• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

co-pilot review

leechlake

Question

The remote is way too small, this weekend with gloves on the remote buttons are so small and so close together that you can't operate it without a lot of effort. It did respond well and if it weren't for the different beeps (two for power off one for every other control) I couldn't tell what I was doing many times. I wouldn't be surprised if in a year or two the thing is totally different.

2 answers to this question

I really was impressed with mine. I fished from the back deck of my boat all weekend and it seemed to work great. I used it on my right wrist which seemed to work well. I can see how it would be impossible to use with gloves, but I try to avoid fishing with gloves. Tried three different pairs on Saturday and can't feel a nibble with any of them. Overall, I really like the co-pilot.

I really liked mine a lot nicer than the foot control. I agree I think the remote is too small also some type of indicator telling you the speed setting.