• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

NFL Pro 32 Power Rankings

RiverFish

Oh boy.....ouch.....I know I know, every other team is boring to a packers fan. It's a good thing everyone likes the packers. I mean they do don't they? I mean that's the impression I get from the sconnies all the time.....

Oh boy.....ouch.....I know I know, every other team is boring to a packers fan. It's a good thing everyone likes the packers. I mean they do don't they? I mean that's the impression I get from the sconnies all the time.....

Completely wrong James. I have a lot of interest in teams that are competitive or on the edge of being competitive. Teams that come to mind would be the Lions, Bears, Eagles, Cowboys, SF, Falcons, Chargers, Broncos.

Teams that choose to be non competitive have no interest(yawn) to anybody. Teams that come to mind are the Vikes, Browns, Jaguars.

I do however cheer for the Pack.

Really? Hmmmmmmm........and Rodgers goes down, who carries that team? 75% of their touchdowns last year came from Rodgers throwing. Not to mention the fact that he had 3 of their 12 rushing tochdowns. Thats 25% of their rushing touchdowns. I'd say their offense is pretty much soley dependent upon him. Please tell me who is going to step in and take over all that offense if he goes down. I hate being ignorant...............
And it continues to show.

What does that stat mean? You can toss stats around but they need to be significant to a discussion in order to have meaning. Adrian Peterson scored exactly 75% of the Vikings rushing touchdowns. The Vikings offense didn't crumble. In fact, they still beat the Redskins behind Gerhart's 109 rushing yards. Against a good Bears defense, Toby still had 67 yards and a TD. Maybe you don't watch football, but every QB that has stepped in for Green Bay under Mike McCarthy has done BETTER than the starter. Here's how that works:

2007 at Dallas: Brett Favre goes down with an arm injury in a game that Green Bay is clearly losing. Rodgers gets his first real game experience and engineers a comeback that falls just short.

2010 at Detroit: Rodgers goes down with a concussion after being stymied by the Detroit defense all day. Enter Matt Flynn for his first game, who drives the team for a field goal and with minutes left on the clock almost pulls off the comeback by driving down the field.

2010 at New England: Matt Flynn gets his first start and comes within a drive of beating a good NE team on the road, 27-31.

2011 vs Detroit: Matt Flynn beats Detroit in a shootout at Lambeau to end the season.

Each time the Green Bay backup came in and played better than the starter, win or lose. Graham Harrell is coming up through the same system as all of the others. He'll be just fine if pushed into action. Is he an Aaron Rodgers, likely not. Are the Packers going to lose 75% of their TD production as you stated? Anyone who thinks that is clearly not an informed football fan.

Yeah I'm sure Graham Harrell will be the next great Packer quarterback after Rodgers. Lmfao! You best hope Rodgers doesn't go down.

Yeah I'm sure Graham Harrell will be the next great Packer quarterback after Rodgers. Lmfao! You best hope Rodgers doesn't go down.

Come on, these QB quotes on being injured are ridiculous. 90% of the NFL teams will be hampered severly if their starting QB goes down. There just are not a lot of good NFL QBs in the NFL.

While I know the Viking suck now, and the Packers have a good team. It wasnt to many years ago, that the Vikes won the division 2 years in a row, in fact it was 3 years ago. We are rebuilding, and we are improving. In 2 years, we will fighting for the division leader again.

4wanderingeyes - I whole heartily agree actually. I'm a big Ponder fan and think that they could really do something with Kyle Rudolf and Carlson running double tight end sets. Those double sets would also help compensate for a lack of a solid O-line until that gets built up, hopefully around Kalil.

The real key will be about the defense. I think that Leslie is as good of a coach as any to change that, but Spielman has to come up with his end of the bargain. They need more quality pics on the defensive side to get competitive.

I think that we've all seen that offense is ruling the NFL these days, but unless you're one of the top 5 offenses then you need the defensive balance. They will get there as long as the build for the long term, not just to win this year or the next.

I'd be willing to wager that Grahm Harrel would lead the Packers to a better record than the Vikings will have with Ponder...and that's no rip on Ponder, it just shows that Green Bay's system is proven and works. With McCarthy, he is solely an offensive guru. He is an additional QB coach and calls a great game. He knowingly submits to Capers when addressing the Defensive side of the ball.

The Packers have always decided to build around the draft, and ignore the fame of bringing in big name guys. They don't draft guys with discipline issues, huge egos, or try to take that "one shot" at a championship ala the Favre fiasco. As of late, their picks have been great...and their team is too (Rodgers, Matthews, Raji, etc.).

Hopefully Kalil is the start of a similar string of solid draft picks for the Vikings.

***With that all being said, I believe the Packers will finish second to the BEARS in the NFC North and earn a Wildcard spot, and the Lions will take a considerable step backwards finishing around 8-8 or 7-9...with the Vikings at 6-10.

The Vikes will pretty much stink this season again but they will be better.

Give them 2-3 more years and I honeslty believe they will be contenders. Even if the troll master Lmitout thinks otherwise.

I also believe the Vikes will have a new coach if Ziggy thinks the Vikes can contend in thier division. That's a stretch to say the least but maybe it sells tickets.

After watching the Vikes/Niners game last nite it seemed to me that the Purple may be over ranked at #29.

I place nothing in the first 2 or for that matter any pre season games.

Simply a test season for a few new ones and a warm up for the starters. Then some do not hardly play at all due to a possible injury.

Yes, they will still stink even without as great pre season.

I also believe the Vikes will have a new coach if Ziggy thinks the Vikes can contend in thier division. That's a stretch to say the least but maybe it sells tickets.

The same guy who said last year wasnt going to be a rebuilding year?

Look, anyone who thinks the Vikes have a shot this year is a fool...

That being said, a quick turnaround in this league is easy to achieve. A few good draft picks and a key FA signing and the purple will be a force to be reckoned with.

Just have to wait it out, thank god for fantasy football.

• 2 weeks later...

The Packers are one snap away from being the worst team in the NFL. They lose Rodgers, they are done. Haven't had a running game in 3 years. He goes down they compete with the Vikings for last place in the division. That being said, Vikings win 6 games most this season. Personally, if the Vikings don't win the division, I want the Lions to take it.

I don't know man... they looked pretty good with Flynn taking snaps at the end of the season last year.

I would be happy with a .500 season this year with the Vikes. Detroit is looking better every year since they got rid of Millen.

I think we will split in the division, give everyone a righteous slap in the face! Including the Fudesicles! If GB makes the playoffs again they will choke it up.

[quote=Jim Uran

I don't know man... they looked pretty good with Flynn taking snaps at the end of the season last year.

Yup! He may be the back up to Wilson. We will see how the kid plays this week. Seattle might have an expensive back up.