bought from cabelas. It works fine, but I went back to sharpening my knives on a diamond stone. Would be interested in trading for any type of rod. Or I can give you some of my rods or gaffs to practice on. 

Please post pictures.  

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Builders
1 hour ago, MichaelLinda said:

sure, I will

image.png.780895fdeb3397d37b8f922f09668e2f.png