• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Nishioka, geez,

DonBo

In this his fourth game, he's got 3 errors, should have had two more today (so far) that were not called that have led to 4 unearned runs. He's also 0 for 11 at the plate.

I know we paid a lot of money for this guy, but how many more games can we afford to lose because of this stiff?

Agreed. I was stunned they brought him back at all (c'mon, a lemon is a lemon! His numbers stunk in AAA!). Then when they DO bring him back, he continues or even compounds his previous poor play and may have cost us the game today. I say cut your losses and move on. He is never going to be a major leaguer. He just doesn't have the stuff, and that's the way it is.

Bert really blasted him on today's broadcast...said the guy

has no business being in the big leagues...he cost the Twins

4 runs today. Maybe Boston will take him too.

The worst player I've ever seen in the major leagues.

Totally lost. Clueless in the field.

He still can't get in position for a cutoff.

Today was absolutely brutal .... again.

What did he cost us ? 14 million ?

Write it off and let him go.

Guy's a joke. Target execs must have had some Japanese 'wigs' in town so they brought him up for that. :P kidding of course.

We just have to ride it out until Plouffe is back. However, I refuse to believe we didn't have someone else that we couldn't have brought up instead. I'm kinda' enjoying this train wreck though smile Interested in seeing how much worse it can really get.

Let's hope the Twins are just giving him one more shot to try and prove he belongs in the big leagues. Face it, the Twins have nothing to lose in 2012. If he costs us a game or two now it's not going to have an impact on the pennant race. Some guys just implode on the big stage and so far he is one of them!

Cut our losses and send him to another team if that is even possible or a plane ticket back to Japan.

I heard from someone in the office he was sent back down today... hopefully he stays there... that was painful.

Good LUck!

Ken

According to an MLB article posted two hours ago, he is starting against the Rays tonight...

According to an MLB article posted two hours ago, he is starting against the Rays tonight...

Weird because they dont play tonight

I looked it up on line, looks like he is sticking around until they have Plouffe firmly in place.

Too bad, I like the report from the guy in the office better!

Good Luck!

Ken

Fireworks after the game tonight. Maybe they'll queue up a rocket to go off for his first base hit. lol

I think I could do better the Nishyicky. At least I can hit a fast ball. Although, my fielding abilities are about par with his.

OAKLAND, Calif. -- The Twins have outrighted right-hander Nick Blackburn and infielder Tsuyoshi Nishioka, taking both off the 40-man roster on Monday, Aug. 20. Both players are still in the team's system but have been through and cleared waivers.

Both will play at Triple-A Rochester.

Blackburn, 30, has been a pitching rotation mainstay since 2009 and signed a four-year, $14 million extension before the 2010 season that will pay him $5.5 million in 2013. Nishioka, 28, signed a three-year, $9.25 million contract in November 2010 after winning the Japan League batting title.

The Twins now have 38 players on the 40-man roster and said they will make a corresponding move to add a player to the active roster on Tuesday. That they cleared space on the 40-man seems to indicate it will be a player who has yet to play for Minnesota, such as right-handed pitcher Esmerling Vasquez.

Team officials were not immediately available for comment.

Last year we blamed Nishi a bit for our poor season, we're no better this year without him. He is the most fortunate millionaire. Maybe it's his chain smoking marlboro's that has set him back ? I don't think we'd allow him to be bat boy at this point.

Heard roger clemons was pitching for some amateur team maybe we could trade for him laugh

I've been to some Skeeters games before, it's fun stuff. Almost thought about going back to H-town to visit friends and catch a Clemens game, would be a blast regardless of his 87mph fastball.

I heard it's cheaper to buy a rocket than pay to watch the Rocket pitch in a Skeeter game. Something like $500 for front row, $100 for general admission. I'm assuming tickets to their games are normally in line with Saints tickets.