• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Golden Gophers

JBMasterAngler

Gophers beat the tide last time they played smile 20-16, 2004 music city bowl. Game was essentially a home game for alabama.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JBMasterAngler

• Big Dave2

• LMITOUT

• zepman

Gophers beat the tide last time they played smile 20-16, 2004 music city bowl. Game was essentially a home game for alabama.

How do you think that game would go the last 3 years?

Congratulations. At the highest point that the Gophers have been at in the last 30 years they could finally beat a quality team when they are at their lowest point in 30 years. Yep, I'd hang my hat on that one if I were you.

I still can't believe the gopher bashing I've seen with comments after articles on gopher football in both the Mpls and St. Paul fishwraps. Sure they got humbled by Iowa on the road and the rest of the season will be tough, but a 6 or 7 win heck a 5 win season is showing some progress. Some just love to throw college kids and coaches under the bus>

I still can't believe the gopher bashing I've seen with comments after articles on gopher football in both the Mpls and St. Paul fishwraps. Sure they got humbled by Iowa on the road and the rest of the season will be tough, but a 6 or 7 win heck a 5 win season is showing some progress. Some just love to throw college kids and coaches under the bus>

5 wins is a good season when the first 4 are gimme's?

A good season is a relative thing. Last year we would have lost 3 out 4 of those gimmes. The Gophers are still going to be at the bottom of the Big 10 but maybe, just maybe we are heading in the right direction.

I just hope people don't settle for another lousy bowl game as the mark for success.

You guys should pick a real college football program to follow.

bama14.jpg

The Republicans have won something like 6 of the last 10 Presidential elections and the Democrats 4 of the last 10 while Libertarians have won exactly 0. So by your logic you must be voting for Romney and a real political party to follow. grin

you a Yankee fan too?

Nope, never lived in New York so I have no ties but I don't whine about them being good either.

Mediocre is an improvement at this point in the program, a step up from ##itty. I'd take any bowl game this year provided we see some progress each year. It's tough to beat teams that are playing 4's and 5's when the gophers are playing 2's and 3's. Recruiting needs to get better every year, that's my major concern.

Nope, never lived in New York so I have no ties but I don't whine about them being good either.

What didja major in at 'Bama?

I guess I figured you were just latching on to a winning team.

My diploma on the wall says University of Minnesota. I'm a gopher fan in sickness and health, for richer or poorer... and I don't whine about them being bad either.

SKI-U-MAH!!

What didja major in at 'Bama?

I guess I figured you were just latching on to a winning team.

My diploma on the wall says University of Minnesota. I'm a gopher fan in sickness and health, for richer or poorer... and I don't whine about them being bad either.

SKI-U-MAH!!

I wish I had a degree from the U of A! No I was born down in that area and moved to Minnesota when I was 10. I've been a Bama fan my whole life and a southerner at heart.

Fair enough. Still a Cardinals fan myself after my first 25 years in Mizzura. Go Redbirds! Twins fan too, but I'm a home team traitor in the case of '91 rematch, not that that is gonna happen anytime soon grin

Actually, time for a post season avatar change!

Get grey oughta there before its to late. Sartell is a baller. Are the gophers blind. Grey sux. Duh he was injured. thats all mobile quarterbacks are good for. a pile a injuries

Shortell is a baller? I liked him at 1st, but he has proven in the last 2 games that he is NOT a starting QB! Of course it's not like our receivers or o-line are all that great either frown Northwestern's defense is not good at all, so for us to only score 13 (at home nonetheless), proves everything I just said. This game shows me we'll maybe win the purdue and illinois games, which will get us into a bowl game, Any chance of any upset wins this were are thrown out the window!

Gophs stink.

The only teams they can beat area lessr schools or teams who are worthless.

Big Ten, maybe 2 wins for the season?

Gophs stink.

The only teams they can beat area lessr schools or teams who are worthless.

Big Ten, maybe 2 wins for the season?

Sounds pretty optimistic to me. grin

Called being realistic Big Dave, I do not live in fantasy world hoping the Gophers can win in the Big 10. Yes, we can win those other games when we play less of an opponent but when it comes to the Big Ten, we suck.

Let's talk when the Gophers can at least be a .500 team in the Big 10.

That will be a few years for sure. Keep living in your fantasy world.

Called being realistic Big Dave, I do not live in fantasy world hoping the Gophers can win in the Big 10. Yes, we can win those other games when we play less of an opponent but when it comes to the Big Ten, we suck.

Let's talk when the Gophers can at least be a .500 team in the Big 10.

That will be a few years for sure. Keep living in your fantasy world.

Harvey you better read my post again. I was saying that your prediction of 2 wins in the big 10 is a bit optimistic. My prediction would be 0 wins in the big ten. I am certainly NOT living in a fantasy world, my favorite college football team happens to be #1 in the BCS polls this week.

Gophers athletic director Norwood Teague graduated from the University of North Carolina, so he is well aware of his alma mater's reputation as a basketball school.

Apparently, Teague and Jerry Kill operate under the assumption that the Tar Heels suddenly are a football powerhouse, too.

The Gophers backed out of their home-and-home series with North Carolina in 2013-14 in favor of trying to find a lesser opponent. The kicker is even more of a doozy: The Gophers paid North Carolina $800,000 to cancel the series. That's right, an athletic department that struggles to make budget every year is forking over $800,000 to avoid playing North Carolina.

That would be comical if it weren't so pathetic.

We're not talking about canceling a game against Alabama. Or Southern California. Or even South Carolina.

No, somehow Kill has convinced Teague that for the good of building his program, it's wise if they avoid playing a road game against an opponent that presumably resides in their weight class.

Unreal.

This is pretty sad to hear. As we're seeing this season, playing non conference cupcakes isn't helping us for the big ten. Kill is really taking some steps backwards this season. I'm not looking forward to the upcoming wisconsin game eek

The Gophers paid North Carolina $800,000 to cancel the series. That's right, an athletic department that struggles to make budget every year is forking over $800,000 to avoid playing North Carolina.

I'm pretty sure the gopher athletic dept has been coming up about 1 or 2 million short for a while now.

Well, the Gophers have found out that North Dakota and South Dakota are over their heads too so they can't play them anymore. They might be able to find a couple of high school teams in the Minnesota River conference they could beat. grin