• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

25 yamaha four stroke probs

Fishing Junky

Question

Hey guys. Used my boat the other day for the first time this year. Started it in the yard before I went to make sure all was well. Started right up and ran great. Went fishing with it. Trolled for a long time real nice. Went full throttle for a half mile and brought it back down to idle. The motor ran rough and died. Could not start it so pulled plugs since I did squeeze the bulb to check if it was hard. It was. Plugs had gas so cleaned them up and barely got it going. Trolled another couple hours and it ran great. Went full throttle again to landing and the darn thing wanted to die again when I brought it back down to idle, barely getting to the dock. What do you think? Sticky float? Will seafoam help me? Thanks for your help, Junky...........

3 answers to this question

Thanks for the suggestion WR. Filter holder might be loose and sucking air? Will check it out. Junky.............

Any more ideas guys? Thanks, Junky........