• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Sat.-SEPT 29th-Drop In for LOTS of FREE Prize Drawings-Mille Lacs Trolling Seminars

Rick

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Creators

Location Change:

McQuoids Inn Event Center proudly hosts the HSO Fall Trolling GTG.

Put on and organized by Mille Lacs Lake Fishing Guide Brad Hawthorne. smile

Come join fellow HSO Staff, HSO members, family, and friends at McQuoids Inn Event Center for the HSO Fall Trolling Get Together. Come for the fun, fishing, or Free seminars to include Full Moon Trolling and the Ice Fishing Preview - FREE prizes too.

Leave with some nice walleye catches under your belt.

This event is open to the public and best of all it's FREE!

Event Schedule: Start 3:30 PM Saturday September 29th

3:30-4:30: Seminar and new product presentations at the McQuoids Inn Event Center

(Click Here to see how nice this is).

The buffet will be open ($10.95)

Nothing better than shooting the bull with other trollers, eating great food, listening to fishing seminars, having chances at FREE FISHING GEAR and learning about powerful new fishing information, technology and products for the upcoming ice fishing season.

4:30- FREE PRIZE Drawings

4:45 Photo Derby rules meeting, must be present to sign up.

5:00-6:00 Dinner for those wishing to participate in the buffet.

6:00 Let the trolling begin

For the Big Fish photo contest we have great stuff!, we will

be awarding HSO Fall Trolling plaques to the 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th place

winners...this is your chance to put some wood on the wall before winter!.

For those interested in making a weekend out of it. Lodging is $100 per person (2 nights) based upon double occupancy and includes the Buffet. Check-in would be noon on Friday and Check out would be noon on Sunday. Groups of three or more would be at the rate of $90 per person (2 nights) and also would include the Buffet.

Ohhh and this is 1st Class accomodations folks, Your wife, girlfriend or friends will be impressed with McQuoids Inn

added 8/30/12:

Clam/Ice Team will be at the Mille Lacs event on Sept 29 up at McQuoids Inn.

Mike Smith (aka Smitty) will be representing Clam and Ice Team at the event. He will drive up with a trailer full of gear.

added 8/31: Mille Lacs Guides and Pros "Tony Roach & Brad Hawthorne" will be giving seminars on how to hook up with Mille Lacs walleyes just before we go out fishing. They will also be talking a little ice fishing.

ADDED 9/2: Northland Fishing Tackle will be given out to a lot of folks who attend.

ADDED 9/12: Lindy will be doing a lure goodie bag for you folks. They will have an unveiling and product explanation of their new ice product for this Ice season by Lindy's Brand Manager, Gregg Thorne.

ADDED 9/12: Hans Engholm with Mr. Heater will bring a tank top heater from Mr. Heater to be used as a door prize.

More details and prize info will follow...

To Follow this topic and get updates [color:#990000]click on "Topic Options" below left and make this a "Watched Topic" for yourself.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Rick

• Walleyehooker

• Northlander

• firefish_12

Here is how the walleyes have been biting on Mille Lacs lately (Trolling of course). And it only gets better as the eyes start putting on the feedbag fattening up for winter. September 29th is full moon phase when the big girls come out to play laugh

More videos at HSOshow.com

With any luck Tony Roach will be a speaker at the seminar on the 29th.

Make plans now....You gotta be there. smile

"> " type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350">

It's a full moon and information will be provided to help you take advantage?

Will we see YOU out catching a few eyes and chasing that trophy walleye on the 29th?

I have been wanting to go to this for several years now. I've never been up there for the FALL get together, but I'll try to make this one. I'll need to find a babysitter for my kid, he's not QUITE old enough to be doing the night trolling thing yet. Gotta give him a couple years yet.

I've stayed with Paul (Appeldoorn's) a couple times during the summer , and I've gone out of there a few times during the winter. It is most definitely a FIRST CLASS operation they run there. It's a bargain compared to some of the other places I've been on the lake where I would be embarrassed to bring my wife (or even some of my friends). Paul and the gang have it going on and you're right, it's FAMILY friendly.

I can't wait!!!!

I've been trolling for fall eyes at night on Mille Lacs for a very long timne. It's hard to imagine how these fish pack it on in the fall. These fish are hungry and generally up shallow chasing baitfish which makes trolling cranks a vrey effective presentation. You never know what you'll catch as all the predators are up feeding. When you bait gets whacked it could be a trophy eye, a monster muskie, a huge pike or a hawg of a smallie.

