• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Going to fish Lake Vermillion for first time 9/29-10/6 and am looking for some suggestions on where to catch some northern pike, muskie, and small mouth. Staying at Vermillion Dam Lodge and would appreciate any insight from the forum!

Thanks

If Ed's assistance putting us on the fish is anything like it has been in booking our stay, then I'm in for a real treat. I haven't even been there yet but I'm already blown away by the service.

The clients at VDL switch over to mostly muskie fishermen this time of the year, so muskies will be the main focus. Of course the muskie fishermen are a little more private about their spots, but the walleye fishermen are generally more open about their success. Just read this forum in the days before you arrive and then check with Ed to get his advice and you should be fine. Be careful about the deadheads in Van Riper bay if you fish there (it's close to VDL). You will like this location as you can access both the West end and the East end from this lodge, so you have more options. It's crappy weather right now, but I hope to get out some this week-end and early next week so I can let you know. When do you leave?

We are actually leaving from Nebraska next Friday afternoon (29th) with a stay over in Twin Cities and getting into camp Saturday mid-day. We are staying for the week so I'm sure we'll see some ebbs and flows with the bite. We are honestly looking to catch some bigger northern pike, so hopefully the muskie guys won't feel too intimidated. I don't think VDL's muskie tourney is until the weekend we leave. I would appreciate any help from the forum.

Thanks!