• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Who do you all use for propane? The tank on my place is owned by Fer..gas and I'm having a heck of a time with them. Trying to get set up with a new account and they never send me the forms, been going on for several weeks. I guess the local source closed down and now it's serviced out of Grand Rapids (I believe). Sure would think it costs me more to get it out of G.Rapids than someplace closer-will maybe.

Do you have your own tank or did you just get the tank from FG? If you just signed to lease the tank from FG you may be stuck with them or pay a tank fee if you don't fill every year. If it's your own tank check out one of the barging companies on this web site as they also do propane delivery.

StillFishin'

Lakes Gas in Cook, or there is a little place as on the corner by the guy that used to run the hardware store.

You have road access, right? I use 100 lb bottles and get them exchanged at Lakes Gas. If you need deliveries, I can't help.

The tank was there when we bought the place. It's about 40% full. From what I understand, they own the tank. We are wknd warriors, but we will leave the heat on throughout the winter. I get laid-off for a month or two during the winter, so, I'll be using it alot. It is road access.

Do you have any documents saying that FG owns the tank? If you do when you bought the palace you may be stuck with a yearly tank charge- If you don't fill with them yearly. If you have no agreement but they harass you you may be able to change supers. Ask them to prove they own the tank.

Te following may or not be of help to your situation but here is some of my problems.

I have had an on going problem with them when they wanted me to pay a tank rental fee after not hearing from them for 25 years and longer from the previous owners of our place(water access). The log cabin was built in 1924 and whose knows when propane was added. And I filled with them every other year for 25 years(we only use propane for heating water). So after 25 years they wanted to charge me a rental fee when when I didn't fill with them ever year. I didn't have any document that FG owned the tank nor did the previous own mention any thing. I would call the local guy FG and he waved the tank fee.

I haven't heard anything lately and will need a fill next year.

StillFilshin'

Talk to them, but if they are too difficult you could tell them to come and get their tank, and have someone else like Lakes Gas put one in. They have seemed like nice people when I trade bottles. You drive right by their place, it is straight down river street just past the lumberyard.

FG has been great to work with in my experience, plus their prices have always been less than Lakes Gas, based on my 4 years of experience. Be sure you compare prices before you switch. I suspect both services will charge a tank rental fee if you don't fill at least once per year, but will waive the fee if you do.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Your Responses - Share & Have Fun :)

• mulefarm
      With the early ice out, how is the curlyleaf pondweed doing?
    • LakeofthewoodsMN
      On the south end...   The big basin, otherwise known as Big Traverse Bay, is ice free.  Zippel Bay and Four Mile Bay are ice free as well.  Everything is shaping up nicely for the MN Fishing Opener on May 11th. With the walleye / sauger season currently closed, most anglers are targeting sturgeon and pike.  Some sturgeon anglers are fishing at the mouth of the Rainy River, but most sturgeon are targeted in Four Mile Bay or the Rainy River.  Hence, pike are the targeted species on the south shore and various bays currently.   Pike fishing this time of year is a unique opportunity, as LOW is border water with Canada, the pike season is open year round. The limit is 3 pike per day with one being able to be more than 40 inches. All fish 30 - 40 inches must be released. Back bays hold pike as they go through the various stages of the spawn.  Deadbait under a bobber, spinners, spoons and shallow diving crankbaits are all viable options.   Four Mile Bay, Bostic Bay and Zippel Bay are all small water and boats of various sizes work well. On the Rainy River...  Great news this week as we learned sturgeon will not be placed on the endangered species list by the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service.     The organization had to make a decision by June 30 and listing sturgeon could have ended sturgeon fishing.  Thankfully, after looking at the many success stories across the nation, including LOW and the Rainy River, sturgeon fishing and successful sturgeon management continues.   A good week sturgeon fishing on the Rainy River.  Speaking to some sturgeon aficionados, fishing will actually get even better as water temps rise.     Four Mile Bay at the mouth of the Rainy River near the Wheeler's Point Boat Ramp is still producing good numbers of fish, as are various holes along the 42 miles of navigable Rainy River from the mouth to Birchdale.   The sturgeon season continues through May 15th and resumes again July 1st.   Oct 1 - April 23, Catch and Release April 24 - May 7, Harvest Season May 8 - May 15, Catch and Release May 16 - June 30, Sturgeon Fishing Closed July 1 - Sep 30, Harvest Season If you fish during the sturgeon harvest season and you want to keep a sturgeon, you must purchase a sturgeon tag for $5 prior to fishing.    One sturgeon per calendar year (45 - 50" inclusive, or over 75"). Most sturgeon anglers are either a glob of crawlers or a combo of crawlers and frozen emerald shiners on a sturgeon rig, which is an 18" leader with a 4/0 circle hook combined with a no roll sinker.  Local bait shops have all of the gear and bait. Up at the NW Angle...  A few spots with rotten ice, but as a rule, most of the Angle is showing off open water.  In these parts, most are looking ahead to the MN Fishing Opener.  Based on late ice fishing success, it should be a good one.  
    • leech~~
      Nice fish. I moved to the Sartell area last summer and just thought it was windy like this everyday up here? 🤭
    • Rick G
      Crazy windy again today.... This is has been the norm this spring. Between the wind and the cold fronts, fishing has been more challenging for me than most years.  Panfish have been moving in and out of the shallows quite a bit. One day they are up in the slop, the next they are out relating to cabbage or the newly sprouting lilly pads.  Today eye guy and I found them in 4-5 ft of water, hanging close to any tree branches that happened to be laying in the water.  Bigger fish were liking a 1/32 head and a Bobby Garland baby shad.   Highlight of the day way this healthy 15incher
    • monstermoose78
    • monstermoose78
      As I typed that here came a hen.  IMG_7032.mov   IMG_7032.mov
    • monstermoose78
      So far this morning nothing but non turkeys. 
    • monstermoose78
      Well yesterday I got a little excited and let a turkey get to close and I hit the blind!!
    • smurfy
      good......you?? living the dream..in my basement playing internet thug right now!!!!!! 🤣 working on getting the boat ready.......bought a new cheatmaster locator for the boat so working on that.   waiting for warmer weather to start my garden!!!
    • monstermoose78
      How is everyone doing? Holy moly it’s chilly this morning I stayed in bed and will hunt later today when it warms up.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.