• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Are you average?

matchset

Both the wife and I are slightly over the "average".

I am around 40% and the wife, being new is 33.3%.

We believe in selective harvest and chasing the "1".

Guess I have always been an average kind of guy...so this is looking up! grin

I assure you thats what it is trigger! And in areas allowing 5 management tags, many go unfilled.

Ive eaten tag soup PLENTY! I think for every 5 tags you DONT fill, they ought to give you a free one.

In the past few years I hardly see a deer in MN. There are literally no doe tags issues in my area.

Between turkey and deer, I eat a lot of tag soup every year. I just like to hunt whitetails. I think I pass on deer, just so I can keep hunting until the end of ML season. Being a managed area this year, I will have to be selective. I don't know what I would do if I ever tagged out early.

Average? Do you know what it means to be average? Well, you're the best of the lousiest and the lousiest of the best. grin

For you fortunate ones that live in intensive areas and have lots of does around, I'd be willing to buy your bonus tag and tag team on a doe hunt! I've sat 3 times this year and have had does under me twice and want to draw back and shoot sooo bad, but can't! Well I could, but don't want to use my main tag on a doe. I'm sure many of you can relate. If anyone wants to help me put some straps in the freezer for my family, we'd sure appreciate it! smile

Don't feel bad, I am the self proclaimed worlds worst turkey hunter. I have gotten 1 jake in 10 years.

Im not much better 2 jakes in 9 years lol... But when it comes to deer I have never not filled my buck tag 12 years and counting and my total deer tally is ~35ish lost count all but 7 with the bow... Ive been fortunate to have been born into a family that is passionate for hunting but I still remember my nickname that my Grandpa used to call me when I started bowhunting "El Miss-o" frown