• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Mounting Transducer

dnoz

Question

I am replacing my depth finder on my boat and I have a question about sealing and mounting the new transducer.

I am removing the old transducer and I am not able to reuse the screw holes for my new tranducer. What is the best way to seal up the old holes. (I hate having to drill holes in my boat)

Also the manual says that you should mount the tranducer so that the center of the transducer is in line with the bottom of the boat. If I do this will the water tip the tranducer up every time I am running full throttle. Any indight on how to mount the tranducer is appreciated.

I purchased a new Eagle FishMark 320 after reviewing the reviews on this site. I can't wait to try it our this weekend!!

2 answers to this question

I'd suggest you buy a Transducer Mounting Plate, they are only 10-14 bucks and will save your Transom.

If you can't re-use the old holes an you must fill them, use a clear flexible Silicone to fill them; you might even fill the holes with your old screws and some of the sealer but that looks a little ugly.

As for the Ducer, you can tighten the brackets to prevent the ducer from rotating or coming loose at full-throttle. You should have been provided a diagram from the Mfg. for exact Ducer placement on the transom and positioning below the hull for max. signal and especially to ensure the signal goes straight down rather than to one side or the other.

Good Luck

------------------
Chells

Do what all the guides do on their boats (and me too!). Get a piece of UHMW plastic (the white colored slippery plastic that is used as a wear material) and adhere it to your boat with silicone and reuse the screw holes you already have by match drilling some holes thru it. I put silicone in the screw holes also along with a slight counterbore so I can fill the holes level. A 3/4" to 1" thick piece works best by whatever size you need.