DSC00580.jpg

Jeff46inchMuskie10-29-04.jpg

Jeffsmallie.jpg

Should be a blast as Appeldoorns has top notch accomodations.

smile

I have caught so many big fish on Mille Lacs this year the fall get-together should be even better.

smile

I'm pretty new to this

But I'm wondering what kind of crankscolors work best

And do u need line counter reels ir if u can just flatline the cranks baits by just casting behind the boat

I use line counters but a friend of mine just slings a crank out there with a spinning rod and reel and catches just as many fish and sometimes more. One reason is his crank is out there sooner than mine and I think you can get a better feel of how the crank is running with a lighter spinning rod. Shad raps and husky jerk type baits in bright and dark colors are good choices.Clown,firetiger,blue/silver are just some of my favorites but it seems every year a different plug or two stands out.

I have a room booked for that date up there so I might have to stop by and sign up for the fishing derby.

I'm looking forward to it....heck, I'm looking forward to autumn anyways. Add in some good advice about trolling, and some folks from HSO, and it should be a good time. smile

I'm pretty new to this

But I'm wondering what kind of crankscolors work best

And do u need line counter reels ir if u can just flatline the cranks baits by just casting behind the boat

I have done it both with and with out the line counter reels. Tie a bobber stop at 100 feet as a reference point as the amount of line out can make all the difference sometimes.

As far as colors go I like darker natural baits when it's cloudly or little moon and brighter chrome baits when the moon is shining. Some of my favorites are rapala floating raps, husky jerks and x raps in the 10 thru 13 sizes. I also like storm thundersticks. Smithwich rogues and super rogues. Bomder long A also get time.

I'll be up on the north end that weekend... Maybe I should make a run down. Any festivities going on at Paul's? Besides trolling...

Absolutely! Guest speaker so far is Tony Roach.

There will be information shared on Upcoming & NEW products for the upcoming ice fishing season.

There is a drawing for FREE Prizes.

There is a Dinner before heading out.

And there is a photo contest with Awards for those entered (FREE).

I sure Hope Appledorns will have rooms available as I won't know till about 5 days b4 the weekend comes

I might have to go buy me one of those trolling set ups

I do have quite a few rapalas to try out now

Mostly husky jerks and shad raps

Look forward to meeting some new folks as well

Oo yeah a bon fire does sound great

And my post was deleted for what reason? I posted right above "firefish_12" and it's gone... Hmmm...

So you're telling me there WON'T be a social time after all the "formal" events or what? I ask only because I can't make it to those. If there's nothing happening after that, besides the trolling, I won't waste the gas running half way across the lake. Especially at night.

Sure would be nice to see you guys though... And catch up a bit. Haven't been to a FM event in years.

Man I have a tuff choice. Fish a 1 day TPWA Tourney or come to the Fall Trolling event. Im coming to Appledorns and enjoying some FM/HSO company.

I cant wait! This is always a blast and the food and cabins are awesome.

Do most of u guys use mono or a braid line for trolling cranks???

I use PP braid. Trolling over rocks, mono will bust trying to save your $5 lure.

I haven't trolled the pond this year but if its like my local lakes, no more than 5 FOW over rocks = money. smile

On ML I prefer Rapala HJ 10 Ghost, or Salmo Hornets.

Also remember, night bite doesn't always mean trolling. Stock up on leeches as they may be gone by that time. A Leech on a slip bobber over certain reefs can be KILLER. smile

I've been to a couple of these, and for you guys that are wondering if it's worth it or not, it's worth it! A great time for sure. Tony Roach is a wealth of knowledge on this lake, and with the discussion of the new ice gear coming out this will be a must see.

I've been to a couple of these, and for you guys that are wondering if it's worth it or not, it's worth it! A great time for sure. Tony Roach is a wealth of knowledge on this lake, and with the discussion of the new ice gear coming out this will be a must see.

Not only have I been to a bunch of these, I've helped run a few. These are a great time and if y'all can find the time... It'll be worth it.

My commitments run well into and past all the formal dealings at Paul's. I have no choice but to miss it. Duty calls, and all that.

Clam/Ice Team will be at the Mille Lacs event on Sept 29 up at Appledorns.

Mike Smith (aka Smitty) will be representing Clam and Ice Team at the event. He will drive up with a trailer full of gear. smilelaugh

Don't wait to make your meal reservations at Appledoorn's Sunset Bay Resort.

Call: 320.676.8834

If you want the Lodging with FREE Meal for 2 nights at $100/person better hurry cause these are going fast.

Again at: Appledoorn's Sunset Bay Resort.

Mille Lacs Guides and Pros "Tony Roach & Brad Hawthorne" will be giving seminars on how to hook up with Mille Lacs walleyes just before we go out fishing. They will also be talking a little ice fishing.

If you want the Lodging with FREE Meal for 2 nights at $100/person better hurry cause these are going fast.

Northland Fishing Tackle will be given out to a lot of folks who attend.

Rick, your killing us with all these great offers! I can't WAIT!

A reminder, the wind is typically calm at night, so those of you on the fence because of a smaller vessel, no worries! a 14' will do just as well as a 20' glass boat at night. You do not need to go far from Appledoorns to hit the sweet spot. Hope to meet a lot of new folks up there!