• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Is anyone looking forward to this as much as I am?

LOTW_Outdoorsman

Winter Ice Fishing on Lake of the Woods

I know it's still aways off, but I'm getting antsy...

Happy Fishing and God Bless!

If I aint bear hunting I'm ice fishing. Good luck this winter with your new bussiness, winter rates seem very reasonable, might have to give ya a call for a day trip. Good luck.

As hot as it's been lately, I've been looking foward to a weekend on LOW when the water's hard!!!

To much great fishing and nice weather comeing up to be thinking about ice yet. However I just booked some rooms for an ice trip the other day. Will be up at LOW in 2 weeks hopeing the crank bite is on fire by then.

I won't be there until march (God willing). 2011 was my 1st ever time up there, and was planning on going this past march but the weather cancelled the trip frown It's pretty much my favorite place to go ice fishing.

We had 42* the other morning. Another 10* cooler and the water will be doing it's thing! I can't wait!!!

Summer is just one of thoe seasons we have to deal with while we wait for Winter to come.

Twisted your words are like butter, so smooth an flowing. I think thats a great title for a song, "Summer is just one of those season" it a hit!

We had 42* the other morning. Another 10* cooler and the water will be doing it's thing! I can't wait!!!

Summer is just one of thoe seasons we have to deal with while we wait for Winter to come.

Great minds think alike! Perfectly said.

AND bypassing the fall jig bite?? Last October was the best fishing I've ever had!!

I'm an equal opportunity fisherman. I love the opener just because it brings the sense of a new season. The spring jig bite is good. I really love catching the aggressive eyes off the reefs while dragging crawler harnesses in July and Aug. The fall jig bite is awesome. The early ice fishing I really like. The spring reef bite is a lot of fun also. Then there is the spring river bite.

Then we are right back to the opener.

Did we get any new toys to enjoy the hard water this season? Flashers, GPS's, ice houses?

These cool mornings make me want to drag out the old house & give it a tune-up!

Walleye Inn 2 got new fish hole covers put in yesterday, we will have two Walleye Inns patroling zippel bay area this year hope the snow depth is same as last year was nice movomg around!! lots of boat fishing still.

Did we get any new toys for the upcoming hard water season?

Flashers, GPS's, ice houses?

These cool mornings have me on the edge of my seat!

I have fished LOW in March for Pike but just bought myself a new wheel house. Planning to bring it up a few times this year and was wondering what the earlliest people can get a 8 X 16 wheel house on the big pond? I know weather can be funny, so I am just looking for an estamate.

depends on what you are going to pull it with. If it is a 3/4 ton pickup then it will be Christmas or after. If you have a lighter vehicle or a 4 wheeler then you can get it out sooner.

I think it's ok.

I've been jealous of this kind of junk for many years.

It only got down to 50 this morning in the north country.

Dammit, the lake is never going to freeze at this rate.

39F in Baudette on Saturday. With things being a little dry, we maybe into winter and real nice ice early.

39F in Baudette on Saturday. With things being a little dry, we maybe into winter and real nice ice early.

I really, really hope so.

It seems to me, with an AC unit that large on top, you could probably set it on the lake now, flip the switch on the AC unit, and make your own ice!

You'd have a nice little island of ice to float around on, strap on a motor mount and away you go! Ice-fishing/houseboat! Drift sock, trolling motor, lead core on the ole' ice rods dragging cranks out in the mud flats!?! The possibilities are endless!

Nice fish-house dude! I'm "coveting" your junk already. blush

I gathered up every air conditioner I could find and put them to good use. I lined them up along the shore of LOW with the cold air blowing out across the water. I'm thinking that we should have a path to drive on in about a week. grin

We're gonna get this cat skun yet!