• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Hey guys, I will be heading down that way to reunite with a buddy that I have not seen in 15 years and I plan on taking him fishing (because that is what we always did) and he hasn't been fishing in like 5 years. So I am just wondering how the fishing is on these two lakes. I have read in past post that these lakes always has winter kills. So I am wondering if the lakes have rebounded yet or should I try another lake. He lives in Vernon Center and these two lakes are the closest to his house. Any info would be appreciated.

or st.james tons of fish to be caught there. Lots of northerns with a bunch of really nice perch. You will also have a chance at some nice crappies, gills, and bass. However, if you want walleyes I would go with my first suggestion.

I would agree with what has been posted in replies. Take the time to go to Hanska, St. James, Madison, or Washington, in spite of more driving. Loon and Crystal are still recovering so their fish communities are dominated by abundant, young fish. Lots of bullheads in both right now, too.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for all the info! I have decided to head to Madison Lake after talking to a few friends who have cabins on lakes around there. Hopefully we catch something. I will post pictures if we get into them!

I will be out in a black Alumacraft Dominator with a 90 yamaha 4 stroke. Stop by and say hi if you see me out there and we can swap fishing reports. See you guys out there in a couple of days.